Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sorry if I already asked this question, I can't remember lol. When is the best time to use cat drench? I have not used it yet, but would like too. What week would be safe? Happy new year gang!!

I forgot to mention the strain. This is Lemon jack x Triangle kush. Two different phenos.
IMG_20161215_160106.jpg
IMG_20161215_1600261.jpg
IMG_20161215_155922.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! :adore:;)

Good morning gang. :passitleft:

Today we are cloning our plants after we have sterilized our rooms for mites. Used Doktor doom foggers twice a week apart. Spotted one moving mite out on one of the 10 plants we have. So for the most part, they are gone. To make sure of it we will be tossing all of this soil and basically starting over. Now after we cut the clones, is there anything we can use to "wash" the clones with to be sure they are gone? Thanks.

Wow some great bud pics coming in... Hey Doc if you are still shipping grow products can you send me a PM? I'm looking for some destress and brix. Thank You!! I'm too low on the post count to PM so I'll work on that too!

Good morning gang. :passitleft:

Today we are cloning our plants after we have sterilized our rooms for mites. Used Doktor doom foggers twice a week apart. Spotted one moving mite out on one of the 10 plants we have. So for the most part, they are gone. To make sure of it we will be tossing all of this soil and basically starting over. Now after we cut the clones, is there anything we can use to "wash" the clones with to be sure they are gone? Thanks.

I wash mine under the sink with the water turned up and aerated. Take all the leaves off you're going to remove, and support the remaining foliage so that the water blasts off the bottoms of the leaves, stems, etc.

You could also to a "dip" in a miticide.

Or both.

I wash mine under the sink with the water turned up and aerated. Take all the leaves off you're going to remove, and support the remaining foliage so that the water blasts off the bottoms of the leaves, stems, etc.

You could also to a "dip" in a miticide.

Or both.

That sounds like an easy plan to follow through with. Didn't honestly think it would be that easy. :laughtwo: thanks

Having a strange issue in veg. Bottom leaves are thick, dark and doing a little under canoe thing. Top leaves are pale, skinny and droopy.

Never had a problem overwatering, but maybe it happened? Only other thing I can think of is they did get a couple rounds of azamax.

I dont like how these tops are looking...

I threw em a 3/4 strenth destress and gonna try to make them dry out before ge next.

unders

underclaw1.JPG

tops

these pots dont have enough dirt in em but they arent rootbound yet...i ran outta dirt..

underclaw2.JPG

Having a strange issue in veg. Bottom leaves are thick, dark and doing a little under canoe thing. Top leaves are pale, skinny and droopy.

Never had a problem overwatering, but maybe it happened? Only other thing I can think of is they did get a couple rounds of azamax.

I dont like how these tops are looking...

I threw em a 3/4 strenth destress and gonna try to make them dry out before ge next.

unders

underclaw1.JPG

tops

these pots dont have enough dirt in em but they arent rootbound yet...i ran outta dirt..

underclaw2.JPG

It's the Azamax, most likely.

How many runs on the soil?

It's the Azamax, most likely.

How many runs on the soil?

3rd run

war on bugs update:

had a friend "convince" me to run a pot of his soil (i was dubious and not really excited aobut it but he's a good guy i wanted to throw a bone and at least give a shot ya know, no searching outside of dbhb for me tbh)...ugh...since 2 rounds of azamax a couple weeks ago, all of the dbhb plants are clean and bug free, while the one in this other concoction they are just eating it alive, i'm gonna rip it the fuck outta my room tomorrow.

There was a discussion a couple months ago about whether the evidence really shows that bugs avoid high-sugar plants. The documented evidence isn't clear. :straightface:

But once you've seen it happen in your own garden, it becomes clearer. :cheesygrinsmiley:

While healthy HB plants may be suffering from insect infestation, the weak ones get absolutely mobbed!

I remember reading an anecdote from an HB vegetable garden site. It was on some acreage where one side of the garden was high brix and the other side wasn't. The non-HB side had grasshoppers that would pop up as you walked through, and cling to pant legs. When you'd walk to the HB side, they'd drop off and head back to the non-HB side.

High-sugar plants don't smell right or look right, and they gunk up insect guts. Bugs'll eat 'em, but they'd rather not. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The totes that are stacked up off the floor are fine. The one on the cold floor must be insulated and warmed up. A half gallon of warm water with a splash of Tea will do the trick! Warm...not hot. 80 degrees or so.

Hi Doc,

I am a little unclear to your suggestion here. One kit is divided into 2 totes, so is that a half gallon per tote? And what exactly is a splash of tea? I know you have it down enough to do a quick splash, but I haven't even begun to use your kit and am a bit confused.
Honestly for right now, it would probably be easier if you would help me on the per tote requirements.

One last question, how long does it take them to recover and become usable?

Thanks

It's Doc's question to answer but I've done this a couple times, so I can speak with some experience. I have a primitive environment, including a concrete basement floor that maintains a core temp in the 50s year 'round. :laugh: Ya don' wanna leave soil bins sitting there for very long if you plan to use 'em. heheh. So, yep, I've had to revive some sleepy soil bots from time to time.

Think steamy and warm. Moisten it up enough to get greasy skin when you pull your hand out. (DON'T over-do it.) Warm the bin up as much as you can. Plunge your hand deep into the soil and rummage around in there. You want it to feel "not-cold". Lukewarm is great.

I'd expect to be able to use it within 2 weeks - doesn't take that long. Mostly, you're just waking them up. Once they get started, you're good to go - kinda like a cut rooting - once it takes, you're good.

If you have some fan leaf trim, toss that on top and check it periodically. That's as good an indicator as anything. When the soil is alive, fans will literally disappear within a week.

It's Doc's question to answer but I've done this a couple times, so I can speak with some experience. I have a primitive environment, including a concrete basement floor that maintains a core temp in the 50s year 'round. :laugh: Ya don' wanna leave soil bins sitting there for very long if you plan to use 'em. heheh. So, yep, I've had to revive some sleepy soil bots from time to time.

Think steamy and warm. Moisten it up enough to get greasy skin when you pull your hand out. (DON'T over-do it). Warm the bin up as much as you can. Plunge your hand deep into the soil and rummage around in there. You want it to feel "not-cold". Lukewarm is great.

I'd expect to be able to use it within 2 weeks - doesn't take that long. Mostly, you're just waking them up. Once they get started, you're good to go - kinda like a cut rooting - once it takes, you're good.

If you have some fan leaf trim, toss that on top and check it periodically. That's as good an indicator as anything. When the soil is alive, fans will literally disappear within a week.

Thank you,
It is always good to hear the thought process behind any action, helps me to understand what your thinking/looking for.
Did you add the tea as Doc suggest? and I am guessing you added enough water per tote to get that "greasy skin" feel.
It will be 2 to 3 weeks before I start, as I have to finish setting everything up and check the environmental conditions.
Originally I wanted to run Sannies Jack 12/12 from seed, however not having used this kit before, I think I will run something easier. I have some NL Fem seeds that I will run instead. I intend to post a journal here, and hoping everyone will walk me through it.
I believe it when everyone says it is simple, so is riding a bike. However it took a little time for me to get my balance right and take off with confidence.

:thumb:

Yes on the Tea. It just seems logical - why not distribute some new microbes into the soil? :cheesygrinsmiley: Moisten with warm water and biota, turn it into the soil, warm it up and everything comes alive.

:slide::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom