Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Welcome back Doc! We missed ya, but glad you got some chillin time.

In the basic kit instructions, it states that all drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz. per 6 plants.

Does the plants size determine at what rate the drenches are mixed?

For example a small plant in veg, the drench would be 1/2oz per 6 plants. Increasing the mixing rate as the plants get bigger?

Thank you much sir!
DL

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

(We feed soil life, not plants.)

It's a common paradigm shift for HB newbies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So yup, same drench/soil ratio.

Grey, you got it down

Welcome back Doc! We missed ya, but glad you got some chillin time.

In the basic kit instructions, it states that all drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz. per 6 plants.

Does the plants size determine at what rate the drenches are mixed?

For example a small plant in veg, the drench would be 1/2oz per 6 plants. Increasing the mixing rate as the plants get bigger?

Thank you much sir!
DL

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Yup! What Graytail said. We want to maintain soil energy right around 400egs throughout the grow, sprinting past 550 on drenches, and dipping as low as 200 as the plant's metabolism slows or if it has really efficient roots and thrives on lower energy soil.

You'll get the hang of that once you get your first crop in the zone.

Let's get this thread back on track..

Here's some moonshines ghost train with ~30 days left to go in Doc Bud's soil

IMG_20170326_175734.jpg

IMG_20170326_175713.jpg

I hereby bestow upon you the order of "loose associate," and simultaneously also proclaim you a misfit, Ne'r-do-well and Bud Washer. As evidence of High Brix Snobbery, I present your Mooshine's Ghost Train seen above.

Congratulations, :goodjob::cheer::goodluck:

Let's get this thread back on track..

Here's some moonshines ghost train with ~30 days left to go in Doc Bud's soil

IMG_20170326_175734.jpg

IMG_20170326_175713.jpg

That moonshines ghost train is looking extraordinary!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yup! What Graytail said. We want to maintain soil energy right around 400egs throughout the grow, sprinting past 550 on drenches, and dipping as low as 200 as the plant's metabolism slows or if it has really efficient roots and thrives on lower energy soil.

You'll get the hang of that once you get your first crop in the zone.

Thanks Gray & Doc!

I want to refine my understanding at bit more...

"So yup, same drench/soil ratio."

The instructions give a range of drench (1/2oz to 1 1/2 oz) per 6 plants. It doesn't reference how much soil those 6 plant are in. During the veg cycle mine were in six 1 gallon pots, now in flower they are in six 15 gallon pots. That's 6 gallons of soil total in veg and 90 gallons of soil total in flower.

Does the drench ratio change when there is more soil to feed?

(3/4 oz of GE in 2 gals of H2O for veg is a stronger concentration than 3/4 oz of GE in 18 gals of H2O for later bloom drench...see my confusion?)

One last nerdy question...

Doc do you calculate your soil's EGS using an EC meter?

With many thanks,

DL

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Gray & Doc!

I want to refine my understanding at bit more...

"So yup, same drench/soil ratio."

The instructions give a range of drench (1/2oz to 1 1/2 oz) per 6 plants. It doesn't reference how much soil those 6 plant are in. During the veg cycle mine were in six 1 gallon pots, now in flower they are in six 15 gallon pots. That's 6 gallons of soil total in veg and 90 gallons of soil total in flower.

Does the drench ratio change when there is more soil to feed?

(3/4 oz of GE in 2 gals of H2O for veg is a stronger concentration than 3/4 oz of GE in 18 gals of H2O for later bloom drench...see my confusion?)

One last nerdy question...

Doc do you calculate your soil's EGS using an EC meter?

With many thanks,

DL

DL.....I should have spelled it ERGS. There is a probe used for that....a fancy voltage meter to be precise. Not needed for the ordinary gardener.

The drench listings are for 6 plants....essentially 6 gallon of water. The same ratio is used for veg....but not the same amount of water.

Remember to double the drench amounts when dunking. I'll be doing some videos on this, because no matter how I write it, there is always confusion.

DL.....I should have spelled it ERGS. There is a probe used for that....a fancy voltage meter to be precise. Not needed for the ordinary gardener.

The drench listings are for 6 plants....essentially 6 gallon of water. The same ratio is used for veg....but not the same amount of water.

Remember to double the drench amounts when dunking. I'll be doing some videos on this, because no matter how I write it, there is always confusion.

Thanks Doc,

I see...so regardless of the amount of soil and water needed to fully wet it, the amount of GE, TP, etc stays the same, and yes I have been doubling the amount of kit products when I dunk'em, and using straight distilled water in between drenches.

So in veg they are getting a higher concentration of kit products in the water, as there is less water.

DL

The videos are very helpful Doc, Thanks

So in veg they are getting a higher concentration of kit products in the water, as there is less water.

DL

When dunking in veg, the concentration is exactly double. Other than that, it is the same.

For example: today I'll be dunking veg plants in 2 buckets with 2 gallons in each bucket.....4 gallons total. I'll use 1 oz of GE in a bucket along with 3 mils of Tea and 4 gallons of water. After mixing it up, I'll pour half of it into another bucket and start dunking plants.

If I was feeding 4 plants in bloom, I'd use maybe .5 to .75 oz GE in the same 4 gallons of water to feed. Why? because when dunking not all the water stay in the pot, but in bloom with saucers, all of it stay in there......

When you get the hang of it, you'll just kinda know what to do. Become one with the soil.

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

When dunking in veg, the concentration is exactly double. Other than that, it is the same.

For example: today I'll be dunking veg plants in 2 buckets with 2 gallons in each bucket.....4 gallons total. I'll use 1 oz of GE in a bucket along with 3 mils of Tea and 4 gallons of water. After mixing it up, I'll pour half of it into another bucket and start dunking plants.

If I was feeding 4 plants in bloom, I'd use maybe .5 to .75 oz GE in the same 4 gallons of water to feed. Why? because when dunking not all the water stay in the pot, but in bloom with saucers, all of it stay in there......

When you get the hang of it, you'll just kinda know what to do. Become one with the soil.

Thanks for the clarification Doc.

Lol. I like that... "become one with the soil"

I guess I'm in Brix Jedi training..."use the brix...young Lemontree...become one with the soil."

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom