Diggler CK Photo Indoor LED - White Widow Durban Poison Cali OG Silver Haze

The side trellis was kind of a happy accident. I was stretching out the top trellis net starting at the back corners and after I hooked the front corners there were a few extra feet of net hanging down. I was about to cut it off and then thought "maybe I should just tie it down with some twisties to keep the branches in" and voila!

Hey Diggler, check this out...
I've been training my tops sideways to stay under the lights and the little buggers started stretching new buds off of the bent buds! Mind you I'm 3 days into flush and they're still stretching!?!

It doesn't look like much, but these new buds are 2-3" long

WOW! May want to run a SCROG net (maybe two) about half way up to support the long stalks and then train them sideways across it before they're into your lights. I have one stalk that I've been training in a circle (tying down, and then bending horizontally when it runs into a wall) because I'm out of room and the little bugger just keeps going.
Starting to think this WR pheno is a vine or something??

Not very dense nugs BUT SUUUPER potent medicine.
I made a batch of brownies off the trim/butter of one of the clones I sexed her with and what usually takes a 2"x3" brownie to get my insomniac wife to sleep through the night was too strong and she was groggy for 2 days. So now she only needs about a 1"x1" square and she'll sleep 10 hours easy. Also helps a lot for her back pain

Hello all. I am 4 weeks and 5 days into flower. So far everything looks pretty good except for one og kush/haze. It has been looking sick. I have removed most of the fan leaves because they were dying. I bought a ph meter and it has some issues and the local grow shop will have my new one ready tomorrow.
5 days ago, I did a flush on the sick og kush haze. She is still a little heavy from the flush so I will check tomorrow and see if she has dried more. The last three pictures are of her.

Here is the sick girl. The leaves just feel rough and crispy. Mainly on the top 8”. And I have removed a ton of fans.

If you have a scope, check some of the leaves top and underneath just to be sure you don't have any critters on there.
I was going through a similar thing with one of my white rhinos and found spider mites!
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check them out today. I can’t believe how much water it held after the flush. It is taking forever for the pot to dry out.

I have a weird batch of coco that stays wet for days and days on end. Really has me worried about root rot so I've been pointing a little fan at the base of the plant to try to air it out a little. After noticing this issue I've been mixing in lots of perlite until the next time I can pick up a different brand, etc.

I have a weird batch of coco that stays wet for days and days on end. Really has me worried about root rot so I've been pointing a little fan at the base of the plant to try to air it out a little. After noticing this issue I've been mixing in lots of perlite until the next time I can pick up a different brand, etc.
I am definitely going to mix in perlite on my next grow. I actually have 1/2 a bag and I completely forgot to incorporate it into the soil. It really does an awesome job with air and drainage

if you have the option, I splurged on the chunky kind and it's AWESOME.
Mind you it comes in a giant 4 CF bag that costs about $50, but unlike the small stuff it goes a long way. Experimenting with it now making hempy buckets for my outdoor tomatoes that need constant watering. Otherwise I mix at least 1/3 chunky perlite with 2/3 coco and try to add a few cups of worm castings to the mix (never hurts). Just dump it all in a big plastic tub, toss it by hand, fill my pots over the tub, and then pop the lid back on and it's ready for next time.
Then say like last night I'm out in the garage having a night-night toke and peeked at my clones..."this one's ready" so I popped the lid open, grabbed a little pot off the shelf, scoop, ploop and done. Just transplanted a clone in seconds!

The perlite in the large bags is coarse-ground. It still is dusty when you work with it, so wear a dust mask. It is ground much courser than what you get in the small bags and aerates the soil much better. Some brands even state "course" on the bag. I think I paid around $35 at Lowes for mine, and I live in Alaska. So you might be able to get it cheaper.

I plant in 3 gallon trash bins, and I fill the bottom 25% with straight perlite and the rest of my soil mix contains 30% - 50% perlite. Good drainage is essential to prevent root rot.

Back
Top Bottom