Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ya Nis, with the choices/options, i would get the BX if it's easier to get and add 5 gal's.of Perlite to the bale. Between Sunshine and Promix....always go with what's closest to our goal. Does the BX have Myco in it...or not. If not you may consider inquiring adding a bit to the mix too. But i would get the Promix. Cheers Nis , and gang. Those "complete mixes " you def. wanna stay away from OK! The Kit must be used "pure" as designed...that's when it "shines" . Cheers and Happy New Year everyone.

We have options of aggregate and complete.

Read the ingredients carefully, I cannot speak for either of those. I know some of the sunshine #4 mixes are ok. However my local shop had the sunshine advanced mix, and I purchased them for the kit. Once home I realized they contained coco, after asking here, I returned them for a BX and large bag of perlite.
I purchased HP from another nearby shop after that, which was more expensive but I had peace of mind knowing I had exactly what Doc recommended.

Edit:
Duggan , I saw your post after I posted, I would hit like and thank, but it seems I am out. :goodjob:
:420:

For the sunshine #4 mix we have a couple options to choose from here locally. There is an aggregate mix with myco and another "complete" version. $10 a bale cheaper to get it locally so hoping this is the correct one. Has anyone used the sunshine mix by any chance? Thanks again as I know I'm asking a ton of questions today. :lot-o-toke:

Sunshine will be better on the second run than on the first. Make sure you get the kind with no coco.

Thanks Doc. I may grab a kiddie pool next spring. This time it'll have to be a tarp. If that works well I'll stick with it. Something tells me I'd be smarter to mix 1/2 at a time. :laughtwo: What size cans do you use? Will a bale fill two cans?

The cans are "normal" sized garbage cans....like you'd see in a school gymnasium or a church social hall..... 40 gallons? That sounds right. I usually use two of them.

Plants at various stages of growth.

The Tangie is going crazy. I'll need a larger pot for sure next time. Incredible. I think I found my new Sativa. Also, there's some Skywalker and Paki pics below.

Picture_013236.jpg
Picture_012256.jpg
Picture_010287.jpg
Picture_009298.jpg
Picture_008301.jpg
Picture_006352.jpg
Picture_005369.jpg
Picture_004386.jpg
Picture_003393.jpg
Picture_002391.jpg
Picture_001399.jpg
Picture_009297.jpg

A Vegging Colombian getting ready for bloom. Notice the nice stem.

Picture_018163.jpg
Picture_016167.jpg

I gots a curing question. I hung my Sour Diesel a week ago. Stems were mostly snappy on Sunday and I jarred everything on Monday. My buds are dry for sure, maybe even too dry. I have one fan leaf in each jar as I just harvested my blue dream 2 days ago. I work right next to a smoke shop full of Boveda packs. Anyone here use the Bovedas? My guy gave me a pack but it's 62% and I am unsure if that's too high. I am unsure if it would even rehydrate my stash.[/QUO

I use them all the time and they work well. To save money you can rehydrate them by setting them near sitting water in a closed container, they are two-way humidipaks. Then put them back with the nugs.

I think 5 Gavitas would work in that space. Will you be on trays? You've got a high ceiling so you can put your plants at a level where you don't have to bend over all the time.

High Brix is an incredible soil growing method. It will work for SCROG no problem.

That's an amazing endorsement of the Gavitas. 192 sq/ft for 5000w+ is a lot of coverage without movers. I want the Gavitas so we'll work with that and locate the lights central to the scrog canopies.

Also, I feel like a putz, but where are your kits listed at Doc Bud?

That's an amazing endorsement of the Gavitas. 192 sq/ft for 5000w+ is a lot of coverage without movers. I want the Gavitas so we'll work with that and locate the lights central to the scrog canopies.

Also, I feel like a putz, but where are your kits listed at Doc Bud?

Basilea, welcome!

Doc will send you a private message. :welcome:

Sue, I've used 2 of the heavy duty totes (27-29 gallon..black with yellow/orange lids) to store a full bale of mixed soil.
the tote tops were what i used for my SWICK. :)

edit: to insert 2

The cans are "normal" sized garbage cans....like you'd see in a school gymnasium or a church social hall..... 40 gallons? That sounds right. I usually use two of them.

Thank you gentleman. Ziggy, I read that and thought "Of course!" :laughtwo: I may have two totes that size I can play with. Good. No more shopping, just mixing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Small pot Brix grow observation.
The 2 gl pot had a lot of 3/16" holes around the bottom half. And it had a slightly larger pot about 2/3 as high that acted as the soaking/reservoir pot.

The Black Cream Auto was harvested and I shook the dirt off of the root ball.
I was amazed how big it was and how full of small hairy roots much like in the 7gl bags.
No big roots circling around either. I'm guessing the holes acted similar to bags or air pots.

This plant is a real runt if anyone looking for a compact plant.

Small pot Brix grow observation.
The 2 gl pot had a lot of 3/16" holes around the bottom half. And it had a slightly larger pot about 2/3 as high that acted as the soaking/reservoir pot.

The Black Cream Auto was harvested and I shook the dirt off of the root ball.
I was amazed how big it was and how full of small hairy roots much like in the 7gl bags.
No big roots circling around either. I'm guessing the holes acted similar to bags or air pots.

This plant is a real runt if anyone looking for a compact plant.

Would it have been less runty in a larger pot? :hmmmm:

I'm impressed it went so well in such a small pot. :bravo: DrZiggy had success too, but from my experience, they're especially touchy. Plants'll get fugly fast with so little of this soil.

Thank you gentleman. Ziggy, I read that and thought "Of course!" :laughtwo: I may have two totes that size I can play with. Good. No more shopping, just mixing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Sue, morning to ya,...ya with your mixing job comin up....just use your tarp , and a square shovel...that's how i do it ....you seen me mixing?...works awesome and is very easy to clean up after. cheers Sue and gang!:circle-of-love:

Hey Sue, morning to ya,...ya with your mixing job comin up....just use your tarp , and a square shovel...that's how i do it ....you seen me mixing?...works awesome and is very easy to clean up after. cheers Sue and gang!:circle-of-love:

Yeah Duggan, I've been playing around with how to mix this best, since it has to be done indoors, and I live in an apartment. Ahhh.... the joyful challenges of the cannabis cultivator. :laughtwo: I'm headed out to the local Dollar General to get a good tarp now. Thankfully, I have that big open space in my living room to spread it out in.

Don't have a shovel yet. I have strong arms. :cheesygrinsmiley: Looking forward to getting this done. Don't you all just love playing in the dirt? Go ahead and admit it. We all feel like kids part of the time when we do this. I mean really, how lucky are we? :love:

I'll post a picture later. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom