Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

LOL no doc messing around his plants stupid epic right now he's probably as amazed as the rest of us.

My plants have gone lo lo lately, and I think I might do the same if they still have a friggin' month! This Grape Ape is a potent strain to begin with....and I'm definitely seeing more resin on these than at any time previously, regardless of lighting.

I think there must be a large amount of UV in these lights.

Now that's a responsible grower!:rofl:

Once that price point drops a Lil I'll try some of there biggest lights. Looks like the 1200. Worst case scenario if I'm not pleased which I'm starting to doubt a Lil I'll just vertical mount them on my walls in conjunction with current setup

Curious. What kind of footprint you got per panel like 4x4 ft? Like maybe 4 7 gallon pots possibly.

Much respect doc. Your as into this lifestyle as our family is.

Once that price point drops a Lil I'll try some of there biggest lights. Looks like the 1200. Worst case scenario if I'm not pleased which I'm starting to doubt a Lil I'll just vertical mount them on my walls in conjunction with current setup

Curious. What kind of footprint you got per panel like 4x4 ft? Like maybe 4 7 gallon pots possibly.

Much respect doc. Your as into this lifestyle as our family is.

The footprint from a single P1200 would adequately cover 3x6 feet...about 8 seven gallon pots. I've got double that, which is where the "indulgence" comes in.

So it's 2400 watts over 8 plants?
Is a 4 lb harvest a reality with 2400 watts? Thats like 1.3g per watt. (top of head math may be wrong)

Just curious. I'm interested for sure. Just initial price point is high. I'm not concerned about energy savings cause that doesn't apply in our situation too much. We sell energy back at times.

So it's 2400 watts over 8 plants?
Is a 4 lb harvest a reality with 2400 watts? Thats like 1.3g per watt. (top of head math may be wrong)

Just curious. I'm interested for sure. Just initial price point is high. I'm not concerned about energy savings cause that doesn't apply in our situation too much. We sell energy back at times.

It's not actually 1200 watts....I'm not sure how or why it all works, but they draw about half that.

I am also not running a Can Fan to vent the HID's these lights replaced and the AC doesn't have to work as hard. As for gram per watt....I'll include the number after harvest for information purposes but at this point in my growing journey I'm not at all focused on yield, but on quality.

Thankfully, really healthy plants tend to yield well, so my yield is certainly decent on a per-plant basis. What I don't do is optimize the canopy for yield. I give each plant a lot of room, relatively speaking, and strive for overall plant health and quality of produce.

I'd rather grow an ounce of stellar bud than an pound of something people would buy at this point. Thankfully, I've never faced that extreme of a choice!

I'll follow your review. And I'll run a full or half cycle of a high brix setup with your help if possible. I pull .865 grams per watt average with test results in the 20's. I'm very excited to try it out the results look amazing

As well as this led setup even though I'm a skeptic.

I'll follow your review. And I'll run a full or half cycle of a high brix setup with your help if possible. I pull .865 grams per watt average with test results in the 20's. I'm very excited to try it out the results look amazing

As well as this led setup even though I'm a skeptic.

There's more to it than just THC content, as we all know. Since I live right smack in the heart of wine country I can't help but use the wine industry as an example:

Under alcohol prohibition, people didn't care so much about taste....they were very concerned about "proof," however, which is a logical economic result of prohibition. It takes a bit of explaining just suffice it to say that mooshine is damn strong as was bathtub gin made back in the days of alcohol prohibition.

Wine has 12-16 % alcohol, which is less than half of what gin or moonshine has.....but wine is all about the flavor, the subtle tastes, smells, acidity on the tongue, etc.

I try to look at cannabis with a post-prohibition mindset. While I strive to grow the most resinous, potent weed I can possibly grow, that really isn't my focus! I want the stuff to taste good.

I'd rather grow a super delicious strain that had 14% THC than a lung-pinching 24% strain. I picture elegant women in evening gowns and cocktail dresses puffing on joints and enjoying the entire sensory experience; taste, touch, smell, sight.....rather than a guy taking a huge bong hit and getting ripped.

So, my approach to weed growing is to grow something that pleases all the senses. I simply will not put up with harsh flavor, coughing or anything like that....no matter how high I might get. I'd rather take 4 hits of something pleasant than 2 hits of something "dank."

No one brags about the high alcohol content of their wine......it's not a factor! It's all about the overall sensory experience, the social lubricant, the food....you know LIVING! Leave the Everclear to the college freshmen; I'm a professional adult and I like my cannabis civilized and social. I want it attractive. I want it elegant and sexy.......and above all I want it HEALTHY.

And that's what High Brix weed does. We don't have bugs to deal with once brix rises above 12, so no spraying. There are terpenes, smells and flavors in High Brix weed that you've never smelled or tasted before. This is where the real beauty comes in.....like smoking a fine cigar except happier. :blunt: I don't care how potent it is....just take another couple hits of the 16 and you'll feel the same as you would with the 24. If it's F'd-up you want....do some dabs. (which can taste good too, but are far too strong for the "wine taster/weed taster" type person.

As for yield, around here no one talks bout how many pounds per acre of grapes are harvested. Sure, they know the number, but it's all about the Brix! No wine maker is going to buy grapes of 20 brix. You have double the yield of the guy who is getting 28 brix on his Cab Sauv.....but he will sell his grapes and not a single person will buy the 20 brix grapes, because they simply aren't suitable for fine wine....period. You could make a high alcohol content wine from the shitty grapes, but who would drink that? Not me.

So yield is almost meaningless to me. It's all about the quality.

When prohibition lifted, the market for hooch, moonshine and bathtub gin went away fast. But the market for higher quality liquor has been increasing ever since.

Does a 300 dollar bottle of single malt get you drunker than a bottle of Jack Daniels? Nope. But it sure tastes different!

So, I'm all about the 300 dollar bottle of scotch, not the 60 dollar bottle. Certainly there's a market for both, but I choose the quality aspect over the volume aspect of the market.

All my gear is designed with that in mind. Those who are trying to grow as much as possible will have to figure out if my stuff yields as well as they'd like. It might, it might not. I really don't know, as I've never tried to grow for max yield.

But when it comes to quality, it's pretty stark; Nature wins over man-made salts. Every time.

I agree totally with ya on all of that. That's why we grow so many genetics, as well as breed now 20 + Strains . The palate is different for each of us.

At some point the recreational side will have it based more on the taste and terpenes profiles as well as delivering a great high and medicate your ailment.

The wine or craft beer reference is amazing. Just as Dj short has done with there palate map

I agree totally with ya on all of that. That's why we grow so many genetics, as well as breed now 20 + Strains . The palate is different for each of us.

At some point the recreational side will have it based more on the taste and terpenes profiles as well as delivering a great high and medicate your ailment.

The wine or craft beer reference is amazing. Just as Dj short has done with there palate map

We're on the same page then bro. I'd be happy to get you set up to try a High Brix run. Be forewarned, the structure of the plant and the overall terpene profile will be different.

It may very well taste quite different than what you're used to when running the strains in H and G. You might be tweaking your stable a bit, depending.

If nothing else, you'll save a ton of money using my gear compared to the H and G line. That stuff is probably the best nutrient line out there, but it also seems a tad pricey to me, especially since I know what the stuff actually costs! I can get 50 gallons of liquid CaNO3 for less than 2 gallons of H and G grow nutes.....

Just curious, what's your pest management procedure now?

Love and cleanliness. Showering and changing into a set few outfits before entering garden.

As well as green clean. Now called green klean. Spray them before main veg. And once more before bloom. Then I spray plants lightly with ro ph balanced water week 2 of bloom.

I havent seen a mite in almost two years.

Back
Top Bottom