Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

d- great lookin girls! im wonderin whats OC+ that all keep talkin about here. soil add? sorry i dont have alot of time to read all the way, just tryn to pick up some good out of what i get to go quickly thru. i grow in hydro and this is my first go, and lookin to make it good.

thats awesome you mimicked the environment in Santa Marta for your plants.

thanks

Doc, your garden is a snapshot of Eden. I don't know if I could stand it, looking in on those beauties everyday:Namaste:. It hurts so good looking at your updates:smokin: lol, very rewarding of you to share your recipes in such a manner:high-five:, so the majority of us can try to duplicate what we can with hopes of having that superb tasting and quality med that is desired.:green_heart:

Thanks bro!
:high-five:

Doc, I am still in the soil/ OC+/organic teas mode I add 2 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon when I add the tea I make, is this enough? By the way your impact on my growing has made improvements in every way, thankyou.

That's a good mode to be in! There is very little reason to change, unless you're also an obsessive/compulsive/perfectionist.

Try mixing the teas up a bit....epsom one time, micronutes another. A good source of the micro's would be:

1.)Earth Juice microblast
2.)Azomite
3.)any other broad spectrum micronutrient, like Mittleider, Pyrogrow.

The microbes in the teas need the micronutes for their enzymatic processes.

d- great lookin girls! im wonderin whats OC+ that all keep talkin about here. soil add? sorry i dont have alot of time to read all the way, just tryn to pick up some good out of what i get to go quickly thru. i grow in hydro and this is my first go, and lookin to make it good.

thats awesome you mimicked the environment in Santa Marta for your plants.

thanks

Osmocote Plus (OC+) is a commercial "Controlled Release Fertilizer." Everything needed for the plant is encapsulated in little prills, which release the nutrients slowly, over time, when water washes over them. If it's really hot, the nutes come out fasters, and when it's cold....slower.

You can grow top shelf weed with potting soil and OC+ added. Merely add water.

Of course, you can also use a few additives, like compost tea and maybe some sort of bloom booster....but seriously, you can grow very respectable weed with OC+.

People generally pay around 20 bucks for a jug....which will grow 100-150 plants.

I highly recommend it!

Great advice on the fans....thanks!

I've got about 40 unusual elite strains that I'm growing for the first time. I don't know much about them, except that many are crosses of pure, landrace genetics, or are pure and uncrossed.

I've got Lemon Thai and Chocolate Thai right now. The lemon thai is 4 weeks further along than the chocolate, so i'll be talking about the chocolate more in the coming weeks.

There is a very frustrating problem however:

People are friggin morons when it comes to weed. They have no concept of what makes good weed! They think all buds need to be as dense as charcoal briquettes. Dense=good, loose=bad.

WRONG!!! Equatorial sativas are going to be very loose! They're also going to be unbelievably good smoke.....but the average moron will pass them up for the dense hydro GDP and will miss out on something very special.

I'm trying to change that misconception in my circle of influence.....so I'm growing out a bunch of unusual, non-commercial strains to try to find something really special. Thai genetics are very promising in this regard.

Here are some general observations when growing Thai strains:

1.)skip veg time. 12/12 from the start! These plants never see more than 13 or 14 hours of daylight...usually 12. Longer photoperiods will make the plant do things it hasn't done in thousands of years.....which usually results in crappy outcome.

2.)Higher temps, day and night: 84/70 slightly higher humidity: 55/65% rh.

3.)Light feeding overall. Don't try to cram nutes down their throats.....I messed up last grow by mixing the soil too hot.

4.)don't harvest too soon.....we're talking long flowering times.......12 weeks or so. They may look ready sooner, but if you let them go a while, they get better.

5.)lots of light. More light.

6.)Large pots with soil that drains well.

With the Columbian, I literally followed the weather reports in Santa Marta and made the greenhouse do the same.

I'll take some more pics of the Lemon thai soon.....it's looking pretty good.

Followed the weather reports in Santa Marta... Damn, that is something I have thought of but lack the complete controlled environment. Mimic real environment to see how it grows where it comes from. Possibly the best way. :bravo::bravo::bravo: That is going to be awesome to say the least!

My teas are pretty simple. 1 third cup of Jobes organic for vegetables,4 tablespoons of mollasses, 2 tablespoons of epsom salts, and 4 tablespoons of worm castings bubbled in 4 gallons of rainwater for a couple of days. added at 32 ounces of this once a week per 2 1/2 gallon pot. When things start getting a very dark green I stop the teaing for a couple of weeks. Seems to work nicely so far. If I use tap water the obvious organic action visible on top of the soil seems to slow down a bit but it doesn't seem to bother the plants. In fact so far everything is absolutely beautiful. Not even a touch of brown on a single leaf tip.

My teas are pretty simple. 1 third cup of Jobes organic for vegetables,4 tablespoons of mollasses, 2 tablespoons of epsom salts, and 4 tablespoons of worm castings bubbled in 4 gallons of rainwater for a couple of days. added at 32 ounces of this once a week per 2 1/2 gallon pot. When things start getting a very dark green I stop the teaing for a couple of weeks. Seems to work nicely so far. If I use tap water the obvious organic action visible on top of the soil seems to slow down a bit but it doesn't seem to bother the plants. In fact so far everything is absolutely beautiful. Not even a touch of brown on a single leaf tip.

Add about 2 cups of worm castings and only 2 tablespoons of molasses and I think you'll get a bit better results....perhaps! The Jobes product has a proprietary blend of microbes, designed to survive in the package, etc. However, at the root zone it may not work as well as what would happen with the EWC..........it's hard to say.

However, congrats on the organic success! Indeed, each and every leaf can be perfect....and only organics can do that.

:goodjob:

Doc, things are looking good in here as usual. Any idea where I can pick up some SMCG beans or a good cut? Seems Reeferman is out for a while.

Update OG Kush:

Mine at the beginning of four weeks of bloom below.

Last few pics are of the hydro OG grow a few yards away.
That's my competition, so to speak. Guy's been growing the same cut almost exclusively for 15 years......Zen growing in hydro......I don't think anyone could do it better, the product is unbelievable. I'm striving to equal or beat it in the sense that the organic flavor and nuanced effect will win out......I'll never touch the raw horsepower he gets from his hydro kit....VERY potent.

IMG_21452.JPG

IMG_21463.JPG

IMG_21475.JPG

IMG_21481.JPG

IMG_21492.JPG

IMG_21645.JPG

IMG_21697.JPG

IMG_21705.JPG

IMG_21715.JPG

IMG_21723.JPG

I love well crystalled up bud! It's hard to get worm castings here in the winter so I started a worm farm in a 120 quart cooler. Hopefully I will have all I want if I can get 5000 redworms metabilized into hard running worm casting churners. Another side experiment, it never ends. I had a tough time explaining to my exceptionally significant woman I had to keep the worm farm inside to keep the temps in the right range. Hope they stay in the cooler.

The "other" half of the garden, with all the experimental strains. We have a bonafide corner beast overnight....I'm making sure it's quite root bound then I'll transplant. It's really big.....Chocolate Thai heavy sativa pheno....

We're getting close to harvest on the Lemon Thai...maybe 3 weeks? They're bulking up and are absurdly frosted....totally unreasonable.
IMG_21502.JPG

IMG_21512.JPG

IMG_21522.JPG

IMG_21532.JPG

IMG_21541.JPG

IMG_21551.JPG

IMG_21563.JPG

IMG_21577.JPG

IMG_21586.JPG

IMG_21593.JPG

IMG_21603.JPG

IMG_21613.JPG

IMG_21652.JPG

IMG_21666.JPG

IMG_21677.JPG

IMG_21687.JPG

That Lemon Thai looks delicious!!! and those OG's....wow...already frosty as fukkkkk!!! Great job Doc!! Feel free to stop by my journal sometime...would love your input!!

Question....have you ever ran an OG that produces 1 seed, not hermied but somehow in the genetics it produces only 1 seed...? My University Hills OG did this, and I just found one in my Holy Grail OG, but don't see any male sign's or others developing...ever experienced this?

That Lemon Thai looks delicious!!! and those OG's....wow...already frosty as fukkkkk!!! Great job Doc!! Feel free to stop by my journal sometime...would love your input!!

Question....have you ever ran an OG that produces 1 seed, not hermied but somehow in the genetics it produces only 1 seed...? My University Hills OG did this, and I just found one in my Holy Grail OG, but don't see any male sign's or others developing...ever experienced this?

Yep! Every now and then I'll get what appears to be a seed.....but they're not really seeds. I don't know if there is such a thing as a sterile, false seed....but that's what they are. I've never been able to germinate one...

I'll come over and check your grow out.

Yep! Every now and then I'll get what appears to be a seed.....but they're not really seeds. I don't know if there is such a thing as a sterile, false seed....but that's what they are. I've never been able to germinate one...

I'll come over and check your grow out.

Thanks Doc!! I haven't spotted any "bananna's" yet and growth seems to be normal on my Holy Grail OG's so I am hoping it is just a fluke...if not will have some damn good edibles.. :)

doc first off you are the man! I have a quick question. I transplanted some clones today and mixed some soil up in a 3.5 gallon bucket I added 3/4 cup of epsom salts in the mix. then I re-read your first page and saw you were mixing for a 40 gallon mix. Did I do a big uh oh! or will this be ok. thanks in advance.
gittergreen

doc first off you are the man! I have a quick question. I transplanted some clones today and mixed some soil up in a 3.5 gallon bucket I added 3/4 cup of epsom salts in the mix. then I re-read your first page and saw you were mixing for a 40 gallon mix. Did I do a big uh oh! or will this be ok. thanks in advance.
gittergreen

Yeah....you hopped it up pretty good there.....:morenutes:

I think you should dilute that soil! Too much Mg is going to compete with Potassium and Calcium....your plants won't be too happy.

You can always add epsom salt as you go too! I try to fortify my soil so I have very little work to do with feeding and watering. It gives me more time to prune, clean things, sweep, mop, harvest and trim.

By diluting you do mean flush with plain water or let the soil dry a bit and then transplant to a plain mix? Im using plain happy frog but my mother plant has shown mag defs in past and adding epsom has corrected her so I decided to add some to the soil but oops. sorry for the semi nube questions.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom