I just put watt meters on my QB’s to give me something to judge by.
I use a WiFi surge protector because I use that to turn the lights on and off. I found one that has energy monitoring so I’m going to order one.

It’s heat not light that causes problems
It's only 75F in the tent. I raised the lights because they were closer after putting the two plants in the 3 gallon pots. I checked the leaf temp and it was 75F also. Since I've raised the lights the leaf temp is now 73F. I remember reading somewhere that the leaf temp should be about 2 degrees cooler than the surrounding temp. Wonder if this is what was happening.

Possibly, I’ve always tried to get room temps up around 78 degrees. A little higher or lower has worked fine.
It'll go up when I turn the lights up. It will be 79 in there with both lights all the way up and the A/C in the room set to 72. Right now I have the A/C on 74. I'm getting spray foam insulation in my attic today and tomorrow. That should help with managing heat. We'll see once they are done.

Yea it crazy with bigger grows. Lol
It's mainly because I had all the trees in my yard cut down in May. My house gets zero shade now. Since then my a/c runs pretty much non-stop from sun up to sun down. The insulation will help dramatically with that. Plus it will give me a whole floor to turn into grow space if I want. I don't think I'll be able to fit my tents up there because of the roof clearance. I have a low pitch roof so I don't think they'll fit. I could possibly build a sealed grow space up there though. I plan to go up there and check it out a few days after they are done and take measurements to see what I can do up there.

I’m looking at Sohum water only soil. May get a small bag to try out on a couple of plants.
I just looked it up and now I want to try it. This is my problem, I can't stick with one grow/feeding method. I see something new and have to try it lol.

Veg Day 51

Transplanted the C99 and Fat Purple today into their 3 gallon final pots. Top dressed the C99 with 4 1/2 Tbsp of All purpose and watered it in with 1 Tbsp of Big Bloom, 1 tsp of Cal/Mag, 1 tsp of wholly mackerel, and 1/2 tsp of kelp me, kelp you in a gallon of water. Fat Purple got 13.5 grams, all ph'd to 6.3. I also removed some of the big fan leaves in the center that were blocking bud sites. All 4 plants are happy and healthy.

IMG-2175.jpg

Put the SCROG net over them. Always looks ugly when I first put it on. Right now I have the light at 30" above the canopy. Gonna let these fill the net up and the roots reach out to all that new soil!! Then the flip

IMG-2176.jpg

For those of you that have used MC. When it comes to using Bud Explosion PK with the Mega Crop. For a 3 gallon pot the calculator says that the plant should get 15 grams of MC and 3 grams of bud explosion for the first couple of weeks of flower. Do I add those together or do I supplement the Bud Explosion for the MC? Should I add 15 MC and 3 BE to equal 18 grams total or 12 MC and 3 BE to equal 15 grams total?

Back
Top Bottom