Devil's Carnival: The Community Grow Experience

It’s reached that point where the fragrance of the blooms wafts across the floor after nights out, causing me to swoon a little. Lol!

I have them all together in the tiny closet. If they hermie they’ll only affect each other, and that would be a good thing.

Absolutely beautiful plants. Small but powerful yielders.

DC 1.6 is already in the bag drying low and slo. She was 39 grams wet. The last two DCs are coming down in two days. One more is in veg. We have to keep this line going.

Yep... they nanner every time. Lol! That doesn't concern me at all.

Another clone is in veg. It should be in flower by the time I head to California, so there'll be another cutting or two going by then. I have a couple friends who have developed a great fondness for the chemovar. One says it reminds him of Jamaica, and he can feel the island when he smokes it. For him alone I'd keep it going.

But I grow it for use in the topicals. It's possibly the strongest THC value in my garden, judging from the feedback. Carnival itself gets higher marks for preference, but the DC is stronger. I believe it has lots of b-caryophyllene in it, making it a good candidate for transdermal assistance for the cannabinoids.

It's become so popular I'll need to keep it in almost constant rotation. When I learn to make my own seeds this one and my Jamaican are the first ones to feel the change.

I personally prefer Carnival when I have it, but Devil's Carnival brownies come very close to the same effect my Carnival brownies offer. DC is more intense for me than Carnival.

You got some nice color out of her this round Sue! Nice!

Thank you Yeti. I think if I let the soil one go longer it might change into autumnal coloration, but that works best in the bedroom, where it gets cooler at night.

I was looking at her earlier thinking I could let her go just a wee bit longer. Carnival's the critical harvest before my travels, and only so the cobs'll be ready to cure. The DC in soil could probably go another couple weeks before I had to chop. Hmmm..... now you have me thinking more deeply about it. Lol!

When I grew the first in the line in ten gallons of soil I got an ounce dry. I just got the final wet weight on the last one in soil, DC 1.3. I cobbed the rest of the plant up today, a total of 23 grams of buds that've been hanging for two days.

Five gallons of soil might give me approximately 1/2 ounce dry.

I took a look at the hempy numbers, and they were 25 grams dry and 83 grams dry. The chemovar does better in hempy.

The next in line. :battingeyelashes:

I'm training her around the pot, and then the bud sites become a stand of colas.

Eventually she'll get back to the starting bend.

It's too popular to stop growing, whatever the yield, until I find a comparable replacement. Nothing I grow has her beauty. The buds are gorgeous and I'm enjoying growing it. It's vigorious, colorfully beautiful, and deliciously fragrant. I'll figure out how to get consistent high yields. :battingeyelashes:

Ooo...., way too long since someone's posted.

I won't have a clone of this line to take with me when I leave for NOLA, so this is the last one in the line. She's in a small pot, hempy, and creeping up on her harvest. She's been under 10/14 lighting to accelerate the harvests before the move. She's small but mighty. No nanners to be seen yet. She's left, front in the tent.

I was looking for some Carnival buds for the evening when this jar caught my eye and I couldn't pass up giving it a try.

The buds are finely cured, easy to disassemble calyx by swollen calyx. The buzz is surprisingly potent. Now, I've known all along it was potent, but it never hit me like this before. It's not as clear as the Carn buzz, but it's fun enough that I cleaned out the bong to give it a decent taste. I'll be smoking it for the rest of the evening. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks @Nismo12. :hug:

Man! Three hits and I'm happily stoned. Lol! Think I'll have another. :slide:

:popcorn:
Im running a trio of DC atm.
Pics coming.
fo real

Does this mean we shouldn’t leave posts here @Amadeus Forzin? We’re still actively working to stabilize the chemovar and a number are still in cultivation.

I have a post waiting in the wings. It’ll also be posted at Hempy Headquarters, but I’d like to have this thread running still, if that’s possible. :hug:

BrixNewb has two DCs running at the moment that deserve covering. The oldest was sprouted from the original seeds we got from Canna and Nis in Jamaica, and the second plant is a clone of that mother.

Both are in 5-gallon hempy pots, the mother being raised on New Millennium nutrients and the clone with Urban Farms Vegetable nutrients, to be upgraded to Texas Tomato Food for flowering.

First, the mother. She’s growing some interesting massive buds that reek of the berry one gets from the DDA side of the family, with a little burst of grape coming through now and then.

She’s the big girl on the right. :battingeyelashes:

F-R-O-S-T-Y, a hallmark of the chemovar. :blunt:

She still has about a month or so to go, at least that’s what I recall. Brix does grow them big. :laughtwo:

The young one is already pushing the boundaries.

Anyone else out there have a specimen to share? @Graytail, @dynamo1, any pictures you’d like to share to update the thread?

Brix has a beauty flying into her harvest window. :slide:

He reached into his box of chocolates and came up with a stunner! She’s almost as tall as me (I’m around 5’5”), with sweet, grapey-smelling buds the size of my fist! o_O

He didn’t clone her. When I asked he casually remarked, “No, I have more seeds.” :rofl: No telling what’ll pop next. Isn’t this fun? :laughtwo:

Jones..... :bravo: Frosty!!! You’re doing a marvelous job with her. Her buds look like the ones Brix has on his girl. They didn’t change to purple until this past week, but they started to go pinkish long before that.

Good luck with the race to ththe finish. :thumb:

I’m dropping off some shots of Brix’s. He has one about to come down and one just into the flowering tent.

Jones..... :bravo: Frosty!!! You’re doing a marvelous job with her. Her buds look like the ones Brix has on his girl. They didn’t change to purple until this past week, but they started to go pinkish long before that.

Good luck with the race to ththe finish. :thumb:

I’m dropping off some shots of Brix’s. He has one about to come down and one just into the flowering tent.

Oh my dam those are some beauties right there great job. Yea I lost my purple clone some how. Now I'm guna have to run a few of these DC beans I made. Well till I get a purple one then make some more beans with that one so then I can have some purple pheno beans and some green pheno beans depending on which one I feel like running at the time. Altho i admit ever since i got this strain it's not left my garden lol.

Also how many days in flower is that devil's carn plant?

Oh my dam those are some beauties right there great job. Yea I lost my purple clone some how. Now I'm guna have to run a few of these DC beans I made. Well till I get a purple one then make some more beans with that one so then I can have some purple pheno beans and some green pheno beans depending on which one I feel like running at the time. Altho i admit ever since i got this strain it's not left my garden lol.

Also how many days in flower is that devil's carn plant?
44 days in flower and she seems to be finishing up. Flushing her now.

44 days in flower and she seems to be finishing up. Flushing her now.

Yea mine are 47 days into flower 2day an they still got a decent amount of clear headed triches as of like 2 days ago so I'm guna let them go another week an see where things are at then.

Brix is taking his Amazon down tomorrow. @Graytail, you’ve grown more DC than the rest of us. Do you recall one that smelled like a lilac tree in bloom?

An amazingly beautiful plant to watch grow. Trimming her will be a breeze. The fans snapped off with no real resistance and her lanky node spacing gives you places to hold. Most of what’s left is covered in that delicious-smelling oil. :laughtwo:

I’m expecting well in excess of 4 oz. There’s nothing fluffy about those buds. :battingeyelashes:

Oooo. Floral? No. :cheesygrinsmiley:

All mine have been fruit and fuel. I know what you mean about the fans snapping off. :slide: That might also be because Brix brought it to harvest with such healthy turgor.

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom