DgC's Multistrain Hempy LED Grow 2012

:tokin: update :tokin:

K I picked up some supplys to adjust my ph cuz makin it to the hydro store with no car seems to be an issue.....(no shit).....lol

GEDC03972.JPG

Distilled 1 gallon $1.25
Glass meassuring cup $2.50

GEDC03982.JPG

Sulphuric Acid (battery acid) $10.28

GEDC04002.JPG

And if all goes well after finally being able to controll ph better want start the WW

GEDC03992.JPG

Thing got me kinda bumbed out is that they pop out of there seed shells almost a whole month now and there pretty small.....but again my error probably F*&%Ked them up they just been in survival mood for the most part....I dunno it is fustrating but nothing a few tokes wont take care of this will not be stoppin me just teachin me the hard way....

:tokin: PEACE :tokin:

Hey buddy,
I just read through your journal after seeing your post in mine. I definitely agree with your opinion that you fed too early. They have been trying to recover ever since it seems. I am no expert horticulturist and have no hempy grow experience but my advice to you would be to take the keepers, the white widows and the Kush, and put them into some mild dirt. You can turn them into mothers until you get the hempy thing down. Those jiffy peat plugs work great for germination. Up until this current run they were all I used for seeds.

The soil I would suggest if you go that route is Fox Farms Light Warrior. Very little nutrients and is already PH balanced. It is a little expensive but a 15 dollar bag should get you enough for all three of the keepers. If you do this do not skimp on the soil. Your hydro guy could probably point you in the direction of an equivalent seed starting soil. The key is that it is mild. No hot dirt, that way the kush can take to it from the hempy environment and the widows can take to it from the start. In 2 to four weeks if every thing goes well you should have no problem taking a few clones. Three to four weeks after that you should have no problem taking 20 clones, and the sky is the limit after that. A couple of 4foot florescent shop lights will be enough to grow your mothers to 3 feet tall if you need too and have the three months it will take to veg them that big.

Seedlings are very temperamental. I am not dissing on Hempy, I have seen this method produce great results and would try it myself if I was not restrained by plant counts. For it to work though, you need those strong cuttings. I am sure that it has been done, but I have not read of anyone starting a hempy with seeds. I would have to go back and look but I believe that 420fied used regular soil grown mothers to get the clones for his runs. It is just a really easy way to grow your mothers.
Just my two cents man, thanks for visiting my grow, and I am rooting for your girls.

sup Mr White thanks for the advice deffinately will try that although i never seen Fox farms ANYWHERE but a hydro shop so i dunno i know to stay away from MG and SHULTZ but will try to find something call in a favor or something...lol yea i dunno bout this hempy for seeds but whats done is done, plus money tight now (1st means rent) but will check what i can get soil is easier dunno what i was thinking....(hyped up) shoulda stuck with what i knew....but just a bumb in da road to ganja city :tokin:

:tokin:Update:tokin:

Again smoking always impairs what i meant to write here ang i give the short picture book entries.......its all the :blunt: ( i just said that)

Soo here it is...
end up getting some dirt at a nearby hardware store not big place and only thing that wasnt MG

GEDC0403.JPG

On top of that it was the only bag and the only store i had time to get as it was already afternoon me operating on 4:20 time and all....

GEDC0404.JPG

Said it had peatmoss, perlite, "watering agents", and something else but thats it

And the First Victim

GEDC0402.JPG

GEDC04051.JPG

GEDC04063.JPG

Now this next part i wash the roots but in the pictures the flow of water looks HUGE i would never washed the roots with that much force that being said.......

GEDC04081.JPG

GEDC04091.JPG

GEDC04102.JPG

GEDC04111.JPG

This is one that was not placed ina rockwool cube
GEDC04121.JPG

GEDC04151.JPG

out of the 2 seedlings heres one (the other i left for more learning)

GEDC04192.JPG

GEDC04181.JPG

GEDC04172.JPG

WOW Kinda buzzed right now but will try place these in order....

GEDC04242.JPG

GEDC04262.JPG

GEDC04221.JPG

GEDC0420.JPG

GEDC04211.JPG

This was yesterday but look beter tan photos already...so happy bout that but like i said the store only had one bag available. so i washed some perlite and made one 2liter hempy and one 2liter H-DWC for more testing and learning just until something come out nice and GREEN still got like 2 more to do thats till in cups any suggestions?

kinda high so dont mind me but thanks for stoppin by

:tokin::thanks::tokin:

Your soil looks very thick, you may want to consider mixing it with perlite, you want to allow the roots plenty of air. As don't forget hat you are in soil and your ph is different for thos plants. 6.8 is supposed to be maximum nute absorption for soil, but I generally feed mine around 6.5. Get your ph on the spot and give some half doses of your veg nutes to get the girls some nitrogen, and you will be sitting pretty by next weekend. Look at my first journal, I had very similar looking plant problems...

DgC's NOOB LED Grow 2012

:tokin:UPDATE:tokin:

sup ppls everything going ok but again still dealing with some issues.... my leaves on some plants have begin to turn upwards (folding in half the long way)

GEDC04012.JPG

GEDC04022.JPG

(and power kush)
GEDC04032.JPG

I been trying do some reading and seen it could be an Mg deficiency so gave them bout 3/4 of a teaspoon to a gallon of water then ph'd to 6.6 fed them last night all of them but the seedlings.....well today plants that were fine still are but the others that were in the picture folded even more

GEDC04042.JPG

GEDC04073.JPG

Some of the other plants
GEDC04053.JPG

GEDC04064.JPG

The hempy teachers (cuz im learning from trial&error with them)

GEDC04082.JPG

And the healthiest Greenest looking plant in all the garden

GEDC04093.JPG

GEDC04103.JPG

seen it can also be heat related and having fans directly on them cusing the leaf surface to dry faster than roots can keep up withlast few days heat has been between 70 and 77 degrees and RH 30% - 34% so i tried misting them some right before i took these pics any other suggestions i could try or anyone can better diagnose these if im incorrect....thanks guys....lots of stress throught this learning curve....lol

Girls are looking ok, but I woul double check your ph again and whatever method you use to get it. You my have burned them originally but that doesn't slow down growth exponentially like ph does. I juts recently found my meter was off by 2 whole points, and that is why some of my pants currently are drooping and folded like yours. I promise you if you have the right ph and they are on a good feeding schedule, then it becomes very hard to kill them...

thanks guys for all the input currently i cant seem to get the rh above 41% thats with the 2 jugs of water (cut off top 4 more surface area) and this little mood fountain that turns the water in to a mist/smoke so i been misting them with some h2o as well to see and the three with this isssue(3 of 12) have begun to slowly open back up.....as far as PH is concerned i use a digital ph pen but I wanted to troubleshoot and see if like u say might been ph issue so i recalibrated & retested for same results....also it is some cheapy $12 ph pen shipped from hong kong (through ebay) so dunno how effective it is but any time i use it before i work with my things i just run 2 random liquid ph test (water, soda, milk, ect) and double check it against the color dropper kit i got(also a cheappy) but makes me feel better when getting identical readings from more than one source. I use it more often now having some in soil and some in hempy for my soil i give them 6.5 - 6.7 and for the hempys i give them 5.4 - 5.7 they seem to be enjoying it, but the deff need some nutes now. I dont know how bad i messed up but its been bout 45 days since seed hatched there small as hell no branching only some got full leaves so just hoping when i get my shit right and start over and im 45 days after i see the cotyledon there bigger than this......at this point though it dont bother too much just getting excited to learn all this cuz i know what not to do next time and i know im getting closer to my goals of some good green sinsemilla:ganjamon:

also i tried germinating the white widow and jack herer by letting soak for 1 day and placing between wet napkins in ziplocks for 1 or 2 days (dont remember most likely 1) and white widow was only one to crack open with tap root jack just looked dark n dead (hope not) but placed them both in seed pellets and today i can see white widow coming out no shell cotyledon somewhat shut with the begining of ture leaves pinched in between(camera dead) so just hoping jack taking its time...... but remember that mold looking matter from the seedling i transplanted well it has progressed to the other leaf so now im wondering what it is or if its something that can spread to the other plants? heres the old pic of it that was posted already but will post new one but its same thing just worse.....

GEDC04092.JPG

:tokin: UPDATE :tokin:

Whats good 420Mag!!!
Long, long, time at least it felt so.....looking over this post man those plants look hurt no wonder I barley got any feedback....lol.....well unfortunately I took long time to finally get where I'm at. so first most those plants above were practice while i grew my purchased strains......

My jack herer didn't germinate (human error) and i was left with Power Kush(dinafem) and White Widow(G13Labs) along with my other bag Seed strains that i kept.

Chopped those all up Filled up my 420fied inspired 50site cloner and let that go for about 2-3 weeks. I Stood with the 2 Liter hempies in my giant 3x5x5 cardboard box but didn't have enough media to fill all the 47 Bottles i cut. So in the end I was able to keep about 22 2liter hempies.

I selected 3 bag seed clones, unfortunately only
2 WW (I took the clones not long after planting seed and root development was very very slow / human error) and
17PK.

i believe they received 1-2 weeks vegg after cloner and flowering was induced on the 22 of Oct.
(on side note i was slowed down by a thrip infestation as well)
So finally got cheap cam to try keep up here day 15 of 12/12 got some good looking lil buds developing definitely hard to stay focused hand watering after i smoke and I'm usually working against the clock so its bad but man are the pretty to look and before i know it i been 5-10 min stuck looking at the plant in front of me waiting for her water...lol.

Also i been looking at defoliation on the net but u know how info on the net is u gotta take it with a grain of salt....so to test i defoliated some for crowd control and light penetration and some other ones i trimmed fan leaves down w/out fully removing or removing 2-3 of the seven fingers and then i got rest untouched all are same strain under same conditions to compare but after i did it i then red that u should pull leaves after stretch being first time i should have found when stretch finish or at least let go longer but hey another mistake to learn from........hopefully now i can update more and hope that i can get some feedback and opinions........growing ADVANCE ds400 led (i think) and 3part BPN and finally the pics....

Power Kush

GEDC00074.JPG

GEDC00064.JPG

GEDC00227.JPG

1 thing i forgot to mention is I was doing 75/25 perlite/vermic and ran out so i continued 75/25 perlite/dirt

GEDC00195.JPG

This is a PK that I Trimed leaf fingers for better light penetration

GEDC00278.JPG

GEDC00288.JPG

These are ones i pulled leaves from

GEDC00099.JPG

GEDC00203.JPG

GEDC00012.JPG

GEDC00021.JPG

This a side by side of untouched and defoli

GEDC00055.JPG

Damn I'm Getting tired...lol.....ill finish my post later and take more pics i got more too but here is how crowded it is before chop.....(area in middle has plants too just watering at time)

GEDC00156.JPG

GEDC00167.JPG

sorry I always smoke after work and get tired all this writing uploading and organizing.....lol well i will update later today....Peace:nomo:

Back
Top Bottom