Do growers use pesticides organic or not?

I just hang fly ribbon and those yellow rectangular sticky things. Guess I've been lucky, I've only had to deal with fruit fly's an house flies. If I could eat cold banners I could probably eliminate the fruit flies by putting the banners in the fridge

Whaddup Wrecked??

Neem oil comes from Neem seed meal… I’m reliably informed Neem trees are plant based ;)
Spinosad is an isolate processed from sugar cane
Safers Soap is potassium salts of fatty acids… whatever that is…
Pyretherin is made from crushed chrysanthemum flowers
The SNS products are plant based… rosemary or clove oil
Oil Dormant spray is mostly mineral oil.

so yes we use a variety of chemicals but most are of very low toxicity. If you are concerned about health implications then we strongly suggest bud washing immediately upon harvesting your plants.

Here’s link >>> Bud Washing <<<It’s one heck of a long thread but don’t let that scare you away. All the pertinent info can be found on first page or two, the rest are comments and questions.

tip for spraying…. most critters live on leaf undersides… when spraying turn off the lights… elevate your plant to a high spot, mix your potion shake well and shake often. always go up her skirt first to get leaf undersides well coated, then spray from top down on outside.… Allow foliage to dry completely before turning grow lights back on..

Neem oil comes from Neem seed meal… I’m reliably informed Neem trees are plant based ;)
And a couple others...

For killing off and reducing the spreading of Powdery Mildew is the Citric Acid and Water mix with a couple of drops of soap. All naturally occurring items and great for killing off most of the Mildew with the first spraying.

Flying Skull Nuke Em for killing off many of the common insect pests at all stages of their life. Also helps to reduce and eliminate problem mildews and molds. Listed as allowed for organic gardening.

Starts off with the processed fats from beef and some of the natural oils found in plants. This fatty acids stuff is a lot more common in insecticides than I had originally thought. Wandering around garden and grow shops the stuff is listed in many different brands.

We have an open discussion about this at the moment. Do organic methods actually eradicate the hyphae in al spore related diseases? ?

I have, along with others in the community started trying Willow leaf/bark teas or elixir to foliar spray and root water plants in order to activate a Systematic Acquired Response SAR against biotic stress cause by fungal disease.
I had very promising results last year with almost no case of PM, mold or Rot. All the way until November.
I particularly only go as far as Neem oil but that only serves half way as I don’t use later in flower.
Salicylic acid on the other hand, the Active compound from the Willow can be used all the way thru harvest as it is part of a complex form of phytohormones responsible for signaling Reactive Oxygen Species ROS in the plant.

Willow use a preventive pest control is part of my current research.

Whaddup Wrecked??

so yes we use a variety of chemicals but most are of very low toxicity. If you are concerned about health implications then we strongly suggest bud washing immediately upon harvesting your plants.

Here’s link >>> Bud Washing <<<It’s one heck of a long thread but don’t let that scare you away. All the pertinent info can be found on first page or two, the rest are comments and questions.

tip for spraying…. most critters live on leaf undersides… when spraying turn off the lights… elevate your plant to a high spot, mix your potion shake well and shake often. always go up her skirt first to get leaf undersides well coated, then spray from top down on outside.… Allow foliage to dry completely before turning grow lights back on..
I used baking soda for PM last year and almost killed my flowers. I learned from that. Be careful during flower. But the Willow sound really good. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

For bugs I have only one thing I use, and so far haven't needed anything else...

FOR VEG:
2 tbsp pure neem oil, 2 tbsp Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1 gal. of pure water in the pump sprayer. You can add 12 drops of pure orange essential oil (or pure food grade limonene) for more killing power – but watch out for the amount, because it can burn leaves if you use too much. Shake it up well. Adjust ratio accordingly for smaller amounts.

FOR FLOWER:
Skip the neem. 12 drops orange oil or limonene, 24 drops Bronner's soap, in 1/2 gal water in the pump sprayer, shake well. You can safely add more soap, but so far I haven't seen the need for it.

For fungus and fungus-like organisms... BIG question, and something I'm deep in the middle of figuring out. I'm about to make an aerated worm tea with infusions of white willow bark and horsetail added, to be used as a foliar spray. Maybe also some pH adjusted aloe juice that I have. I also recently learned about the amazing beneficial fungus, Trichoderma – I'll probably add some to my tea as well.

Back
Top Bottom