Death Bubba - Flood & Drain Journal 2x4 Setup

Well there you have it, this will be my last post for this journal. It's been quite a learning experience trying out this flood and drain system, it's something that I will definitely continue doing. I initially was planning on doing a straight flip to 12/12 with my 20 clones but in the end decided to veg for 30 days and top a couple times.

For the amount of space I have in the tent (2x4), I believe now I should've stuck with a straight flip to 12/12 instead so I would have 1 main cola for each plant. This would allow for better light penetration throughout the canopy. Either that or going back to a couple 4-6 pots in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots.

The long 30 day veg was way too long for the 1 gal pots, I pulled the roots out and they were completely root bound. I guess I didn't realize at the time when deciding to keep vegging that the pots would be too small. Oh well, you live and you learn.

but without further ado.. the final yield was 8.4 ounces.

Smells great, sticky as hell, has a lot of purple tones in it as well. Now in the jars for the curing process.

420-magazine-mobile98913975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1515667629.jpg

420-magazine-mobile874101914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile586532522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well there you have it, this will be my last post for this journal. It's been quite a learning experience trying out this flood and drain system, it's something that I will definitely continue doing. I initially was planning on doing a straight flip to 12/12 with my 20 clones but in the end decided to veg for 30 days and top a couple times.

For the amount of space I have in the tent (2x4), I believe now I should've stuck with a straight flip to 12/12 instead so I would have 1 main cola for each plant. This would allow for better light penetration throughout the canopy. Either that or going back to a couple 4-6 pots in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots.

The long 30 day veg was way too long for the 1 gal pots, I pulled the roots out and they were completely root bound. I guess I didn't realize at the time when deciding to keep vegging that the pots would be too small. Oh well, you live and you learn.

but without further ado.. the final yield was 8.4 ounces.

Smells great, sticky as hell, has a lot of purple tones in it as well. Now in the jars for the curing process.

420-magazine-mobile98913975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1515667629.jpg

420-magazine-mobile874101914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile586532522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Congrats kush! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! Thanks again for doing this journal it definitely got my wheels spinning on what I could do with my tent.:bravo:

I've read this whole journal. Still learning and have no experience. Can someone answer my question?

- Why was scrog not used? Too my plants?
- The plants look small, is that because of the 1 gallon pots?
- What would happen if 3 or 5 gallons pots where used. He could fit less plants, but they would be bigger?
- The grower said it was better to go into flower directly instead he choose to vegg for 30 days. What would be the outcome if he flowered immediately.
- The ppm at the where around 50. What water was used? My tap water alone has a ppm in the hundreds.
- In the other grow journal of the mother. The yield is 11 ounces. This is 8 ounces for 20 plants. Is that because there is no space?

Hey Cab! I read this journal while it was still active. He did more if a sea of green grow. Twenty clones in i believe 2 by 4 flood tray. He wasnt doing any training keep em small then flip after they rooted. His other journal with the big girl was his white cookies mother i believe. This was more of a experiment grow which to me was successful. He had to flower fast cause there was no way twenty plants in a small footprint sharing one light would b good. He got 11 ounces off the mother to me for a couple reasons number one being it vegged for a very long time. He supercropped the heck out if that plant just to maintain it. And like u said its a small footprint he was growing in with one kind led. I dont think he could fit twenty plants with any bigger pots but also he didnt have the things to bloom a big group like that. U need a lot of space and a lot of light if you wanted to get bigger pots veg long etc etc. Hope i helo answer your questions. I havent seen kush around in awhile.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom