I've read a few different thing when it comes to scrogging. Some say do 3/4 of your scrogg amd flip, Others say fill your scrogg complet and add 4 to 6 inch above the net before flipping...

im well not too sure which. I don't want to be chopping branches out if they start beating their way out the net. But I want a bursting tent..

Too many buds populating closely together means less yields.. but if I don't have a bud say every 3-4 square inch then im wasting my space lmao..

Maybe a few experienced scroggers might join the club... let me know how they get on. Untill then I'll just comb a few extra journals.
Thats the great thing about growing......you are the one in charge of your grow and you can try all the methods and pick the one that works best for your situation. So many times I see people giving others advice of "oh you should do it this way or that way". Well many times there reasons (often times mentioned earlier on in the journals) given why that method just isn't the best for them in their situation.

My recommendation is always the same, experiment when you are curious or have ideas. Only caveat I say is don't go crazy experimenting if you absolutely need the meds. Go with what you know for sure when you need the sure yield....but shit brother this is supposed to be fun. Don't paint yourself into a corner of how you should or shouldn't grow.

Anyhow, your girls look good from my chair. Keep doing what you're doing and keep having fun brother.

Man, look at you, a legit grower now. I figured you would have bought some Fluence lights or an HLG600 as an upgrade by this point, you’ll yield tons under that.

Fluence lights are amazing. I have grown under the Spydrx Plus for about 2 years now and I bought their Razr for seedlings and clones and that thing is amazing as well ( 91 watts covers an the entire 27"x 55" early veg tent ). The Fluence lights pay for themselves relatively quickly in terms of more efficient use of energy, amazing coverage which will increase your yields (mine almost doubled) and the quality is amazing. Lots of great lights out there, but Fluence is definitely at the top......but they ain't cheap!

Fluence lights are amazing. I have grown under the Spydrx Plus for about 2 years now and I bought their Razr for seedlings and clones and that thing is amazing as well ( 91 watts covers an the entire 27"x 55" early veg tent ). The Fluence lights pay for themselves relatively quickly in terms of more efficient use of energy, amazing coverage which will increase your yields (mine almost doubled) and the quality is amazing. Lots of great lights out there, but Fluence is definitely at the top......but they ain't cheap!

Yep. I’m rocking (2) Spydr2x in a 4x8. I was looking into getting a Razr or the Vypr for a closet that I keep seedlings and clones in, as it’s 28x72.

Yeah you can't run the Razr in a traditional 2x4. But I have a 2x4 that is actually 27" x 55" so it actually fits it perfectly. Love having 9 square feet of grow space that is covered so efficiently by 91 watts. Plus the fact you can grow with them so close to the canopy, I have made my seedling/clone area a two story operation. I have the Razr up high and I cut a piece of plywood to size of the tent and threw it on 4 of the ratchet straps and raised it up. Then I mounted a couple 24 watt strip LEDS on the underneath of the plywood to double my space. When running at full capacity I have about 18 square feet of space that is covered by roughly 140 watts.

I was running the Spydrx Plus on a light mover but didn't really get the same quality denseness on the buds. Gonna run it on a much shorter run on my next flower cycle....maybe a 1-2 foot run on the mover in hopes of getting as dense as it was when it was stationary. Do you run yours on the dimmers?

hey guys.. hope your all good

to start @Van Stank your more then right. you have to do what feels right for you.. i have my ups and downs but in here trying to figure it out like the rest of us lmao..

what are fluence lights. they seperate to leds and quantums?

im enjoying the light setup inhave so far.. i think i have all the spectrums covered with appropriate kickers for veg and bloom now. i could easily triple my grow space ( if ibhad the space) if i wanted too.

im in it for the meds. i want to produce enough so i can check some of these press machines out ect..

i deffo want to move away from the smoke and into the consumable way of life...

ahhh the future is near lmao.

@Kongfuzi you nees to update your journal brother.. let me see the closet grow lmao...

any way enough of this.. update time

ive had to defol.. boy the girls were bushy.. we are nearly end of 2nd week flower.. and fuck they are bushy..

it was a struggle getting in there the nodes are so tight together.. but we got them cut back. and scrogged tighter.

they are drinking nearly 5l of juice a day.. going hard at my nutes so i might swap to water then nute mix every other feed...

it will always have nutes though. my new phone still hasnt arrived so il try snap a photo with the other halfs phone and get a few uploaded..

i need to get some new seeds ordered and sprouted som pojnt in the next week or so or ill have a empty tent for a week or too.

They are pretty much top of the line LEDs. The QBs use the same technology that Fluence uses. They really were ahead of their times in terms of coverage and efficiencies and as the other companies catch up with their technology, Fluence keeps improving theirs.

I am saving up to pick up another of their lights. Not cheap but again they tend to pay for themselves relatively quickly in terms of yield. I was pulling about a pound from my cheaper LEDs in a 4x4 in organic soil with no nutes, water only. With the Fluence Spydrx, that number jumped up to about 2 lbs in the same space while drawing about the same power. And the heat produced by the Fluence light is much lower than other lights which speaks to the efficiency.

You can buy a separate dimmer than you can use to control the light intensity if you use it to veg in. Turn it down real low when they are babies and gradually increase it until you are flowering. There are other lights with similar quality like the Next lights, but I prefer the Fluence. In the rare case that you have a diode go out or worse yet, an entire arm goes out....your whole light doesn't have to go back to them to be fixed. You can simply disconnect the arm that is malfunctioning and send it in while you still use the rest of the light. So you aren't stuck using a light at less than 100% for an entire grow while you wait for it to finish so you can get the light fixed. Its just a great design, with unmatched coverage and performance. Oh and you can run it literally on top of the canopy. I have run my plants as close as 3" above the canopy (recommendation is 6") and I saw no ill effects .

IMG-20190910-WA0011.jpg
canopy growing
IMG-20190910-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190910-WA0001.jpg

so here we have it folks a few photos lmao

Attachments

• IMG-20190910-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190910-WA0002.jpg
    726.6 KB · Views: 54
i cnt lie to you kong.. the girls absolutly love a heavy defol lmao... .. they have already perked right up.

ive lifted the lid and topped up the res again. they are drinking hard....

when i lift the l
IMG-20190913-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190913-WA0000.jpg
id i have to lift the net aswell.. which allows me to move it all about tighten it down and not have my plant twisted amongst it..

also pistils are starting to become visable so we are well on our way now..

i flipped 2weeks ago. ive got another few days of stretch and thats it.. im still tucking as they stretch out but il stop that next week.

the flowers are starting to show now so thw show is on.

its not that i dont want them too stank..i have to be able to lift my net if im to add my water and nutes. if i let them grow too far through before its to late ill never get that net up lmao.

ive tries to get them as flat and wide as i can.

i knownwhere in going to change thinga next time round though. ita really clustered in there... i need to mainline 2 big branches and pull off them so i can neatwn these branches and get some sepwration. .. i think i have a few too many in one place.. but ive done well to spread them. next time ill try and have a 2 branch system in my head.. not 6 lmao

IMG-20190916-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190916-WA0000.jpg

look at these buds forming though. cnt wait now. only 6 weeks too go....

You have a nice shape going on those 2

thankyou mushie... i thought for a whilenit was going to be a bit cluster bombed with bud sites.. hell it was a heck of a bush an hour or so ago..

but not for llong.. 7 days since our last defol end we are pretty much at the end of week 3...

so @Kongfuzi look away now pal, i know you dont like it buddy....

ive fully lollipopped and took the final defol.. personally inthink i cpuld have nipped the smaller fan leaves too but kong dont like it ffs.

seriously thofh as soon as i took all the filth well.... let me show you what i saw.

IMG-20190917-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0001.jpg

its enough to make your fanny flutter isnt it..?!?! lmao..

its been a solid 3 days since we checked in.. the girls look like they have recovered from the lollipop/defol.

the buds are already getting thick. we arnt even into our 4thweek of flower its around 22days since flip... all the buds are lookig up and most have some decent space. not too tight together which was my worry. i also wish my 3rd plant survived now as we deffo have enough space for 3 ..

the branches are getting evan mightier and thicker ready to pump juice tonthose nuggs..

theres been some new growth pop from below my canopy line.. im wondering wether to clip it or leave it.. im not to sure its probably wasted down there.

IMG-20190920-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0012.jpg

thanks @Van Stank i have tried to to my best with her and im well happy how she has formed. i wanted to have more verticle growth thru each square but i had been vegging for 3months nearly lmao.. i couldny wait any longer... i wanted my girls to give me some fruits.

ive just been in and toppes the res up again and bumped the h202 and c02. amd the p.h is 6.3.

the buds are filling in thick and fast gettig chunkier by the minute.

like i say im buzzing woth how shes turningnout..

i dont know what weight these nuggs will be but i hope they are at least 5g each dry lmao... thatll give me a good few ounce but who knows.. it may be popcorn
IMG-20190922-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190922-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190922-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190922-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190922-WA0005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom