I’ve never used a dome on seedlings so kind of different for me.
I didn’t either my first year of growing. I initially got the dome for cloning and then I decided to use the propagator to start seeds because it gives me a space to have plants in for a couple weeks. I have a propagator, a 3x3, and a 4x8 that I try to keep a steady rotation in. I’m about to get my attic spray foamed. When I do, that may turn into a grow floor. I’ll probably make a journal for that also.

I gave them some water a few days ago and they are growing everyday. They all look happy and healthy. They will stay in the cups for about another week. Once I up pot them into their 1 gallon pots I will start the MC for the Fat Purple and the schedule of FoxFarm organic nutes for the rest. I’m going to move them out of the dome and into the 3x3 tomorrow to see how they handle it. I think they should be ok since they’ve grown and developed more roots.

Seedling Day 7

C825E28D-658C-4494-9FBE-AC10DABAEDA1.jpeg
B0D0F1A3-D4DF-4049-AEDC-EEB7C2BE93D8.jpeg

I had to go out of town for a few days. I gave them water before I left and they did fine. I’m going to leave them in the cups until they dry the cups out in 24-36 hours. Then I’ll up pot to 1 gallon pots and start the Fat Purple on the MC.

Veg Week 1 Day 6

76DF082F-580B-4C24-815B-56CFEF879CD0.jpeg
935355BA-2782-478E-94A5-C2142A8111F0.jpeg

I gave them their first top dressing of 1/2 tsp of Happy Frog 3-4-3 Jump Start dry organic nutes along with 2 Tbsp of Big Bloom and 1 tsp of Wholly Mackerel liquid organic nutes. I gave them the nutes yesterday and I watered until they all had run off. After I added the liquid nutes to the water I adjusted the ph to 6.3. I don't suspect it to take too long for these plants to dry these cups up. Once they dry them out in less than 48 hours I will up pot them to 1 gal fabric pots.

Veg Day 10

They are in 16oz solo cups so they are getting 1/2 tsp of the dry organic nutes.
IMG-2053.jpg

I just spread it out evenly across the top of the soil on all of the plants.

IMG-2054.jpg
IMG-2055.jpg

Then I just work it in to the top of soil with my finger. Because these plants are still young I didn't work it down as deep because I don't want to damage any roots right now. When they get up potted and have grown into the new pots I'll work top dressing into the top 1-2" of the soil.

IMG-2056.jpg
IMG-2057.jpg

Once it's worked in just water them as usual. I'll report back in a day or two to show how the plants react to the feeding.

The plants drank up the cups in less than 48 hours twice so I transplanted them into 1 gallon geo pots.

Veg Day 14

Here's a little bit of my transplant process:

Since I start them out in solo cups. When I get ready to up pot them I use an empty solo cup to pack the soil around in the new pot.
IMG-2060.jpg

Then once it's full I just pull the cup out and now I have the perfect sized hole for the root ball.
IMG-2061.jpg

Since I was by myself when I transplanted I couldn't get a picture of the root ball. Basically I just slowly work the cup off and then set the root ball right in the hole.

Then I watered them in. The 4 plants on the left all got the 2 Tbsp of Big Bloom and 1 tsp of Wholly Mackerel in a gallon of water ph'd at 6.35. I watered them around the original root ball and a couple inches outside of that to leave wet nutrient rich soil for the roots to chase outwards towards the sides. I watered them until runoff. The Fat Purple got 2 grams of MC to 1 gallon of water ph'd at 6.35 and I watered it the same way. I also lined out the old date and wrote the new one so I don't forget how long they've been in each pot. This is so I when I put them in there final pot I know when my two week mark is for flipping to flower.
IMG-2064.jpg

The Flowerbomb Kush has this weird coloring on the leaves and they just don't look right. This strain did this exact same thing the last time I grew it and the buds came out larfy/airy. I'm not going to waste my time and nutrients on that again. I must have gotten a bad batch of seeds of this strain. So I'm probably going to toss it unless someone has any idea what the problem is and if it can be fixed? @Emilya any ideas of what is going on here?
IMG-2065.jpg

it looks like an iron deficiency, being in the top growth like that. This can happen from being waterlogged too long or from being overfertilized. Manganese, Zinc, Copper and Phosphorus in excess will lock out iron according to Mulder's chart.

Thank you. I’m going to let them dry out really well and see if the iron uptake improves after that. I may have watered them too frequently while in the cups.

That leaf look can also be genetics. I have had strains that just grow funky looking leaves like that. Tough to say on small plants....if it continues throughout as she gets bigger then I might lean toward the genetics over a deficiency. if it goes away easily, its likely a deficiency or watering issue.

I went in the tent today to check on the plants. They all still have some weight to them and based off of that I'd say two more days or so. I'm going to wait until they start to droop before I give them any more water. The 4 organic plants will not get any nutrients on the next watering but I am going to add URB to the water to add to the microbes in the soil. As for the Fat Purple, it will get a dose of 2 grams of MC per gallon of water. I still have about 3/4 of a gallon with that mixture from the last watering. Does anyone know how long MC can sit and still be good?

Veg Day 17

Here are the plants as they appear in the photo
Top Left - Flowerbomb Kush(FBK)
Top Right - Gelato(Gel)
Bottom Left - Cinderella 99(C99)
Bottom Mid - Liberty Haze(LH)
Bottom Right - Fat Purple(FP)

All of the plants look happy and healthy except for the FBK. Hopefully letting the pot dry out all of the way will improve the iron uptake and the leaves will start looking normal again. We shall see for the FBK. The other 3 organic plants are happy with the FoxFarm nutes they've gotten so far. The FP is happy with the current dose of MC that it has gotten.

IMG-2078.jpg

I don't see any signs of the FBK getting any better or worse, but on a positive note I can tell that it is growing.

IMG-2080.jpg

That leaf look can also be genetics. I have had strains that just grow funky looking leaves like that. Tough to say on small plants....if it continues throughout as she gets bigger then I might lean toward the genetics over a deficiency. if it goes away easily, its likely a deficiency or watering issue.
I'm hoping it's a watering issue, but I did grow this strain before and it looked like this. When I harvested it the buds were very airy/larfy. If it doesn't improve over the next couple of weeks it will likely become compost.

Back
Top Bottom