Death Bubba - Flood & Drain Journal 2x4 Setup

Fantastic stuff mate. Can you take lots of close ups of some of your best plants before the chop? Be nice to see how they've grown individually! Good stuff Kush!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes I will definitely take the net off and spread the plants out for close up pics before cutting them down. I can definitely see that the outside plants are not as developed comparing to the middle plants. would definitely need to add 1 more 300-600w led to maximize my space and keep yields even.

I have an overgrown white cookies mother plant in a 5 gal geopot that I will probably flip to flower after I take some cuttings from her. She has outgrown my mother tent and very curious to see how she flowers. She is YUUUUGE (DT voice). I'd expect her to yield a good 6-8oz on her own

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 58, started flushing yesterday. I won't be posting anymore new pics until I chop them down but looks like my 1 flush yesterday worked well. Went from 1580ppm in the coco mix to 670ppm after 1 good top feed last night and this evening. will be flushing for at least 2-3 more days, definitely want to clear out all my nutes before they get chopped. Coco coir usually 5 days is all you need for a good flush, we will see how it goes!

Day 59, did another top feed flush, now the soil mix is at 250ppm. One more good flush tomorrow and they will be chopped on day 61! Decided to take some pics, tried to get some closer shots too. I will have better pics for harvest time.

420-magazine-mobile1698206132.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2025802385.jpg

420-magazine-mobile888239870.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1513582847.jpg

How's trichome production? Also would it be a good idea to try and allow a couple more days after tomorrow's flush so the plants can transpire and bring up that clean low ppm water you'll be flushing the pots with? Just a thought

Your plants are looking tasty:) Great job Bro :)

How's trichome production? Also would it be a good idea to try and allow a couple more days after tomorrow's flush so the plants can transpire and bring up that clean low ppm water you'll be flushing the pots with? Just a thought

Your plants are looking tasty:) Great job Bro :)

Got 1/4 amber trichomes at this point, going for a lighter smoke this time as the previous grow I had pink kush and flowered for 10 weeks and trichomes were 1/2-3/4 amber, really strong stuff.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to wait a couple of days, but with some of my previous grows I never had any issues with the smoke/taste and in 1 grow I only flushed 1 day. I'm a strong believer in the curing process to clear out any taste issues with the buds. I cure my buds in jars for 2-3 weeks after drying before I even touch it. Then I take small amounts as needed leaving the rest in large mason jars in a dark closet. Smoking buds that have been curing for 3-4 months is amazing!

Yesterday they flushed at 250 ppm and now it's reading 52ppm after their last flush earlier today. I'm also keeping them in the dark period for the last 24 hours so that no left over nutrients reach the branches as that's when they usually uptake the nutes.

I'll post single photos of them when they're out of the scrog! I'm freeeeeeakin pumped .

Stay tuned!

Here it is!! Taking them out of the scrog net was a nightmare, cut off a bunch of buds, oh well.

Pics are mainly in order of smallest (outside/corner plants) to largest (middle plants).

Looks like yield should be pretty good, wonder if I'll reach 16oz. Been my goal since I started growing! if I can manage 1lb in a 2x4 tent then I'm a super happy man!

For now.. dab taken.. tunes are on and I'm goin to work!

420-magazine-mobile1915386907.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1871850147.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1228322546.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1406253437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile230602708.jpg

420-magazine-mobile857077397.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1210824880.jpg

420-magazine-mobile637898443.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2143650255.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1463314108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile455981595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile451465644.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1726953359.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1058829992.jpg

Iam planning on the same set up except in a 4x4 table in a 4x4x6.5 tent under a 1000w hps in a cool hood. So as I have never done hydro this is cool as hell to me an learning before I start is always good :)

Iam planning on the same set up except in a 4x4 table in a 4x4x6.5 tent under a 1000w hps in a cool hood. So as I have never done hydro this is cool as hell to me an learning before I start is always good :)

Well I'll tell you that it's a ton of fun and super easy to maintain when doing flood and drain. I'm really seeing a huge difference from just hand watering in pots previously.

I documented the journal the whole way from when they were baby clones so feel free to go through it and read up on some of the stuff I did throughout the grow, I'm sure it could help out a bit!

You get better lumen : watt under the 600 rather than the 1000 as well as the 1000 being very warm. I heard reservoir temps can be a dilema but I'm not speaking from experience there. 600 is fine for 4 x 4 Gl

Jari

You get better lumen : watt under the 600 rather than the 1000 as well as the 1000 being very warm. I heard reservoir temps can be a dilema but I'm not speaking from experience there. 600 is fine for 4 x 4 Gl

Jari

I only have a 400w an 2-1000w lamps :( but I do have a 6" 435cfm stealth fan hence the cool hood. Iam hoping it will stay cool enough. If not I have an a/c unit ;)

Is that the TD silent 150 mm? Great fan. Make sure you still use lots of insulation as they still vibrate. Make sure it's not against flat surfaces like floors or walls. Make a sound proof box helps too but I'm sure you will

420-magazine-mobile904502710.jpg

Pack the box. Helps a lot :) remember Carbon Filter will cut down your cubic meterage a lot.

Jari

I'd stick with the 1000 if you have it. But consider a second fan. One to power the air cooled hood through the top middle ports on the sides. This should only vent the fan. A lot of people use one end open cooled hood to actually vent the tent air through the light and out again which works fine for some people but with the CF and ducting bends and lengths combined with the effort of pulling air in to the tent that probably won't work for you. 2 fans and your good to go

Jari

420-magazine-mobile1570245933.jpg

5 plants down, 15 more to go!

Kush,

WOW!!!

This is all just beautiful to see. I'm so damned happy for you. I know how hard you've worked to accomplish this wondrous feat, and I know how hard it can be from my own meagre experiences so far. CON-FUCKING-GRATULATIONS! You deserve it. You really do.

And let me take this moment to thank you again for all the help you've so freely offered me so far during my own grow. You've been a constant source of aid and a constant source of advice, and I've really appreciated every moment of it.

But this is your moment. Revel in it. And enjoy your beautiful, bountiful harvest. You deserve every nugget you've grown.

All my best,
Magnus.

Kush,

WOW!!!

This is all just beautiful to see. I'm so damned happy for you. I know how hard you've worked to accomplish this wondrous feat, and I know how hard it can be from my own meagre experiences so far. CON-FUCKING-GRATULATIONS! You deserve it. You really do.

And let me take this moment to thank you again for all the help you've so freely offered me so far during my own grow. You've been a constant source of aid and a constant source of advice, and I've really appreciated every moment of it.

But this is your moment. Revel in it. And enjoy your beautiful, bountiful harvest. You deserve every nugget you've grown.

All my best,
Magnus.

Thanks for all the kind words Magnus, definitely appreciate it! This grow was an awesome learning experience for me and I can't wait to see what I come up with next.

Here is a pic of the final yield after a solid 8 hours of trimming!

420-magazine-mobile33072819.jpg

Weigh in to come next! Stay tuned, about 5-7 days

Back
Top Bottom