Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Fine specimen indeed. It's always more fun when our plants are happy, healthy and relatively carefree ...innit?

Oh hell yes, much more fun! Those last ones caused me some stress for sure, but I've managed to keep this one pretty healthy so far and its becoming more fun as I go along. I think I'll spread my sprayings out a bit more as well. @Governmentchz, thanks for the tip! My last two grows... most the leaves were pretty crispy by harvest time.

Agreed Yeti! There was frost yesterday but it increased greatly since a heavy TD yesterday, 30ml per plant. Mt SPS's weren't really showing much at all but they are today, it's harder to tell but it's there. The COGS is my favorite plant I've grown so far but we'll see how they turn out, that's the real test right.

:passitleft: .

Is it common for a 7 gal to take 2 weeks to dry out pretty good (she's only had her first watering with 1/4 tp) before the next watering? She seems like she's growing pretty good... but is taking a long to time use up the water. She will probably need a drink tomorrow, and that will be exactly 2 weeks. And that damn Panama by ace is just barely starting to put out a set of leaves... taking forever and still pretty damn small. Getting frustrated waiting for it to take off.

Hi Daj. She is in flower correct? I water/feed every 4 days in bloom. I don't think you want them drying out. Maybe someone can confirm...? What was her last drink, oops I see it was 1/4 TP, what was before that? Maybe she needs some GE? I know I'm a broken record but if you had your own journal, I could read back a couple pages for this info.

A couple things dajerm, the first 2 weeks after transplant it very well could take 2 weeks although that is a bit on the long side. Like ween said, I've been watering in flower slightly more frequently and not letting the pots get as dry as I used to (which still wasn't ever bone dry). The other things is, some strains don't push out roots as well as others. I know Doc has referenced this a few times, but I can attest, that even some really great strains have roots that just struggle to support the growth rate. This OG strain I've been working with this past year is a good example. It's roots just aren't as efficient and post-harvest I'm almost always surprised at the root ball. The weak-ish roots have also forced me to add support just to keep the plant upright in late flower. The branches are like fishing poles and the plant's health is tops, but those roots...

Hi Daj. She is in flower correct? I water/feed every 4 days in bloom. I don't think you want them drying out. Maybe someone can confirm...? What was her last drink, oops I see it was 1/4 TP, what was before that? Maybe she needs some GE? I know I'm a broken record but if you had your own journal, I could read back a couple pages for this info.

Hey there Ween! She received a heavy TP drench a day or so before Transplant... them the 1/4 trans after Transplant. I’m following Duggan advice on letting her dry out pretty good after the first watering. Every 4 days seems awfully frequent...
I’m just wondering if its normal for them to take so long after their Transplant watering to dry up. The pot still has some weight to it, and Noel shows no signs of stress, no wilting, just Growth. Thanks Ween!

A couple things dajerm, the first 2 weeks after transplant it very well could take 2 weeks although that is a bit on the long side. Like ween said, I've been watering in flower slightly more frequently and not letting the pots get as dry as I used to (which still wasn't ever bone dry). The other things is, some strains don't push out roots as well as others. I know Doc has referenced this a few times, but I can attest, that even some really great strains have roots that just struggle to support the growth rate. This OG strain I've been working with this past year is a good example. It's roots just aren't as efficient and post-harvest I'm almost always surprised at the root ball. The weak-ish roots have also forced me to add support just to keep the plant upright in late flower. The branches are like fishing poles and the plant's health is tops, but those roots...

Hey there Gov! Thanks for the reply... I usually don’t let them go this long without a drink either but am giving it a go. All the strains form nirvana have had really weak roots. This White widow is the best looking plant from them so far but I’m afraid you’re correct... even though she looks good I bet those roots just aren’t doing that well. I’ll give her a drink tomorrow, and then I’ll probably increase watering frequency.

I know some let theirs dry out pretty good after transplant. I've done it too for a long time, but lately, I've only gone 8-10 days and decided to give them a little something. Usually a good transplant drench, then every 4-5 days after that they get 3/4 gal of whatever liquid is on tap. I don't get much runoff.

I know some let theirs dry out pretty good after transplant. I've done it too for a long time, but lately, I've only gone 8-10 days and decided to give them a little something. Usually a good transplant drench, then every 4-5 days after that they get 3/4 gal of whatever liquid is on tap. I don't get much runoff.

Nice Gov, that sounds about like what I’ll be doing. Just following Duggs direction, I trust him for sure. I’ll be hitting them with a good TP drench tomorrow, in probably about a gallon or more of water. Duggan said to make sure I have a bit left in the tray to help indicate full saturation. I may or may not do that through the whole flower cycle... I like the idea of using 1gal and having them dey a bit faster so I can give more feedings. Doc said that’s how he does it, 1gal water per 7gal pot, everytime. Thanks Gov!

Is it common for a 7 gal to take 2 weeks to dry out pretty good (she's only had her first watering with 1/4 tp) before the next watering? She seems like she's growing pretty good... but is taking a long to time use up the water. She will probably need a drink tomorrow, and that will be exactly 2 weeks. And that damn Panama by ace is just barely starting to put out a set of leaves... taking forever and still pretty damn small. Getting frustrated waiting for it to take off.

Hay there Buddy

My first Kit run I noticed it was taking for ever for my pots to Dry so started using
less water at feedings (10 gal gets 1 and 1/4 gal H20 & 7 gal gets 1 gal) this has allowed
me to increase the feeding scheduled greatly. Not sure if this is Recommended by the
experts but seems to be working better for me this time

Thanks Gov Much appreciated

My experience, although limited has been to use less H2O when watering to help
increase the frequency of feedings.

10 gal gets 1 1/4 gal H20 and is now taking 5 to 7 days before next watering
7 gal gets 1 gal H20 and takes about the same time

NO RUN-OFF however, thinking at end of flower I may do a limited flush just
to help clean out the extra build up

Ok, so this is the Panama’s 7 day progress... I’m still thinking of culling, seems to be growing so slow. I may give her one more week, but I really need her to get her ass in gear. Don’t have time for wasting on a finicky plant. Already used up that time on the last two grows. Any opinions would be much welcomed! Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom