Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hi Nis, the one question I have is how would you control how much each plant gets? I would think that you would need to control irrigation to each plant individually unless they were all in a flood table that you could drain. Also, would it be flexible enough to fit different grows? Okay, that's 2 questions, but I think Doc's suggestion of flood table solves both without all the tubing and valves that I envisioned at first.

not sure his plan, but you can put a flow control valve inline between the main and each plant, they are cheap and ensure that the flow to each node is the same, they come in various gallons per hour (gph) sizes.

i've built quite a few of these for coco drain to waste tables, let me know if i can help with any questions.

Hey Doc, just wondering I have some tea left over from another kit. Can I mix it with water and feed it in with soil I am mixing right now? Would it speed the process up of the cooking time? Thanks

You could....but you could also just use it as Tea until it runs out. There is so much myco in the amendment and the Promix already....adding more won't hurt, but it won't help much either.

Doc love your post , tried to PM you but need another 47 post sucks because I'm not much of a post person more into learning. would love to talk with you on your High Brix method. looking great

20170105_091938.jpg
20170105_091942.jpg

A testament on how good Docs kit works. Those were started in high brix kit dirt that had bugs. I removed them from the pots, rinsed the soil completely off and replanted in new soil. They look a bit sad and maybe a bit angry with me but otherwise no worse for wear. I doubt theyd have made the transition this easily in something else besides kit soil :)

A testament on how good Docs kit works. Those were started in high brix kit dirt that had bugs. I removed them from the pots, rinsed the soil completely off and replanted in new soil. They look a bit sad and maybe a bit angry with me but otherwise no worse for wear. I doubt theyd have made the transition this easily in something else besides kit soil :)

Heheh thanks, that's cool to see. :thumb:

I've watched remarkable things happen to sick plants after just a couple weeks in the good HB dirt. :slide:

So Doc, only sent it to you so I'll throw it in for everyone. I'd like to run the kit in my hoophouse, I've seen a few posts in here referring to a minimum of 25gal pots for outdoor grows. I also came across a post from may 22nd 2013, where you recommended mixing in more promix hp to cut it down and fill more pots... I'm not even at the point where I know size of container so I'll start my question there and hopefully we'll talk out a way to an answer haha. Smoked a bit so I might lose my train of thought.

I want to use these bolt together corrugated metal half tubes... from home depot/lowes etc

Pallet.jpg

Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but if so what sizes did you use, and how much soil? I may purchase a set to test out size or measure in store. There is a plan for 6 to 10 plots in my greenhouse...

Hoophouse.jpg

My buddy pictured is 5'10. Just for reference the greenhouse will be much taller. Approx. 12ft at its peak after a wood base is built and reinforced bars go across the hoops

I want to use these bolt together corrugated metal half tubes... from home depot/lowes etc
Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but if so what sizes did you use, and how much soil? I may purchase a set to test out size or measure in store. There is a plan for 6 to 10 plots in my greenhouse..

you might be able to by large fabric pots cheaper than those window well things.

not sure if they will leach anything from the zinc coating or what ever metals are used in those things.

or why not just dig holes in the dirt the size you want and fill with your brix soil?
that way you get more head room since they are in the ground.

you can also use cheap rabbit fencing to make any size/shape you like and line them with landscape fabric.

and if the kits are for 6 7gl's how many kits will you need to fill 6-10 of those window wells?

you might be able to by large fabric pots cheaper than those window well things.

not sure if they will leach anything from the zinc coating or what ever metals are used in those things.

or why not just dig holes in the dirt the size you want and fill with your brix soil?

you can also use cheap rabbit fencing to make any size/shape you like and line them with landscape fabric.

and if the kits are for 6 7gl's how many kits will you need to fill 6-10 of those window wells?

buy bulk..save a ton of green to grow better green :)

100 gallon softees are 20-30$/ea on the River :thumb:

I'm not 100% on the answer for zinc, but these were pretty inexpensive at the big stores. Head room isn't the biggest issue... and it's something others brought up I'll explain why. I'm not using the existing prices of wood from the old bed, they're more of a form for the new plot... it will be much higher mounted to wood sides that may be a few feet high. So minimum height to shoot for wouldn't be bad thing to know... especially because ill mostly be growing sativa doms in here.

I'm not 100% on the answer for zinc, but these were pretty inexpensive at the big stores. Head room isn't the biggest issue... and it's something others brought up I'll explain why. I'm not using the existing prices of wood from the old bed, they're more of a form for the new plot... it will be much higher mounted to wood sides that may be a few feet high. So minimum height to shoot for wouldn't be bad thing to know... especially because ill mostly be growing sativa doms in here.

metal pots..around the roots seems like a major heat sink issue, no?

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

metal pots..around the roots seems like a major heat sink issue, no?
I was thinking about the heat issue... I don't want to kill those microbes once I grow em haha. But other than being metal I feel it could be LESS of a heat issue than fabric because they're mildly reflective as opposed to flat black in sunlight eating heat. I'll be running constant exhaust, passive on one end. Along with up to 4 circulation fans in the corners

Edit: I could also paint them white on the outside...

I was thinking about the heat issue... I don't want to kill those microbes once I grow em haha. But other than being metal I feel it could be LESS of a heat issue than fabric because they're mildly reflective as opposed to flat black in sunlight eating heat. I'll be running constant exhaust, passive on one end. Along with up to 4 circulation fans in the corners

Edit: I could also paint them white on the outside...

The ideal footprint for outdoor growing is 10x10x36deep per plant.

The minimum footprint would be 3x3x24 per plant.

Definitely buy in bulk....gallons of drenches/sprays and large bags of minerals. You'll save about 30-40% doing that.

If I were going to use the metal, I'd sink 'em about a foot into your dirt. That will keep them plenty cool.

Also, after the first season, let's test the soil and get it even more dialed in. Normal kit stuff will work, but with larger volumes of dirt I find that testing and making small adjustments really helps with the overall quality after a few runs.

The ideal footprint for outdoor growing is 10x10x36deep per plant.

The minimum footprint would be 3x3x24 per plant.

Definitely buy in bulk....gallons of drenches/sprays and large bags of minerals. You'll save about 30-40% doing that.

If I were going to use the metal, I'd sink 'em about a foot into your dirt. That will keep them plenty cool.

Also, after the first season, let's test the soil and get it even more dialed in. Normal kit stuff will work, but with larger volumes of dirt I find that testing and making small adjustments really helps with the overall quality after a few runs.
Sorry I may need the clarification... are these measurements in feet? The ideal footprint? Does some of that refer to depth when you say footprint?

Sorry I may need the clarification... are these measurements in feet? The ideal footprint? Does some of that refer to depth when you say footprint?

10'x10'x36" deep would give you the giant monsters that im sure would outgrow your house
3'x3'x24" deep would be more what you're looking to do.
I'd go with cloth pots and wrap em in white plastic. That galvanized metal will definitely heat up and keep that heat trapped for a lot longer. I don't know if the microherd will stand it, even with circulation! Youd definitely need ac in the summer. I built a smaller greenhouse and it was crazy hot, even with all the mitigations in place

Back
Top Bottom