Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc how long before the chop do you stop the brix spraying?

Thanks

I try to give them a final spray the day before harvest in most cases. Definitely no more than three days.

Hey Doc, I like that you don't have to worry about pests with the high brix grow. Do you know if high brix also makes the plants more resistant to disease such as powdery mildew?

Well, I haven't had PM, but I do have mites......others have had PM and haven't had many mites.....and still others haven't had mites or PM but have had some botyritis.

I think the plants are probably more resistant to PM, but if your environment is off, they can still get it. Several of the brix gang haven't had any issues at all for a year, two years......

I think the plants are probably more resistant to PM, but if your environment is off, they can still get it. Several of the brix gang haven't had any issues at all for a year, two years......

Two years and counting...no bugs, no mold, no pests....I can't say enough about this method. I did have some botyritis once but that was because it was to humid at night in late flower. In my grow I saw a fly one day fly near my tent and as far away from it as fast as it could...

The guy at the lab suggests installing a hepa filter in your grow area.

I've got one...

Thanks Doc/Curso. I was just curious what your thoughts were on that. I'm dealing with PM now that popped up after 40 days into flower and it's no fun. Will probably lose the entire crop.

Are you in kit soil?

There are some things that can help! Try to find a product called "Plant Doctor" by Monterrey I believe. It's Phosphorous acid, which kills mold spores. You'll have to spray at least weekly, but you can save your harvest.

The other thing, which will SOLVE your problem is to run a sulfur vaporizer.

Here's how:

In the dark cycle:

1. Turn off all fans, intake, exhaust, recirculating.....everything except AC.
2. Turn on a humidifier and try to get the room soaking, dripping wet.
3. Run sulfur vape for 6 hours in the 100% humid room.

Problem solved. Give 'em a good rinse with De-Stress about 3 days later.....make sure you wash your harvest.....you'll be just fine.

I try to give them a final spray the day before harvest in most cases. Definitely no more than three days.

Well, I haven't had PM, but I do have mites......others have had PM and haven't had many mites.....and still others haven't had mites or PM but have had some botyritis.

Thanks Doc!
The guy at the lab suggests installing a hepa filter in your grow area.

The phresh (other companies might make them too not sure) hepa intake filters are pretty cheap insurance. Get a bigger one then you think u need if you want it to be passive or it will create a lot of back pressure and suck your tent walls in, assuming your growing with a tent.

I have a phresh on the intake of each tent, the best hepa filters I can get for my house heating cooling system and an IQ Air that my wife made me get to help keep house from smelling like pot smoke all the time. I need to get a RH controller right now if I keep it high enough during lights on it gets up to ~65% at lights off till I get around to turning it down when I wake up and no mold problems so far :thumb:

Thanks for the advice guys. Now is a perfect time for me to invest in a hepa filter. I see all kinds of Black Friday deals for them :)

I am going to every local grow store til I find Plant Doctor. I thought my plants were doomed. Thanks again Doc. I may do the sulfur vaporizer after this grow. Going to take a couple months off to remodel the basement. I appreciate it guys. Thank you so much for input.

Edit: My infected plants are in soil.

Thanks for the advice guys. Now is a perfect time for me to invest in a hepa filter. I see all kinds of Black Friday deals for them :)

I am going to every local grow store til I find Plant Doctor. I thought my plants were doomed. Thanks again Doc. I may do the sulfur vaporizer after this grow. Going to take a couple months off to remodel the basement. I appreciate it guys. Thank you so much for input.

Edit: My infected plants are in soil.

Fwiw...where I live, in front of my house, theres a small tree that was infected with pm over the summer so i treated it! Until I noticed it was gone I was extra careful when I went near any indoor plants. Been working fine :)

Ok so I tried to just take the answer without knowing why but its already driving me nuts :rofl: To save my sanity why is it important to give them a brix spray right before the chop? Sorry im just one of those people that really like to know the why and how of how things work :D

Fwiw...where I live, in front of my house, theres a small tree that was infected with pm over the summer so i treated it! Until I noticed it was gone I was extra careful when I went near any indoor plants. Been working fine :)

What did you treat it with?

Ok so I tried to just take the answer without knowing why but its already driving me nuts :rofl: To save my sanity why is it important to give them a brix spray right before the chop? Sorry im just one of those people that really like to know the why and how of how things work :D

The foliar sprays are the main way we're feeding the plant and one of the ways we're feeding the soil. Brix in particular is rich in phosphates and calcium, which the plant uses to make all kinds of sugars. Produce will be its most flavorful and have the greatest sweetness if sprayed before harvest.

Strawberries in particular taught me this. The ones sprayed with Brix the day before harvest were nice and red in the middle, while those that didn't get sprayed were white and red.

So, let's spray today with Brix....let the sugars build up and then chop tomorrow and those sugars have nowhere to go.....and we get sweeter, better tasting produce.

Flushing is for high salt growing. High Brix requires no flushing....quite the opposite in fact. Our plants do better if we can feed them right up to harvest.

Makes perfect sense thanks Doc! My first batch I sprayed them the day before I chopped by accident I was going to wait another week and then got inpatient and changed my mind. I remember thinking at the time that it might not of been a great idea to chop so soon after I sprayed. Gotta love it when your "mistakes" end up being the correct thing to do :rofl:

Best 300 pages on growing MJ you'll ever read. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom