Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, getting close to harvest time. I take into considering breeders stated flowering time, condition of the pistils and trichs, decrease in water consumption, single bladed leaves, etc.

This time around I looked closer than I usually do at the trichs on the underside (back) of the sugar leaves. Among other things, I've noticed that the trichs are larger and sometimes more plentiful than those on the topside of the leaf, but, more importantly, they seem to be more immature than those on top.

Whereas the top trichs are, for example, 70-75% cloudy, most of the trichs on the undersides are still mostly clear. Just wondered what your thoughts were regarding this. Mike

I really don't pay much attention to the triches. Harvest when the buds are mature, swelled up, etc.

My favorite part of the harvest is the sugar leaves....probably because of all the different triches.

Hey gang,
Happy Saturday! I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures of my lady friends in early flower.

Cheers

GDP:
420-magazine-mobile1373880719.jpg

Delicious Candy:
420-magazine-mobile944641946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is that Delicious Seeds - Cheese Candy, Aruu?

If so, I'd like to get off my ass and show you pics of the two pheno's I have going--both look different (more afghanica/indica showing?) than what you have, but each has been KILLER in the past! Would be curious to compare notes.

-Stoney

Doc, getting close to harvest time. I take into considering breeders stated flowering time, condition of the pistils and trichs, decrease in water consumption, single bladed leaves, etc.

This time around I looked closer than I usually do at the trichs on the underside (back) of the sugar leaves. Among other things, I've noticed that the trichs are larger and sometimes more plentiful than those on the topside of the leaf, but, more importantly, they seem to be more immature than those on top.

Whereas the top trichs are, for example, 70-75% cloudy, most of the trichs on the undersides are still mostly clear. Just wondered what your thoughts were regarding this. Mike

My thought Mike, was that you're getting a much richer mix of cannabinoids than I'd considered. From a medicinal point of view this made my heart skip a little beat. :laughtwo: Thanks for sharing that. Off down another rabbit hole, but this one intrigues me. I'll have to ask Gigi about her thoughts.

I believe I'll take your thought over to the study hall and see if anyone has had testing that might shed some light.

The Critical Cheese was and is amazing!! (a year later its so fruity still..:thumb: )

DrZiggy's 2nd Journal - ACE Seeds - Doc Buds High Brix Kit - LEDs

I made seeds with some great other genetics.

I should order more

I have an upcoming seed order in the wings. This one and Blue Dream are pounding away to be in that order. I've had a couple members lately say the Blue Dream was their favorite to date. Awesome recommendations. I'll look closer at the Critical Cheese.

I still haven't grown a cheese. That's so wrong. I'll have to see to that this year.

I have an upcoming seed order in the wings. This one and Blue Dream are pounding away to be in that order. I've had a couple members lately say the Blue Dream was their favorite to date. Awesome recommendations. I'll look closer at the Critical Cheese.

I still haven't grown a cheese. That's so wrong. I'll have to see to that this year.

several members here have grown BD with Docs HB Kit

BD was nice in the kit soil. I highly recommend Lemon Garlic OG, the pheno I had of it was by far the nicest, tastiest buds I've grown. Moonshine ghost train haze seems to also really dig the soil, more so than other strains I've grown.

Blue dream:

bluedream15.jpg

several members here have grown BD with Docs HB Kit

personally i was unimpressed. Maybe to much hype about how good it was going to be, but it didn't make it to my top ten.

however, it may have needed more time.

one of our main disagreements was when to harvest. Half the time we had to pick early because my partner smoked so much, one crop wouldn't last him till the next was ready. He rarely smoked anything that had a time to really cure.

I still have one bean left and hoping I'll do better with her than the previous two.
She is on deck after I do my WW seed making project.

as far as Cheese, I have only grown CBD Seeds Cheese and it is real real good. #3 on my list
and I have crossed it with my infamous widow and it's fantastic.

personally i was unimpressed. Maybe to much hype about how good it was going to be, but it didn't make it to my top ten.

however, it may have needed more time.

one of our main disagreements was when to harvest. Half the time we had to pick early because my partner smoked so much, one crop wouldn't last him till the next was ready. He rarely smoked anything that had a time to really cure.

I still have one bean left and hoping I'll do better with her than the previous two.
She is on deck after I do my WW seed making project.
Tell your partner to harvest their half and wait until yours is matured all the way. Underdone weed is wasted weed IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel using 420

I ran BD in kit soil. It produced really well and everyone that tried really liked it. But personally, I thought it was only "o.k."...and it went full term and cured. I still have a few beans of it left, but they'll stay in the seed vault for another year looks like.

20170123_141032_1_.jpg
20170123_140653_1_.jpg
mqdefault1.jpg
20170123_135803_1_.jpg
Just pulled a random bud for my first bud photo, wanted to show foxtailing . Seems to look like a deer or yorkie ? 24k gold reg ( reg-thats' what the original dna shipper bag says ) believe it or not, cause a few were males and I called DNA about the package saying reg but they never answer. :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: I like the way the deer looks like it's licking it's chops !:ganjamon: My last coco grow sortof, taste just not same as soil ! :peacetwo: Wow I must be stoned again !

20170123_132248_1_.jpg
20170123_135828_1_.jpg
20170123_140616_1_.jpg
20170124_072416_1_.jpg
20170124_072453_1_.jpg
20170124_093616_1_.jpg
20170124_093743_1_.jpg
A square grouper is nice to find, save the bails !

Don't you just hate when you forget to turn the fans or lights back on!!

:thedoubletake:

good eyes overlord ! Hey, what does 420 mean ? I,m going to start an experiment and see what Sweet Sues deliberate waking will do for these young children although they have little stress to worry about. Maybe wake them up with pleasant music a bit before lights on. Country chick music maybe ! My mistake with the fan turned into positive energy elsewhere and did little to hurt my plants because of their strong ECS already ! :nicethread: gotta go , wife calls have a great day everybody, gonna take a long vacation.

So, when you vaporize all you have left is the bud. Its useless after a couple of vapes. So telling people not to pay attention to the trichomes is really bad info. If you take away those and just have bud you really have nothing. So that's my opinion. Well, really it's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom