Death Bubba - Flood & Drain Journal 2x4 Setup

I did it about a week ago I can see a slight difference in shape to the bud nothing major though. I've compared it to a bud that's right next to it they looked identical before the snip

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey man just posted some harvest pics on my journal. The last pic is my back building experiment comparison. Check it out and tell me what you think! Your girls are looking fabulous btw! I definitely want to try a grow like yours when I start messing with photoperiods. Keep up the good work bud!

Alright well no harm no foul then. Im always willing to try a new technique once!

I'm like yourself willing to try different techniques. I read about back building obviously before trying it so far Iv not noticed any problem but the bud it's self kind of looks chunkier I'm not sure if that's to do with changing the shape of the bud time will tell has they're still filling out but I would say it's worth ago do what I did and only do a few to see what you think I'd like to have a second opinion .

I'm like yourself willing to try different techniques. I read about back building obviously before trying it so far Iv not noticed any problem but the bud it's self kind of looks chunkier I'm not sure if that's to do with changing the shape of the bud time will tell has they're still filling out but I would say it's worth ago do what I did and only do a few to see what you think I'd like to have a second opinion .

Hey thanks for checking in! looking at the pictures it's very hard for me to know if the technique worked but like you said, just try it and see what happens! you're harvest looks nice. Are you able to sustain yourself until next grow? Not sure how much you smoke. My main goal is to reach that level, at this point I'm usually about 2 weeks short lol. I smoke about an ounce a week. Hopefully with this plant configuration I can grow a lb. but very hard to say. They are bulking up real nice, except I know I need another light in my tent to cover the edges because the outside plants are lacking bud development, easy fix though! Will most likely buy a cheapo LED light 600w from amazon. The viparspectre's look decent and have good reviews. I can't spend another $1400 on another KIND LED lol.

Debating what to do next grow because my white cookies mother is growing out of her tent even with extreme LST, she's in a 5 gal coco geopot and a 6" rockwool so she grows super fast and the tent is too small for that size. I'm going to clone her and flower her for next grow. Was thinking of maybe just throwing in 6 (1 gal) clones next to it and flip to flower. she will yield me huge for sure I can see already.

Then for the grow after just go back to my sea of green method. lol sorry for the ramble, I just took a fat dab and got super comfy laying back in bed haha.

White cookies mother plant.
def086cc8b1b78cf21db1a3e9efd5bff.jpg

Massive arms
thick stalk
70345ee5231b941aff35e2b4d0e21eb6.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions on plant configuration. I will be keeping the flood and drain method though because I love it, got them automated to feed 4 times a day currently.

Day 42 of flower!

Decided to photograph them differently this time. Instead of the pictures being taken through the method 7 LED sunglasses and lights on, I just turned off all lights.

You can really see how much resin they are coated in, and stacking quite nicely. I am very happy with the progress so far.
3769b0f961c59a9e2f3f57b7c32c51af.jpg
80c388f221334fb989766d4a831936c9.jpg
338ff750af1a27b99b010b2111c0dde0.jpg
d6e220394e035fba0eda3fdfe541a7aa.jpg
42901f9ea018937bee9b6d10a9476c5e.jpg
50edb4d27ca5ac630d0f6e47a1f10ddf.jpg
ae1c319ea0ca1050dcd59eebaee55e39.jpg

Wow, Kush! Your girls look soooooo delectable. I'd love to run your white widow through my new bong. Damn! She looks so tasty. Now why does this seem so sexual, eh?

On a more serious note... I'm wondering if you can give me some pointers on my journal about how you set up your flood/drain system. The wife is trying to figure out how to do that all day today.

What she's working on:

1) A very large tray on the floor, or a series of trays. This tray is inclined from one corner down to another corner so liquids gather in that one corner.

2) A very short frame holding a galvanized steel (a light one, but sturdy) flat.

3) On top of this galvanized steel top, sits the four 5-gallon fabric pots with the plants.

4) above this, attached to the frames of the tent, sits the elastic scrog that I put pics of on my journal tonight.

5) A 5-gallon pail sits on the floor beside it all, holding the nutes/water.

6) A timed pump pumps nutes/water from this resevoir into the fabric pots 4x per day.

7) The water drains out of the fabric pots from all sides and the bottom onto the galvanized steel sheet, where it drains into the tray below the short table.

8) Another timed pump pumps the runoff back into the resevoir.

9) The system rests and begins again several hours later.

How does that all sound to you? Do you think it will work? See problems with it? The whole idea is my wife-bot's idea. She's pretty smart with this kind of thing, and she's the one who owns all the tools in the house, because she's the one who uses them. I used a drill for the first time in my life the other day when I was drilling holes in my pots for extra drainage. Sad, isn't it? I'm such a non-male it's not even funny... But I've got the brains in the family! It's not everyone who can write and publish a fiction book, eh?

Hope things are well down your way. It's alwasy so nice to see you drop by my place. I really do love your comments!

Wow, Kush! Your girls look soooooo delectable. I'd love to run your white widow through my new bong. Damn! She looks so tasty. Now why does this seem so sexual, eh?

On a more serious note... I'm wondering if you can give me some pointers on my journal about how you set up your flood/drain system. The wife is trying to figure out how to do that all day today.

What she's working on:

1) A very large tray on the floor, or a series of trays. This tray is inclined from one corner down to another corner so liquids gather in that one corner.

2) A very short frame holding a galvanized steel (a light one, but sturdy) flat.

3) On top of this galvanized steel top, sits the four 5-gallon fabric pots with the plants.

4) above this, attached to the frames of the tent, sits the elastic scrog that I put pics of on my journal tonight.

5) A 5-gallon pail sits on the floor beside it all, holding the nutes/water.

6) A timed pump pumps nutes/water from this resevoir into the fabric pots 4x per day.

7) The water drains out of the fabric pots from all sides and the bottom onto the galvanized steel sheet, where it drains into the tray below the short table.

8) Another timed pump pumps the runoff back into the resevoir.

9) The system rests and begins again several hours later.

How does that all sound to you? Do you think it will work? See problems with it? The whole idea is my wife-bot's idea. She's pretty smart with this kind of thing, and she's the one who owns all the tools in the house, because she's the one who uses them. I used a drill for the first time in my life the other day when I was drilling holes in my pots for extra drainage. Sad, isn't it? I'm such a non-male it's not even funny... But I've got the brains in the family! It's not everyone who can write and publish a fiction book, eh?

Hope things are well down your way. It's alwasy so nice to see you drop by my place. I really do love your comments!

Your wife definitely sounds like a handy woman! always nice to have that by your side. her plan is very good but I do believe you can simplify the process even further. The flood and drain (ebb & flow) method is described best in the diagram below. you can apply this to your current setup.
2c1c14e5110c757ac1ba44183d2e8e17.jpg

You have a nutrient reservoir located directly underneath, or outside the tent. Wherever you see fit. then you have a pump which directs the water up into the flood tray where the fabric pots sit. Once the water reaches the desired level, pumps turns off and floods back into the reservoir. The key to success with this method is that when the water drains back into the res, fresh oxygen is being pulled from the tops of the plants and down through the roots. this enables you to have a res without the use of air stones constantly circulating your nutes like with DWC. The water from the flood tray will enter the soil through the fabric pots and wick up towards the top. You cannot over water with this method, it's great.

It's a very simple process. You can buy a $15 ebb and flow kit on Amazon along with the tables and reservoirs or you can also DIY for very little $$ too. It's the cheapest hydro setup for the most part and definitely the easiest. This is the first time I'm doing flood and drain and I'm definitely loving it.

Hey Kush,

Thanks Zillions for turning me onto the Ebb and Flow system of feeding my plants. I've never heard of it, but now realize, after spending all morning on YouTube, that it's the way to go with feeding/watering my plants. I'm just spending so much damned time feeding/watering four times a day, and that's only with four plants!

The wife-bot and I have spent the morning researching and watching YouTube videos today. Wow! This is exciting stuff. Besides, it gives her another project to work on. She does like her little projects, that grrrrrl...

She's really psyched to put this system together. We figure, with the way our planting/harvesting system will go, and with the way our nutrients work, that we'll actually need to set up two identical Ebb & Flow systems, feeding different solutions to our plants.

I've decided to maybe scrap the scrog system. Check out my own journal where I'll detail what I"m thinking of doing. See ya over there?

Have a great day, man. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Day 48 of flower. was super busy this week and had the PPM rise in the res for a couple days, ladies got some nute burn so I'm going to dial them back down to around 1000ppm for a week or so and probably keep it there until I start flushing which is about 2 weeks away.

Excited to try this AN overdrive for the last couple weeks, heard this stuff really helps them get that extra swell.

Aside from the bit of nute burn, the ladies are still happy. I tried the backbuilding technique last week, it seems like it is working as the Calyxes are really starting to balloon underneath where I snipped the bud.

4e2101b76ac2bbb3169ac0357dc4c8d4.jpg

ef9954b92ef625cb2539632563ec63d7.jpg

Beautiful pics, Kush!!! Wow! What I wouldn't give to be hanging out at your place in about one months time...

:lot-o-toke:

hahahaha

Can't wait to learn as much as you and get as good at growing, too.

Had to put a claim into amazon for my pH meter since it hasn't arrived yet and the company isn't returning my emails I'm bummed, but will pick one up from my favourite store on Wed when I go to visit my new drug pusher -- the doctor who will prescribe cannabis for me. Finally, i'll have my pH meter. then i've got to get a ppm meter, too. don't know what to look for or what is the best kind given my budget. don't even know what its reallyy for, actually. but everyone says to get one. i only hope that if i do get one then i can learn how to use it properly....

Keep up the great work. looking good, man.

Beautiful pics, Kush!!! Wow! What I wouldn't give to be hanging out at your place in about one months time...

:lot-o-toke:

hahahaha

Can't wait to learn as much as you and get as good at growing, too.

Had to put a claim into amazon for my pH meter since it hasn't arrived yet and the company isn't returning my emails I'm bummed, but will pick one up from my favourite store on Wed when I go to visit my new drug pusher -- the doctor who will prescribe cannabis for me. Finally, i'll have my pH meter. then i've got to get a ppm meter, too. don't know what to look for or what is the best kind given my budget. don't even know what its reallyy for, actually. but everyone says to get one. i only hope that if i do get one then i can learn how to use it properly....

Keep up the great work. looking good, man.

Yah I'm getting excited to see how they look during the flushing period, that's when you see that last bulking phase, it's awesome.

I'll paste a pic of the one I bought off amazon. Super cheap and works great. The PPM (parts per million) is the reading of how much dissolved nutrients is in your water. This way you can accurately know how much you are feeding your plants throughout the cycle. It reads instantly and does not require any calibration, unlike the PH pen which needs to be adjusted every feeding or at least once a week.

a37d8cfaf4b7a394fd655f60d8c732b0.jpg

Hey Kush, Everything going okay? Haven't heard from you all week how are your lovely ladies?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Jarimuana, I have been sort of lazy with posting lately, but now they are in their last week of flower before I harvest so here's a quick little update!

The ladies are at Day 56 of flower. Going to feed them with ph balanced water and AN overdrive only for the remainder of the week. I am also doing 4 feedings per day, 2 flood and drain and 2 manual top feeds to flush out all the remaining nutrients and salts.

420-magazine-mobile555010199.jpg

420-magazine-mobile990411180.jpg

And there was all them people up her that said u were running to many!! Great job ur girls r bueatiful!! Can't wait to see what yield u come up with!! Got a bunch of budsicles!! Made that word up but either way ur garden is one to envy keep up the good work n look forward to the next update then the harvest update!! Keep em Green!!

And there was all them people up her that said u were running to many!! Great job ur girls r bueatiful!! Can't wait to see what yield u come up with!! Got a bunch of budsicles!! Made that word up but either way ur garden is one to envy keep up the good work n look forward to the next update then the harvest update!! Keep em Green!!

Thanks pino, we are all here to learn and grow from our experiences (see what I did there), who knows what I will try for my next grow.. that's the beauty of it all. .

I'll be sure to post updates nearing the end and the whole drying/curing process

I am always terrible at guessing yield so we will just have to wait and see! Hoping 13+ ounces though

Hey Jarimuana, I have been sort of lazy with posting lately, but now they are in their last week of flower before I harvest so here's a quick little update!

The ladies are at Day 56 of flower. Going to feed them with ph balanced water and AN overdrive only for the remainder of the week. I am also doing 4 feedings per day, 2 flood and drain and 2 manual top feeds to flush out all the remaining nutrients and salts.

420-magazine-mobile555010199.jpg

420-magazine-mobile990411180.jpg

Love this grow! Great job I wanna try something like this in the future! Curious to see your yield!:bravo::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom