DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

Hi Mr. Krip - Nice breakfast recipe. ;)

2 things: Thing one, where did you get the pollen press, and do you like it well? I have lots of kief, but haven't figured out what to do with it yet... Can I just press it together into little pucks like that and then smoke it like hash? Or does it have to be heated, too? Sorry, but I'm ignorant about kief presses, etc. I usually mix it in with my cooking, but that's probably wasteful.

Second thing - I hope it's okay, but I nominated you for Member of the Month. There are so many great growers here, but I couldn't think of anybody more deserving. I see how patient you are in helping others, and how much you put into those efforts. You need a little recognition for those efforts!

X

...I nominated you for Member of the Month. There are so many great growers here, but I couldn't think of anybody more deserving. I see how patient you are in helping others, and how much you put into those efforts. You need a little recognition for those efforts!

X

I second that motion. Krip's got my vote! :goodluck:

Hi Mr. Krip - Nice breakfast recipe. ;)

2 things: Thing one, where did you get the pollen press, and do you like it well? I have lots of kief, but haven't figured out what to do with it yet... Can I just press it together into little pucks like that and then smoke it like hash? Or does it have to be heated, too? Sorry, but I'm ignorant about kief presses, etc. I usually mix it in with my cooking, but that's probably wasteful.

Second thing - I hope it's okay, but I nominated you for Member of the Month. There are so many great growers here, but I couldn't think of anybody more deserving. I see how patient you are in helping others, and how much you put into those efforts. You need a little recognition for those efforts!

X

XLR8, thanks so much for the MOTM nomination! It's greatly appreciated and an honor to be nominated by someone I truly respect! :thanks:

I picked up the pollen press on eBay. Yes, you can press it into various size "pucks" and smoke it like that, although, I usually cut off some "chunks" with a small knife and smoke it one chunk at a time, in a bowl, under glass, or however you like your hash.

No heat is needed. When made commercially, they use a hydrolic press (usually with a stamp to put a pattern in the block) and this is the same concept, except, instead of hydraulics, you're just tightening some screws.

There are many other ways to make hash from kief that do involve some level of heat. Several of the methods involve tightly wrapping (no air) the kief in celophane (like the bottom of the cigarette pack) and then taping the pack closed.

From there, I've seen people just put the pack in the bottom of their shoe and walk around with it for the day. Or, you can wrap the celophane in a couple layers of newspaper and dunk in boiling water for a few minutes, then add pressure. I've even seen people who'll heat up a knife of metal spatula and use the hot spatula to compress the kief package.

If you're interested, a few searches on YouTube will reveal a whole bunch of innovative ways to make your own hash! :)

MANY thanks, again, for the MOTM nomination! :thanks:

BTW...here's an example of how one guy makes his hash. He wraps his kief in a plastic bag, dunks in hot water & uses a book to apply pressure. The concept is the same for the other wrap/heat/pressure methods.

NOTE: You need to be careful using plastic instead of celphane, because the plasic can melt under the heat!

how to make hash - YouTube

Great info on making hash Mr K.! Thanks for that!. Congratulations on your 100th journal page, and a bigger congratulations on your nom for MotM...You'll have my vote....

Great info on making hash Mr K.! Thanks for that!. Congratulations on your 100th journal page, and a bigger congratulations on your nom for MotM...You'll have my vote....

Thanks, Quix! I didn't even realize I hit 100 pages already. I was intending on making this a perpetual journal, but I hate to make any newcomers have to read through a whole 100+ pages just to get to the current grrow! :)

I appreciate your support for MOTM, but most of all I appreciate all the friendship & comradery from everyone here, so I've really already won! :)

:thanks:

QUICK PIC UPDATE

Welcome to the weekend everyone! :yahoo:

I have the res changes planned for tomorrow, so will probably do a more complete update then, but some things happening I thought I'd share.

First is that those f'ing STG starter cubes have struck again! :thedoubletake:

Earlier this week, I noticed the two clones I took a couple of weeks ago looking wilted and yellow. I had hoped they were just focusing on developing roots, but within a couple of days, it was clear they weren't going to make it.

I had NO problems rooting any of the clones in rockwool, so I'm now convinced that, as much as I like some of the other STG products, I will NEVER again use their starter cubes for starting clones or seeds. On my next grow, I'll just break up the cubes and mix them with the STG Hail grow medium I'm using in the waterfarms.

So, yesterday, I started soaking some rockwool and planned on taking another couple of PE clones this morning.

I was all set to take the clones when, suddenly, the couple hits I had taken a few minutes before of a bud from the last PE harvest started kicking in! :grinjoint:

Then, I started thinking :hmmmm: (oh, oh!)....

I just harvested 2 oz. of PE and I'm hoping to harvest another 4 oz. of PE in 8 weeks or so....maybe I should start something besides a PE?? :idea:

So, I only took ONE PE clone from the bonsai mom, then I broke into my small, but existant, seed stash and pulled out a freebie I had gotten from my last order of Kannabia Power Skunk:

DSCN03662.JPG

DSCN03673.JPG

Here's the info on the Power Skunk:

The Top 10 varieties of superclassics are represented by this variety, which has given its name to the marijuana plant in many countries. The name Skunk refers to the extremely strong smell that it gives off (both when flowering and when smoked). A classic plant that was originally created in Holland and is now probably the best-known of all marihuana varieties. It was the first sinsemilla variety, and also the first stabilised hybrid developed for indoor growing.

Skunk # 1 originated in California’s Bay Area in the 1970s. The original Skunk hybrids were a cross between 25% Afghan, 25% Acapulco Gold and 50% Colombian Gold. After countless generations of intensive selection and re-crossing, the best Skunk plants were stabilised into the first genetically pure indica-sativa hybrid: Skunk #1. Owing to the strength of this Cannabis variety, “skunk” is often used to refer to any kind of strong marihuana. Skunk # 1 is considered as a benchmark for a reliable, uniform performance, and its genotype has had a huge influence on many modern hybrids.

To stabilise it and acclimatise it to our local conditions, we crossed this Skunk plant with our own Black Domina — a plant that gives it a higher yield and stabilises the end of the flowering cycle at eight weeks. Although this is the fastest variety we have yet done, some very indica-rich phenotypes may even finish and ripen fully in only seven weeks. This plant’s background is really quite special. The most indica part can be seen in the density of buds and the fat, broad, dark-green leaves. Its growth while flowering is self-evident after only a few days.

This stage is when the vigour of the hybrid really comes into its own. Excellent results with drain-to-waste drip-watering systems. Fat, compact buds with a large number of trichomes.

Even though it’s a short plant, it’s very tall for a Skunk, although outdoors it may tend to grow “bushy” and occupy many square metres. By planting later (mid-to-late April) the results will be shorter in height but with an equally good yield. It has large pistils that form gorgeous calyxes filled with trichomes and forming large buds.

A very high-yield plant both indoors and outdoors, reaching up to 350 grams per plant or 450 grams per square metre indoors.

It conserves the typical Skunk flavour with shades of tangy fruit. A plant that combines super-high yield with ease of growth, even for non-experts.

ps4.jpg

(THC=16%)

Here's a few pics from the flower after the first week of 12/12. Pistils are startig to pop (although, not really pictured below, yet), so I'm gonna consider this day #1 of flower:

DSCN03683.JPG

DSCN03705.JPG

DSCN03734.JPG

DSCN03746.JPG

DSCN03762.JPG

Those leds make for pretty pics. Your gonna like the powerskunk. Grows dense and mine smelled fruity with no skunk smell.
Its a heavy yeilder and the bud is prime. Hope you don't mine me showin ya some pics of my powerskunk from Kannabia seed stock. It was a great freebie.

powerskunk4_day_60_flower.JPG

powerskunk0_day_60_flower.JPG

powerskunk_nugs_026.JPG

I grew this freebie along with bigband and special and taste and high was best with the powerskunk.
I really love these high tech led grow ops, hope you don't mine me sharing but I like your journal and wanted to contribute.
My plant was grown in ebb at low ppm levels between 600 to 850ppm because it was part of a bigger grow test but you should have no problem going up to 1000ppm. Anything above 1000 I am not sure because stretch was minimal and it did very well with the light feeding I gave her.
Good luck, I'll check in at a later date.

Those leds make for pretty pics. Your gonna like the powerskunk. Grows dense and mine smelled fruity with no skunk smell.
Its a heavy yeilder and the bud is prime. Hope you don't mine me showin ya some pics of my powerskunk from Kannabia seed stock. It was a great freebie.

powerskunk4_day_60_flower.JPG

powerskunk0_day_60_flower.JPG

powerskunk_nugs_026.JPG

I grew this freebie along with bigband and special and taste and high was best with the powerskunk.
I really love these high tech led grow ops, hope you don't mine me sharing but I like your journal and wanted to contribute.
My plant was grown in ebb at low ppm levels between 600 to 850ppm because it was part of a bigger grow test but you should have no problem going up to 1000ppm. Anything above 1000 I am not sure because stretch was minimal and it did very well with the light feeding I gave her.
Good luck, I'll check in at a later date.

Mr. Smith, thank you for sharing that, and please feel free to post your thoughts and your pics here anytime - BOTH are welcome! :)

It sounds like we both ordered from Attitude at the same time, since I received the same three freebies when I ordered the Pineapple Express and Lucy seeds - Big Band, Special & Power Skunk. The Kannabia Special freebie was among the early victims to the STG cubes along with a couple PE's and Lucy's. I wanted to save the one Lucy I have left, so it sounds like I picked the right one to germinate! :yummy:

You did bad with STG? I use STG or hydrotron and haven't notice a difference in growth but your not the first person I have heard that didn't do well with that medium. What went wrong? The STG I use is made for the ebbngro multibuckets.
I have a bunch of confidential cheese(15seed), dinafem, g13, and thseeds freebies now along with a few others (I don't remember what they are.) It was the freebies that sold me to the company and I am very happy with them. I am fully stock now with some very good seed by some very good breeders.

You did bad with STG? I use STG or hydrotron and haven't notice a difference in growth but your not the first person I have heard that didn't do well with that medium. What went wrong? The STG I use is made for the ebbngro multibuckets.
I have a bunch of confidential cheese(15seed), dinafem, g13, and thseeds freebies now along with a few others (I don't remember what they are.) It was the freebies that sold me to the company and I am very happy with them. I am fully stock now with some very good seed by some very good breeders.

I use the STG hail in place of hydroton and have had good success with it. It's just their starter cubes that I've yet to have ANY real success with, despite multiple attempts at BOTH clones and seeds.

BTW...I'm told, but I've yet to try it, that if you use promo code#420 with Attitude, you get a discount.

I use it every single time.
Never use stg to start seed, I'm a big fan of those rapid rooters and those lil dry pucks you can get at walmart or the hardware store.

Rapid rooters work really well for me - very good success with them. :thumb:

I use it every single time.
Never use stg to start seed, I'm a big fan of those rapid rooters and those lil dry pucks you can get at walmart or the hardware store.

Rapid rooters work really well for me - very good success with them. :thumb:

Yeah, I've heard good things about the Rapid Rooters and will likely move to them when I run out of Rockwool, which so far, has been working fine. But, I had started with the STG cubes, and since they didn't work for germing seeds, I was hoping they would do better on clones. They don't!

Damn, I should have warned you! ;)

JCool, don't worry, Bro! You DID warn me! It was probably in one of the very first posts in my first journal, you had said you had trouble with them, but, I had to find out for myself. I tried germins seeds like 3 different ways with those things, and all that happened was they killed/stunted 4-5 potential quality plants.

Like I said, I just had to see if they'd do any better on clones, but I moved off of them for germing seeds a long time ago! :)

I think the next time I take clones, I'm gonna fire up the DIY bubble cloner I made.

Back
Top Bottom