Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

good eyes overlord ! Hey, what does 420 mean ? I,m going to start an experiment and see what Sweet Sues deliberate waking will do for these young children although they have little stress to worry about. Maybe wake them up with pleasant music a bit before lights on. Country chick music maybe ! My mistake with the fan turned into positive energy elsewhere and did little to hurt my plants because of their strong ECS already ! :nicethread: gotta go , wife calls have a great day everybody, gonna take a long vacation.

420 means I sometimes forget the same things, glad there was no harm to your girls.

:420:

I have an upcoming seed order in the wings. This one and Blue Dream are pounding away to be in that order. I've had a couple members lately say the Blue Dream was their favorite to date. Awesome recommendations. I'll look closer at the Critical Cheese.

I still haven't grown a cheese. That's so wrong. I'll have to see to that this year.
Sweet Sue, first, tell me about "study hall". I must have missed this. (Do you mean the SH in your sig?). Also, who is Gigi?

Second, I cut a Blue Dream yesterday and another coming down tomorrow. My first time growing BD I let it go a little long. Test results were THC 15.0, CBD 0.8, CBG 1.4 %. To be honest, it's not my favorite. Perhaps due to harvesting it late. It takes a few minutes to hit, then I get a somewhat uncomfortable rush, but it smooths out quickly into a smooth body stone. Not real intense and it doesn't last long.

Having said that, I am really looking forward to this crop as the resin production is outstanding and I believe I've cut it at the right time. Here's some pics. First two are from yesterday. The last two are from the plant I will cut tomorrow. They're high res, so blow them up <smile>

image19135.jpeg
image19134.jpeg
image19133.jpeg
image19132.jpeg

my Northern Light,
I might have to rename her Northern Gold, Gold Light, or Yellow Light - smoke with caution :rofl:

even a struggling brix plant is a strong survivor
she is very yellow, yet still healthy type structure
I flushed her 4 days ago and the buds seem to be way frostier

MG30_NL_d90_ad.jpg
MG30_NL_dt90_td.jpg
MG30_NL_bud_90e.jpg

I'm planning my next grow and thinking about doing SOG with multiple plants per pot. Reason is that I grow to make oil for cancer treatment. I realized after making last batch of oil that buds from my last SOG grow produced a lot more oil per ounce.

Has anyone done SOG with the kit?

oh no Doc, sorry I should have made note of it being an unorthobrix brix grow

unorthodox last few runs. It has been amended with non kit ingredients since run 4 if I remember correct.
surprisingly it's way stickier than usual.

the first amendment with non kit nutes was very good, but
each successive time I amended with the non kit stuff, they got less brix perfect, but still good
Still seemed to pray up a lot, but more yellowing each grow.
I figured I'd use it till this happened and now it did. :rip:

my lesson learned use proper amendment, cut with fresh soil or cook new batch of soil.
you can point to this as what happens when experimentation goes awry.:oops:

I'm planning my next grow and thinking about doing SOG with multiple plants per pot. Reason is that I grow to make oil for cancer treatment. I realized after making last batch of oil that buds from my last SOG grow produced a lot more oil per ounce.

I keep wanting to but my plant limits kinda make it hard so when I get creative it usually is a SCROG which has always turned out very well. Duggan has grown multiple plants in the same pot several times with great results so its doable for sure and I assume better than multiple very small SOG pots with our live soil. :thumb: My plan was to do 6 or 8 in a single 30gal bin but have never got around to it.

I did just flip two GDP plants that have only vegged 4 weeks since planting from aero cloner clone. I up-potted them into 5gal softies and flipped right away after they had four weeks in 1gal veg pots. This will be my first time trying a grow like this I usually veg them a long time and grow fewer big plants but this should be quite similar to a SOG except with only two plants and probably a touch longer veg time than a normal SOG grow would be.

I've grown multiple plants(12 plants in 4 pots) in same pots, no SOG, grew great!! :thumb:
they were 10g fabrics..

edit: they were 4 differently filled pots with 3 of same strains in each pot. :thumb:

Hi Everyone, Has anyone had experience growing Greenhouse Seeds Super Silver Haze?

This is my first attempt growing SSH and it appears that I have two very different phenos. I've seen different phenos before in other strains, albeit not as diverse as these two, so my experience (withs phenos) is limited. Just wondering what others have experienced with this strain. Do either of these look similar to what you've grown?

Both from seed, both the same age, same HB nutes, soil, etc. Both were vegged for six weeks, topped once and LSTed into four primary colas. Today is day 60 of 12/12, under LEDs.

As you can see, they are very different. The wild, bushy one was measured at 48" from the rim of the pot on day 24 of 12/12. It was growing to close to the lights, so I LSTed the tops and stopped measuring it. I did do another measurement (60") as best I could after it seemed to stop. since then it's grown sideways and I can't get my arms around it!

Finally, I'm thinking of changing the lights to 13/11 or even 14/10 in the hopes it will finish before next Christmas! LOL! Thanks.
IMG_055646.JPG
IMG_055754.JPG

Hi Everyone, Has anyone had experience growing Greenhouse Seeds Super Silver Haze?

This is my first attempt growing SSH and it appears that I have two very different phenos. I've seen different phenos before in other strains, albeit not as diverse as these two, so my experience (withs phenos) is limited. Just wondering what others have experienced with this strain. Do either of these look similar to what you've grown?

Both from seed, both the same age, same HB nutes, soil, etc. Both were vegged for six weeks, topped once and LSTed into four primary colas. Today is day 60 of 12/12, under LEDs.

As you can see, they are very different. The wild, bushy one was measured at 48" from the rim of the pot on day 24 of 12/12. It was growing to close to the lights, so I LSTed the tops and stopped measuring it. I did do another measurement (60") as best I could after it seemed to stop. since then it's grown sideways and I can't get my arms around it!

Finally, I'm thinking of changing the lights to 13/11 or even 14/10 in the hopes it will finish before next Christmas! LOL! Thanks.
IMG_055646.JPG
IMG_055754.JPG

you've been 'Sativa'd!' :)

it will be worth the wait im sure...
try the 10/14...kick terps into gear you might not get with more light

IMG_055646.JPG
IMG_055754.JPG

Hey there MedMan...yes , I do have a lot of experience with SSH....waddaya wanna know?

Looks like a tough strain to grow but I have some free seeds. Is it worth the effort?

Sent from my Pixel using 420

It's only a tough strain to grow if you don't have lots of room up top , or lots of time to wait for it. The buds and colas produced by that strain are very large , potent and tasty,...but ya gotta be ready for a long Bloom time and have loads of patience OK! Cheers and good luck. It 'l work out for ya if you are only doing that strain and no other at the same time , unless the others are long blooming Sat's too.:high-five:

It's only a tough strain to grow if you don't have lots of room up top , or lots of time to wait for it. The buds and colas produced by that strain are very large , potent and tasty,...but ya gotta be ready for a long Bloom time and have loads of patience OK! Cheers and good luck. It 'l work out for ya if you are only doing that strain and no other at the same time , unless the others are long blooming Sat's too.:high-five:
I have about 7ft of vertical space. About how much do they stretch? 3x their height? 4x?

I have about 7ft of vertical space. About how much do they stretch? 3x their height? 4x?

Strains like that never stop growing sometimes. The best way to grow them, IMO, is 11/13 from seed. Or, start 12/12 from seed and then go to 11/13 a month later.

Vegging them on 16 to 18 hours of light produces conditions which these strains would NEVER see in the wild, and it causes them to do wild things.....like single bladed leaves and cola's that grow longer, not fatter, etc. Smoke is epic, despite weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom