DD Stable Of Impermanence

... about 6 weeks after pollination occurs and you can see the seeds popping out.

Thanks CC for clarifying that. I’d read another member say she’ll only pollinate in the first three weeks of flower. Just wanted to double check that - I don’t want to waste pollen by ending up with seeds that aren’t viable.

I will sift what I can out of the bag we have and keep it in the fridge til our next run :high-five:

Even blurry the purple is pretty!

We’re pretty happy she’s starting to shape up. She’s got pretty-to-look-at already. We just need pretty stinky, and pretty big then we’ll be sitting pretty again. :battingeyelashes:

Cheers
:yummy::cool::peace:

Thanks Gerry. Things are trucking along in the gardens. Flip day 48 today so bloom is in week 7 now, so they got a K boost last night with bloom nutes and molasses for the herd. My thought is to get the soil energy up by giving the herd a boost.
For the first time since flowers set it’s getting smelly in the tent. A bit of a drought this week is supposed to increase terpene production - we’ll see.
I’ve also painted the walls of my veg space white, increasing lumens@leaf. We’ll have an update on that in a few days time.
:morenutes:
Cheers folks :)

Thank you MrWick :cool: I’ll try for better photos next time. Still can’t find my missing hidden loupe :laugh: ordered another one - an upgrade. I hope I’ll be able to use my phone with it. Anyone else use the 420loupe?

Veg Update

I started LST on our Isabelles Red in veg a week ago. Here they were a month ago. They are the two in the back in that post. The other three are gone. I cleared the memory out in my phone, but thought I’d loaded more up to date pix. :rolleyes:

I’d left it a bit late to start working them. They’d grown themselves to be pretty tightly bunched in their tops. It’s taken til today to uncover and open up their apical meristems.

0FFDA689-FB49-4920-BA17-3EE8D733938F.jpeg
F304BCFA-5BB3-497D-93CD-001294C533E7.jpeg
4DC6AE9C-E727-4454-B61B-8312EAA42B15.jpeg

As rough as that looks, an hour later they were bouncing back. . .

C7A7DCC5-F524-4D40-AD3A-6D2F4D0EDBDE.jpeg

Later in the week I tried a bit of HST for the first time in the form of some discrete stem crushing to help to shape some of the branches. Thanks @Lewydeville, it works well.

267E9B2C-74CB-435D-BE2E-FE202A6A286B.jpeg
D92F5E51-FEFA-4EF2-908E-1CA294BEADEA.jpeg

And now today.

5DA08456-BF62-43C6-A66C-A7EDF6A9E761.jpeg

These plants have done nothing for ages. It seems like I just had to show an interest in them for them to go Boom!

On the left she is in a 35 litre/10 gallon bag. On the right she is in a 25 litre/7 gallon bag. I’ll put the 7g under the HPS in a few weeks, give her a week or two then flip her. There should be room to run some others in smaller pots. We’ll see. The 10g girl I’ll hold back in low light veg while her little sister does her thing. By then the 10g girl will fill the whole 3x3 tent.

Here’s a wee look at what’s happening in the tent now, actually this is almost a week ago too :) They’re on flip day 52 today.

0732D3C3-C6E4-423E-809C-6DE2C50FBBA1.png

Thanks for looking in, folks :yummy:
Be lucky.
:morenutes:

They look happy today.

They look happy today.

They do :) Cheers mate good to see you:high-five: I think they’re going to be ‘uge.

Our gardens are within a day or two of flip yeah. Ours is 52 now. I look to you as a more organised guy to take the cue.

Anywho - last time with these girls I counted from first showing sex, not first day of flower. When I take off that three weeks I shouldn’t have counted last time, and look down the loupe, I think our current girls are at the same stage of maturity as our last ones were when we pulled. So - great hopes for better results this time even though there’s heaps of room to improve to put it mildly.

While mrsDonk is looking at the cat through the new trich’scope let me show you a few snaps from tonight.

This is the girls waiting by the veg area on their way back to their hidey-hole. They had their drought-breaker tonight and sho’ nuff they’re stinkier than before, not that that necessarily means anything. It’s nice though.

03EDAB1E-2675-4E26-9612-D4CB29CB38B7.jpeg
BE003A96-68C7-41BD-9684-A98C544CE34C.jpeg
C711155B-CF84-429A-A127-AFB6FE5E90E8.jpeg

Beautiful! Mesmerizing, actually.

We're on day 51 since flipping to 12/12. The plants began to flower soon after (within a week or so - since I'm new I wasn't sure how to count so counting from flip simplifies it).

Pretty work and garden is looking wonderful DD! Maika’i!! Getting myself caught up on the quadlining thread. Makes me wish I vegged longer :laugh: but with this new set up I was impatient to work all the kinks out. Definitely gonna make some adjustments on the next grow. Sending positive thoughts and vibes!

Aloha!
:passitleft:

Thanks for your support and encouragement folks. Each little zap you send helps keep me grounded and that’s got to be good for the EC of the herd, right? What I’m saying is my garden looks great and I blame you, I blame you all ;):rofl:

Pretty work and garden is looking wonderful DD! Maika’i!! Getting myself caught up on the quadlining thread. Makes me wish I vegged longer :laugh: but with this new set up I was impatient to work all the kinks out. Definitely gonna make some adjustments on the next grow. Sending positive thoughts and vibes!

Aloha!
:passitleft:

Cheers Sunny. I might’ve vegged these girls longer, but I’m impatient for the meds. The difference for me this time from the last (my first) is that this time I’m impatient but still quite well medicated. I’ll be impatient, no doubt, until I have a healthy amount jarred.
As far as making adjustments to the next grow goes, this is what I see - it’s always going to be a fluid thing (not hydrodynamics, environmental dynamics:rolleyes:). We’ll keep getting better at stuff as we go. In order to achieve improvements I reckon it’s important not to set the bar too high the first time out :)
:peace::yummy:

They do :) Cheers mate good to see you:high-five: I think they’re going to be ‘uge.

Our gardens are within a day or two of flip yeah. Ours is 52 now. I look to you as a more organised guy to take the cue.

Anywho - last time with these girls I counted from first showing sex, not first day of flower. When I take off that three weeks I shouldn’t have counted last time, and look down the loupe, I think our current girls are at the same stage of maturity as our last ones were when we pulled. So - great hopes for better results this time even though there’s heaps of room to improve to put it mildly.

While mrsDonk is looking at the cat through the new trich’scope let me show you a few snaps from tonight.

This is the girls waiting by the veg area on their way back to their hidey-hole. They had their drought-breaker tonight and sho’ nuff they’re stinkier than before, not that that necessarily means anything. It’s nice though.

03EDAB1E-2675-4E26-9612-D4CB29CB38B7.jpeg
BE003A96-68C7-41BD-9684-A98C544CE34C.jpeg
C711155B-CF84-429A-A127-AFB6FE5E90E8.jpeg
Beautiful! POTM quality for sure.

Thanks guys :)
Feeling luckier than usual today. Got the weedeater round the section before the rain. Dogs are knackered so I don’t have to go out in it. I’ve had a pressure bandage round a thumb I thought I’d broken - today it’s singing songs of revenge for my stupidity (what’s a damn donkey doing with a thumb anyway?) - but definitely not broken :thumb: Other lucky news is that the Isabelles Blue are doing well out in the hills. Which reminded me of the bag of “male” flowers I biffed in the back of the fridge when I got home on the day.
I’ve been running low and thought I’d sift the pollen and sample the flowers for strength. See what to expect from a cross in my next run :p in the name of science.
Here’s what just happened..

F2CF8600-CB31-49F9-9FBE-4428F31B1681.jpeg

IKR?! That’s what I thought too, just airy buds. But I’m credulous as hell and thought well maybe there were nanners.

4EA6CA94-D274-4E0A-8D77-6F88D5A86BBB.jpeg

I’m not a botanist, but those sifting look like pistils not stamens. Back to the powder in the bag for a closer look ..

BBFF4ACD-96BC-4C26-8CAF-0353FA67DB0C.jpeg

Sorry I forgot to crop this, but looks like trichomes to me. I scoped around in case I was missing something..

D13593CA-007B-497E-98BD-0966D122ACE0.jpeg

And compared that to the kief under the screen in my grinder. We’ve all done this, right?

2E619E85-17E3-4872-AB67-EE63533310E8.jpeg

50B182E7-42EB-4FCD-9124-F16671A63871.jpeg
26319EB0-1D67-4669-9CFD-A13A4941EC85.jpeg

.. to the shake from the siftings..

1A080C51-6498-421F-BA4A-F5296C98C568.jpeg
EC7F3119-FF29-4284-AB21-F3B3D11CD771.jpeg

:rolleyes: Seems nothing else for it, really...

B08209E0-1C70-4B66-9E87-E8D087D146B5.jpeg

It’s the last day of my weekend and my guitar isn’t going to play itself!

:theband:

Be lucky!

Back
Top Bottom