DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

QUICK UPDATE

The rest of the PE mom has been harvested and jarred. Total dry weight is just over 2 oz. at 57.7 g. I'll update with smoke report in a couple of weeks, but it smells great and can't wait till it cures! :grinjoint:

Congrats on the Harvest!!!! :bravo: i would prolly be harvestin rite now aswell if they didn't turn into males, and the way they were lookin i would of prolly had somethin nice, but ohwell shit happens, onto the next one..

QUICK UPDATE

The rest of the PE mom has been harvested and jarred. Total dry weight is just over 2 oz. at 57.7 g. I'll update with smoke report in a couple of weeks, but it smells great and can't wait till it cures! :grinjoint:

Wait??? :rofl:
I've the willpower of a moth trying to keep away from that 1000 watt lam--Zap! *sizzle*

Congrats on the Harvest!!!! :bravo: i would prolly be harvestin rite now aswell if they didn't turn into males, and the way they were lookin i would of prolly had somethin nice, but ohwell shit happens, onto the next one..

Thanks, Suka....you'll be harvesting soon enough, Bro...just seems like a long time when you're starting seeds (or finishing a sativa! :rofl:). We're all pulling for ya'! :high-five:

Wait??? :rofl:
I've the willpower of a moth trying to keep away from that 1000 watt lam--Zap! *sizzle*

Endive...you need to read a little closer! I said, "I CAN'T wait till it cures..."

...So, last night I vaped a small bud. :grinjoint:

It was still a little too wet to break up fully, but good enough to vape...:bong:

A lot of the strong smell seems to have dissipated in the jars again, and I really hope it comes back because it's fantastic!

Once the bud is broken up, though, that smell comes right back, but instead of a pineapple/diesel, it's more of a pineapple/pine now.

I was impressed at how well it vapes with almost no cure! Nice and smoothe already (probably the full two-week flush plus the Clearex!) and it's definately improved over the last sample.

On the inhale, you get the slight tast of the pine, but on exhale you can really taste the pineapple.

After two drags off the vape, I was ready to put it down. Not totally wasted, just feeling incredibly good and comfortable, and it's definately that full indica body high with a strong head-numbing effect.

The reports I had read of this strain was that it had much better bag appeal than effect (reported at only 15% THC while many strains run 20+%) but, IMHO, so far this is turning out to be a top-notch smoke! :grinjoint:

I'll still give a final smoke report after the cure, but even with my small harvest, I'm tempted to cure some of this for a couple of months just to see how good it gets.

I did separate the buds into two jars, one with all the "primo" buds, so that jar may stay sealed for a while, IF I can wait, which as you pointed out and I've already demonstrated...zap *sizzle*! :)

REAL QUICK PIC UPDATE

Not much has changed, so not too much to report. The girls in veg are growing like crazy and I've been pruning fan leaves every couple of days just to keep light on all the bud sites that have developed from the LST'ing.

Here they are before today's pruning:

DSCN02993.JPG

Here's the Bonsai mom, who is showing a little bit of nute burn...I think I need to lower PPM's on her even more right after a root pruning:

DSCN03013.JPG

And, here are the first two clones from the Bonsai mom that I took on Saturday. So far, so good:

DSCN03006.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Hi Mr. Krip. ;)

Liked the mini additional smoke test. I hope your strong enough to resist smoking that girl for a month or longer cure. Will power, my man! :)

The new girls are looking good. The clones are really looking good for so short of a time. As usual, all the best to you. :Namaste:

Hi Mr. Krip. ;)

Liked the mini additional smoke test. I hope your strong enough to resist smoking that girl for a month or longer cure. Will power, my man! :)

The new girls are looking good. The clones are really looking good for so short of a time. As usual, all the best to you. :Namaste:

Thanks, OMM...I'm gonna do my best to let the "primo" buds cure for at least a month.

In the mean time, I couldn't resist playing with the new camera tonight, so I snuck another one of the small PE buds (don't tell anyone!) so I could show you all what the buds are looking like now that they're dry:

b135.jpg

The nugs, for the first time, are nice & dense, so my mind is definately at ease regarding using the LED in flower - I just need to keep it much closer than I was. :)

What was you final distance to the top of the canopy for this grow? My next grow I'll be doing ta test on the height above with a pair of Advanced 360s. I'm doing 18 inches on one and 24 on the other to see what the best yield/quality will be. So I am gathering what ever information I can to add to the data-bank.

I just ordered 3 of those hygrometers that you sent the link for. Can they be calibrated? I will put them all in the same jar at first to make sure they're reading the same before I use them.

Thanks for the tip, this will take the guess work out of drying/curing.

I just ordered 3 of those hygrometers that you sent the link for. Thanks for the tip, this will take the guess work out of drying/curing.

I just have to post a quick "me too" on this one. Krip pointed me to those last week when we were discussing dry/cure techniques. I already had a digital hygrometer that I had bought for my cigar humidor (yes they have applications other than curing MJ!) Being able to check the status of the RH with a quick glimpse through the glass is easy and provides the peace of mind that the buds are happy while this invisible curing process ocurrs.

What was you final distance to the top of the canopy for this grow? My next grow I'll be doing ta test on the height above with a pair of Advanced 360s. I'm doing 18 inches on one and 24 on the other to see what the best yield/quality will be. So I am gathering what ever information I can to add to the data-bank.

Steve, the LH 180w LED I'm using is recommended at 8-14" above the canopy. The first round, I had two plants in flower at once and I had the light probably about 14" or so from the TOP. I did this so the light spread out more (at least, that was my thinking at the time!). But, this put the majority of the buds much more than 14" below the light.

So, this last round, when I only had one plant in flower, I put the light about 6-8" from the top, which then put the majority of the buds within the 14" range.

Even though the one plant essentially took up the entire cab, I found the angle on the LEDs was sufficient to cover the whole 2'x2' footprint, even at the closer distance.

So, this next grow I'll have two in flower again and will try to keep the light about the same 6-8" above the canopy top.

I just ordered 3 of those hygrometers that you sent the link for. Can they be calibrated? I will put them all in the same jar at first to make sure they're reading the same before I use them.

Thanks for the tip, this will take the guess work out of drying/curing.

I just have to post a quick "me too" on this one. Krip pointed me to those last week when we were discussing dry/cure techniques. I already had a digital hygrometer that I had bought for my cigar humidor (yes they have applications other than curing MJ!) Being able to check the status of the RH with a quick glimpse through the glass is easy and provides the peace of mind that the buds are happy while this invisible curing process ocurrs.

Glad I could help, Bro's - especially the two of you who've helped me so much along the way! :thanks:

The hygrometers can't be calibrated (that I know of) but they're cheap enough to buy a bunch and replace as needed.

WEEKEND PIC UPDATE - THE PERPETUAL CONTINUES...

Last night, I filled up the 5 gallon water bottle I use to prepare the res water some tap water and a few Tbsp's of H2O2 and let it sit overnight so the chlorine could dissipate. I also vacuumed the flower chamber and wiped it down with Clorox to make sure it was a fairly sterile environment again.

This morning, I did the res changes and moved the two PE's into flower.

Before I show them, let's take a quick look at the veg side, which is about as empty as it's been since I built it!

Only the two Bonsais and the two clones I took last Saturday are left:

DSCN03102.JPG

This is the Bonsai Mom I'm really trying to maintain. She's in the slightly larger 16oz. mini-hempy:

DSCN03122.JPG

Here's the extra clone I haven't been able to find a home for yet, so been keeping her as a Bonsai, too, for practice and/or until someone takes her, or I need the room again and toss her. She's still in her original 12oz. hempy cup:

DSCN03112.JPG

The two clones look like they'll be showing roots in the next couple of days. They haven't wilted and I've had the humidity dome off of them for the last few days:

DSCN03133.JPG

When I did the res changes on the waterfarm PE's going into flower, I wanted to check on their roots again and they all look great considering they were both transplanted from the hempys just a couple of weeks ago:

Here's the one that started with an airstone in the res:

DSCN03053.JPG

And, here's the one that went the first week without the airstone, then got one a week later:

DSCN03064.JPG

And, now that I've got some girls back under LED, the trippy pics can start again! :yahoo:

DSCN03074.JPG

I should point out that I'm really loving the combination of LST and then pruning in veg to open up light to the additional bud sites. By using this technique, along with supercropping just a couple of branches along the way, I've been able to keep a nice, even canopy while maximizing bud sites and really filling in all the available space:

DSCN03082.JPG

DSCN03095.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

WEEKEND PIC UPDATE - THE PERPETUAL CONTINUES...

This morning, I did the res changes and moved the two PE's into flower.

The two clones look like they'll be showing roots in the next couple of days. They haven't wilted and I've had the humidity dome off of them for the last few days:

Looks awesome Krip. What is the flowering time for the PE based on your experience?

Looks awesome Krip. What is the flowering time for the PE based on your experience?

JCool, the last one went 9 weeks in flower. You can see by how yellow she was at the end, I probably could have chopped her at 8, but the trichs really started to turn in the last week.

Details on her schedule are in this post

Lookin great Mr K.!
I agree with you on the LST, its proving to be very beneficial to me, as I'm in a VERY small space as well. I'm not too big on defoliation, but supercropping is my new favorite technique. All the tops I've super cropped, have continued to be the largest, and almost seem to like the bending.

Back
Top Bottom