All of the plants except the FPK got watered today. I top dressed the C99, LH, and Gel with 1 Tbsp of 3-4-3 Jump Start and watered it in with 1 Tbsp of URB ph'd at 6.3. FP got the same MC mixture as last time of 2 grams per gallon. I made sure most of the water went to the outer edges of the pot ensuring the outer edge is the wettest. The FBK still had a little weight to it this morning, but I suspect it to need some water at some point today. Also all of the plants had 6 nodes so I went ahead and topped them all today. I will let them fill these pots up and then up pot to a 3 gallon pot which will be there final home. Then I will wait at least 2 weeks before the flip.

Veg Day 22

Here they are before topping.

IMG-2088.jpg

Here they are after topping. Once 4 branches are long enough to be tied town I will use low stress training(LST) to tie them down in a cross or X shape (I believe this is called quadlining).

IMG-2098.jpg

The FBK is still pushing out these weird looking leaves even as new growth. I know it can take a couple nodes to improve so we'll see. Here is the FBK before topping.

IMG-2084.jpg

The growth a couple nodes down doesn't appear to have that weird look so I topped it down to the highest normal looking growth. We'll see if it stays normal with the new growth from here on out.

IMG-2100.jpg

I'm curious how the taste/smell and potency of MC compare to organically grown. Have you finished a grow with it yet?

Cool journal derek, I’m curious about all the stuff you’re using.

Cool journal derek, I’m curious about all the stuff you’re using.

Thank you. I’m curious too. This is my first full grow with these nutrients. I’ve read nothing but good things about both lines. I’m liking both of them so far.

Thank you. I’m curious too. This is my first full grow with these nutrients. I’ve read nothing but good things about both lines. I’m liking both of them so far.
I’m new to all of it. Did one grow with chems and one organic. Organic was much better. What I did was fill the bottom third of the containers with super soil. Went from solo cups to 7gal. Didn’t have to touch them for 2.5 months-ish.

I made some teas and such but it was unnecessary. Didn’t need anything Much but Recharge. I used Iguana Juice and Herculean and boiled bananas for potassium. Cool thing about organics, hard to burn them, I’ve been trying lol.

I’m new to all of it. Did one grow with chems and one organic. Organic was much better. What I did was fill the bottom third of the containers with super soil. Went from solo cups to 7gal. Didn’t have to touch them for 2.5 months-ish.

I made some teas and such but it was unnecessary. Didn’t need anything Much but Recharge. I used Iguana Juice and Herculean and boiled bananas for potassium. Cool thing about organics, hard to burn them, I’ve been trying lol.
At some point I want to get to cooking my own soil. Right now I’m good with letting FoxFarm do it. Haven’t made a tea yet either. May look into doing that for future grows.

At some point I want to get to cooking my own soil. Right now I’m good with letting FoxFarm do it. Haven’t made a tea yet either. May look into doing that for future grows.
You won’t be sorry. I did it on my 1st try and cut down on nute use dramatically. Best part is I’ll reuse it, add what was missing and it keeps getting better. Mixing teas is tricky. Requires a good pump and knowledge of microbes. I’ll still brew tea but also add Recharge to be sure it’s getting the microbes, learned that from Emilya...Recharge is organic’s for idiots, all my plants were monsters.

You won’t be sorry. I did it on my 1st try and cut down on nute use dramatically. Best part is I’ll reuse it, add what was missing and it keeps getting better. Mixing teas is tricky. Requires a good pump and knowledge of microbes. I’ll still brew tea but also add Recharge to be sure it’s getting the microbes, learned that from Emilya...Recharge is organic’s for idiots, all my plants were monsters.
I have learned a poop load from @Emilya . I’m using organics for idiots’ cousin. URB which is pretty much the same thing. I’m going to reuse the soil from my last grow when I up pot these plants because they have @Vulx in them. The plants love that stuff if you haven’t used it.

I have learned a poop load from @Emilya . I’m using organics for idiots’ cousin. URB which is pretty much the same thing. I’m going to reuse the soil from my last grow when I up pot these plants because they have @Vulx in them. The plants love that stuff if you’ve haven’t used it.
I’m thinking about Vulx. Maybe help speed up slow organic growth? I don’t know about this time, my soil is pretty good, afraid to mess with it too much. I’m definitely a fan of Emilya, she’s been a lot of help to a lot of people here...

I’m thinking about Vulx. Maybe help speed up slow organic growth? I don’t know about this time, my soil is pretty good, afraid to mess with it too much. I’m definitely a fan of Emilya, she’s been a lot of help to a lot of people here...
I believe it does help speed up organic growth. It helps with root growth, water retention, and nutrient uptake. I need to order some more because I don’t have enough for all my plants. They’re website explains it better than I can. I can say I see a difference with it and I like it.

The 3x3 was getting a little crowded with 5 plants so I moved 4 plants into the 4x8. The canopy will be 55"L x 30"W. The lights are good for 3x3 coverage in flower so with 2 of them I should be good. I decided to move some things around. The FBK looks like the new growth is getting that weird look on the leaves so I moved it into the small tent and moved the FP into the 4x8 with the other plants. I doubt the FBK is going to see flower. I love these lights, but there isn't a percentage gauge on the dimmer so I am guessing how much power i'm using. I had to turn the lights down a little bit yesterday because the plants got tired and started their nightly droop about 3 hours early. I'll check them throughout the day to see if they need to be turned down more. Right now the lights are 28" above the plants which is within the recommended distance for veg and at about 25-30% power. There are 5 fans moving air around plus the 8" exhaust fan.

Veg Day 28

Left to Right C99, Gel, LH, FP
IMG-2114.jpg

Cinderella 99

This plant got watered today with a mixture of 1 Tbsp of Big Bloom and 1 tsp of Wholly Mackerel per gallon of water. Ph'd to 6.3.
IMG-2119.jpg

I removed everything below the top 2 nodes because I want the plant to focus everything in growing out the 4 main branches that will be tied down as they get long enough.

IMG-2120.jpg

Gelato

This plant is growing faster than the rest. I'm not sure what is with the weird fan leaf on the bottom there, but will keep an eye on that. Other than that she is a happy camper. This plant got 1 Tbsp of Big Bloom and 1 tsp of Wholly Mackerel per gallon of water 2 days ago. ph'd to 6.3.

IMG-2117.jpg

Removed the lower growth.

IMG-2118.jpg

Liberty Haze

This plant is in a close 2nd on growing. No issues to report at this time. This plant got 1 Tbsp of Big Bloom and 1 tsp of Wholly Mackerel per gallon of water ph'd to 6.3 two days ago.

IMG-2115.jpg

Removed lower growth

IMG-2116.jpg

Fat Purple

This plant got watered today. I upped the dose to 4 grams MC per gallon of water per the feeding schedule. So far so good with the MC on this plant.

IMG-2121.jpg

Removed lower growth

IMG-2122.jpg

Flowerbomb Kush

Two days ago this plant got top dressed with 1 Tbsp of Jump Start 3-4-3 dry nutes watering with 1 Tbsp of URB per gallon of water. As soon as I watered it the weird leafs showed up. We'll see what it does between now and the next watering. If it isn't any better I'm gonna toss it

IMG-2124.jpg

I stuck my head in to check on the plants and I noticed that the Gel and LH both looked thirsty. I picked the pots up and sure enough they were feather light. We're at 3 days for these two to drink up the pots. Once they do it within 24 hours I will up pot to 3 gallon pots.

Veg Day 29

IMG-2128.jpg

They are on the new week on the feeding schedule so I top dressed 1.5 Tbsp of the 6-4-5 All purpose and 1 Tbsp of the 1-12-0 Cavern Culture dry nutes. Watered it in with 1 Tbsp of URB. We'll see how the plants react

IMG-2126.jpg
IMG-2125.jpg

Back
Top Bottom