Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

O ok just making sure and now I mite have to try the high brix grow at a later date because doc said he doesn't recommend me starting my clones in anything other then high brix. I was thinking/hoping I could transplant to high brix after I vegged 1 month while the soil cooked.

Just a thought if you have your clones in plugs. While the soil cooks you can trim the roots to the plug a couple times and make them grow even more roots in the plug and use them when its possible. Can't be in a hurry with anything to do with a grow, thats how you'll drive yourself crazy :)

Just a thought if you have your clones in plugs. While the soil cooks you can trim the roots to the plug a couple times and make them grow even more roots in the plug and use them when its possible. Can't be in a hurry with anything to do with a grow, thats how you'll drive yourself crazy :)

Yep.

"I can't wait another month to get really, really good produce...I'm gonna go for second best." nope.

"I can't wait to get my environment dialed in....gonna grow now and hope for the best." double nope.

No one is ever disappointed when they do things the right way. The expense of using "nutes" and miticides, etc. will far outweigh buying bud to get you through a month of waiting to do things right.

everyone thinks I'm crazy for building a garden with no intention of doing coco and salt.

The LED thing is such an additional mindfuck.

Look at this marijuana.

everyone thinks I'm crazy for building a garden with no intention of doing coco and salt.

The LED thing is such an additional mindfuck.

Look at this marijuana.

Exactly!

Time for a DocBud rant:

Traditions cut both ways. Sometimes traditions are tried and true and keep us on the right path in life....like the tradition of stable marriage and family.

Others are harmful to us, like the tradition of hazing/alcohol poisoning in fraternity rushing.

The tradition of saving money each and every paycheck is a good one....but the tradition of borrowing to the max is a harmful one, even though most people do the latter and not the former.

Organic gardening is a good tradition, but at the same time I pray that coco and salt do not become a tradition. We need awareness of the lack of minerals and nutrient density in our soils....which is where we get our food to nourish our bodies and stay healthy.

Coco and salt won't help that. High Brix gardening will!

We have both science and tradition working on our side.....whereas other styles might just be a "new" practice, or a result of advertising. Nothing beats the sun. Nothing beats properly mineralized soil, robust microbial populations and good stewardship of the garden.

These are ancient traditions! They work!

Modern corporate farming is killing us. I avoid it at all costs...and in doing so I save money and get better produce, all day long, everyday.

Doc, have you or are you presently growing your WN(willie nelson) under the platinum LED?
My 2 WN (RM) seeds Im growing are slightly slower than the other sativas. I have a Kwazulu(WOS) and Columbian(WOS) doing great. I hope the Ganja Stork delivers girls :)
2 of self made autos, made previously and grown presently in HB soil, are showing preflower pistils after 3 weeks of planting the seed and growing under 11/13.
I would think the size, and quantity will be slightly less if starting from 11/13 instead of switching from 12/12, or 13/11 to 11/13 at flowering, no?
I received my ACE seeds...they give 6 when you buy 5,.. 12 when you buy 10..very nice! Looking forward to trying these amazing landrace strains, most are sativas :)
Ok..rant off.

O ok just making sure and now I mite have to try the high brix grow at a later date because doc said he doesn't recommend me starting my clones in anything other then high brix. I was thinking/hoping I could transplant to high brix after I vegged 1 month while the soil cooked.

Why doesn't anyone remember the quick start! LOL. Really mike the one month isn't that long to wait. Curso got a good ideA, keep them in plugs. If you can't get the quick start for some reason, just wait a bit, it will be worth it.

Plants under Platinum LED P1200's with more light than they need:

Picture_012191.jpg

Picture_011195.jpg

Picture_010212.jpg

Picture_005280.jpg

Picture_004293.jpg

Picture_003300.jpg

Picture_002295.jpg

Picture_001303.jpg

Any cons to lights that powerful doc? Your plants seem to love them. "...more light than they need."? Are you following manufacturers recommendations like you did with the g8s?

Any cons to lights that powerful doc? Your plants seem to love them. "...more light than they need."? Are you following manufacturers recommendations like you did with the g8s?

Yes and no.

I think the plants would do better with only one panel and I'll do another grow immediately after this one with a single panel and compare weight, etc.

I am keeping them the correct distance above the canopy, however. Damn they're bright!

As for the plants, they show some signs of stress, but they also have a tad bit of resin forming and more each day.

Beautiful plants Doc!!! Glad to see you are using LED!!! forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but have you run these same strains under HID before or currently? Have you checked the Brix of the LED plants and compared it to HID grown ones? just was curious if the LED had any impact on the brix level vs your previous HID setups...

Amazing looking plants as always!!!

:Namaste::ganjamon::party:

Ok is this hard to do cuz I think i should test my room & humidity temps and make sure ething is good like u tav and smokey suggested. I want my 1st grow to go as smooth as possible but I also wanted to make sure I know how to grow using regular soil and nutes so I'm in having a dilemma lol

Beautiful plants Doc!!! Glad to see you are using LED!!! forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but have you run these same strains under HID before or currently? Have you checked the Brix of the LED plants and compared it to HID grown ones? just was curious if the LED had any impact on the brix level vs your previous HID setups...

Amazing looking plants as always!!!

:Namaste::ganjamon::party:

Hey Ice,

I've grown these strains under HID and LED prior to this grow. Brix ranges between13 and 16 consistently, regardless. Yield has been significantly higher under HID so far.....but this current crop might change that.

On the other hand, my electric bill makes me smile.

Back
Top Bottom