Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

image7859.jpg
Ok, according to the directions:
What is included in the kit:

1.)Soil amendment. Minerals, plant food, etc. There is one large bag of this marked, “Amendment”

2.)Soil re-charge. Similar to the amendment but with a a few additions. There is a bag marked “re-charge.)

3.)Root Mycorrhizal inoculate
This is added to the transplant hole, or the hole where seeds are germinated. This bag is marked “Root Zone.”

4.)8 oz foliar spray “Brix”

5.) 8 oz foliar spray called “Stress”

6.) 6 oz fertilizer called, “Energy”

7.) 1 oz soil conditioner called, “Conditioner.”

1 oz concentrated microbial boost called “Tea”

4 oz Organic Nutrient Extract, called “transplant”

2 oz foliar spray "Bug and Pest"**

2 oz root drench "Cationic Drench"**

This is what I got for 4 kits:
2 bags of amend x 2
1 large bag of recharge
Root zone with the extra I ordered for quick start
4 bottles brix
4 bottles de-stress
3 bottles growth energy
So far everything looks right, but there is no conditioner
I got 1 bottle of tea
Transplant I got 4 bottles, same as brix and de-stress but from the directions I thought it would be half unless I am to use that much extra transplant for quick start plants.
I did not get any bug and pest, not too worried about that for bugs but I believe you said it does something else as well.
And finally I got 1 bottle cationic drench.
Not sure if you have made any recent changes, I read the whole in the lab thread a few times but this one is too long to go all the way through it. Not sure if I can start cooking soil without conditioner.

image7859.jpg
Ok, according to the directions:
What is included in the kit:

1.)Soil amendment. Minerals, plant food, etc. There is one large bag of this marked, “Amendment”

2.)Soil re-charge. Similar to the amendment but with a a few additions. There is a bag marked “re-charge.)

3.)Root Mycorrhizal inoculate
This is added to the transplant hole, or the hole where seeds are germinated. This bag is marked “Root Zone.”

4.)8 oz foliar spray “Brix”

5.) 8 oz foliar spray called “Stress”

6.) 6 oz fertilizer called, “Energy”

7.) 1 oz soil conditioner called, “Conditioner.”

1 oz concentrated microbial boost called “Tea”

4 oz Organic Nutrient Extract, called “transplant”

2 oz foliar spray "Bug and Pest"**

2 oz root drench "Cationic Drench"**

This is what I got for 4 kits:
2 bags of amend x 2
1 large bag of recharge
Root zone with the extra I ordered for quick start
4 bottles brix
4 bottles de-stress
3 bottles growth energy
So far everything looks right, but there is no conditioner
I got 1 bottle of tea
Transplant I got 4 bottles, same as brix and de-stress but from the directions I thought it would be half unless I am to use that much extra transplant for quick start plants.
I did not get any bug and pest, not too worried about that for bugs but I believe you said it does something else as well.
And finally I got 1 bottle cationic drench.
Not sure if you have made any recent changes, I read the whole in the lab thread a few times but this one is too long to go all the way through it. Not sure if I can start cooking soil without conditioner.

I posted a while back on the "In the Lab" thread (I think) that I wasn't using conditioner anymore. It's included in the amendment now. No worries, just carry on without the conditioner. It works even better this way.

The extra Transplant is because we're all starting to use more of it now and I didn't want you to run out.

Bug and Pest I'm carrying, but not shipping with the kit anymore because it's not compatible with a sulfur burner.

I believe you'll find 8oz of Cat Drench enough to do this run and most of next.....

Yep, it's all there! You're good to go!

Look for new instructions soon. They won't be much different than the current ones, but hopefully they'll be simpler. My labels will come back from the printer next week.

:Rasta:Thank you Doc :) I like the bottles, they may look generic but none of the caps leaked at all. I was ordering nutes online before and didn't like the caps, always leaked. I'm going to get my soil cooking now.

Hey cannabis that's a sick picture!!!mad kits lol well I finally just ordered my kit and obv can't wait to take the journey into HI brix!!! Thanks doc go get some Damn sleep lol after u send my kit of course. Stay green :bigtoke::thanks:

Hey cannabis that's a sick picture!!!mad kits lol well I finally just ordered my kit and obv can't wait to take the journey into HI brix!!! Thanks doc go get some Damn sleep lol after u send my kit of course. Stay green :bigtoke::thanks:
Ahhhhh.......I remember my first kit! lol.

WOW to both is all i can say...tell your boy his stuff looks great and great job aswell:peace:

Those bottle labels look really cool too!! i look forward to getting my next bottles soon with the new image:cheer:

Doc, when you have time would you look at these seedlings and voice an opinion? The first pic (two seedlings) leaves have drooped considerably in the last couple of days. They both looked like the seedling in the second pic (different strains) They are in Root Riot cubes in an old (sterilized) germination tray. All three seeds were germinated in ptowels and placed in the cubes on the same day. All three cubes are showing the main tap root emerging from the bottom of the cube (the white string growing on the single pic was something that was in the cube to begin with. No idea what it is...) I keep the cubes moist with a tablespoon or so of filtered water every other day/as needed. Temps are 70-80 F N/D and Rh is running 35-40% After the first true leaves showed, I put them under 400W of CFL 24 hrs. at a distance of approx. 2ft. Thoughts? PS - would you remind me of your current thinking for foliar feeding seedlings? I've looked but can't find it - remember something about ¼ strength of Transplant? or was it Engergy? Thanks.
IMG_019528.JPG

Doc, when you have time would you look at these seedlings and voice an opinion? The first pic (two seedlings) leaves have drooped considerably in the last couple of days. They both looked like the seedling in the second pic (different strains) They are in Root Riot cubes in an old (sterilized) germination tray. All three seeds were germinated in ptowels and placed in the cubes on the same day. All three cubes are showing the main tap root emerging from the bottom of the cube (the white string growing on the single pic was something that was in the cube to begin with. No idea what it is...) I keep the cubes moist with a tablespoon or so of filtered water every other day/as needed. Temps are 70-80 F N/D and Rh is running 35-40% After the first true leaves showed, I put them under 400W of CFL 24 hrs. at a distance of approx. 2ft. Thoughts? PS - would you remind me of your current thinking for foliar feeding seedlings? I've looked but can't find it - remember something about ¼ strength of Transplant? or was it Engergy? Thanks.
IMG_019528.JPG

Let those cubes dry out! Water the bottom of the tray, not the cubes themselves. If you keep them wet, you'll damage the roots and possibly get Pythium. (Damping off) Also, your rH is too low and your temps are too high.

I do not recommend starting seeds in paper towels. Well, that's not technically correct. A more true statement would be "Starting seeds in paper towels is a bad idea."

Are using a kit? If so, please follow the directions! They recommend starting seeds in dirt. If you don't have a kit, still start your seeds in dirt! If you don't have dirt, please go to a hydro guy for advice, as I'm not well versed in that medium.

As for environment, here's the rule of thumb for seeds:

Temps 72-76 will give more females
Humidity should be 50-60
Soak seeds in clean water for 12 hours. Do NOT let them sprout or crack open in the water!
Plant them about 1/4 inch deep in moistened soil, with some kind of myko/rock powder innoculant in and around the hole.
Gently cover them and leave 'em alone!

Doc, thanks. Originally decided to start the grow without the kit (couldn't wait the five weeks or so to obtain/cook the soil, etc.) Went ahead with p/ towel and root riot (recommended by local hyrdo store).Ordered kit, but to late to properly start these seeds. So, I now have the kit and am following it, working on the environment of the grow room, etc. I'll implement your suggestions and will let you know.

Doc, thanks. Originally decided to start the grow without the kit (couldn't wait the five weeks or so to obtain/cook the soil, etc.) Went ahead with p/ towel and root riot (recommended by local hyrdo store).Ordered kit, but to late to properly start these seeds. So, I now have the kit and am following it, working on the environment of the grow room, etc. I'll implement your suggestions and will let you know.

Please promise me you'll never start seeds in the paper towel again! It's just not a good idea, for many reasons.

Hey Doc, I was wondering if you had any info on this. I have been trying to find out what is in PGR from "the lab" and have been unable to get any information. Do you know what the ingredients are or have a MSDS from "the lab" that shows what is in PGR. I mainly just want to make sure that there are no Synthetic hormones in PGR. From what the website says, it seems to be all naturally derived from seaweed, but it really doesn't specify either.

I tried writing the company an email...no reply..

I even called them the other day, spoke with a rep who didn't know and she said someone would call me back or email me, but never got a response...

I really just want to make sure there are non of the "banned" hormones or PGR's in the product...do you know any details since you have been in close contact with "the Lab"?

I have also inquired and haven't heard anything back. Had my soil tested and ordered my amendments. None of the bottles come with an ingredients list. No response via email. They're probably pretty small businesses honestly, and the dudes are old fashioned so I don't think they use email very often. I know these guys are operating ethical businesses, but it sure would be nice to know what stuff we're putting in our plants. If for nothing else, to know how and why to use them, and when to apply them.

I have also inquired and haven't heard anything back. Had my soil tested and ordered my amendments. None of the bottles come with an ingredients list. No response via email. They're probably pretty small businesses honestly, and the dudes are old fashioned so I don't think they use email very often. I know these guys are operating ethical businesses, but it sure would be nice to know what stuff we're putting in our plants. If for nothing else, to know how and why to use them, and when to apply them.

I think you are right as far as them being small, but also small business or not, they should make sure to keep customers happy regarding questions about their products and keeping up with responses. I like their products for the most part, and the results I am getting in regards to brix numbers are off the chart (16-24 brix while my plants are still in veg!) but it does make me less willing to do future business with a company that doesn't cater to their customers questions and needs.

I originally called them, even before my order to ask questions and nobody ever responded to voicemails or email...If it wasn't for 420 magazine and our members who have vouched for the products quality, I wouldn't have ordered because being that I have worked for tons of companies in sales and customer support in the past, this is the wrong way to encourage new business... OH well, their products still rock and the world isn't perfect :) and no 3rd arms or extra eyebrows growing yet so I guess were good :) lol, Let me know if you hear anything back from them tenderchicken. I have to say their products are really awesome and my plants so far look the healthiest they have ever been :)

Hey Doc, I was wondering if you had any info on this. I have been trying to find out what is in PGR from "the lab" and have been unable to get any information. Do you know what the ingredients are or have a MSDS from "the lab" that shows what is in PGR. I mainly just want to make sure that there are no Synthetic hormones in PGR. From what the website says, it seems to be all naturally derived from seaweed, but it really doesn't specify either.

I tried writing the company an email...no reply..

I even called them the other day, spoke with a rep who didn't know and she said someone would call me back or email me, but never got a response...

I really just want to make sure there are non of the "banned" hormones or PGR's in the product...do you know any details since you have been in close contact with "the Lab"?

I assure you there is nothing the least bit "banned" or synthetic in PGR!

The reason many of you aren't getting a response is because they are freaked out because they are in a non-legal state and people are calling them/writing them saying all kinds of stuff. One guy even went so far as to say, "Can I get the Doc Bud amendment? He grows dank."

I'll find out exactly what's in it and get back to you if I can, but I'm 100% sure it's safe in every way.

I'm not sure what lab you're referring to, but the lab I use has ingredients listed on all products. They use email, the web, smart phones, tractors, sprayers, GPS, all manner of fancy lab equipment. I don't know what you mean by "old fashioned" but the guys I use are definitely up-to-date in every way.

If you want to learn how and when to use them, you should listen to me.

If you want to be frustrated, realize that you're asking people in a state where it is illegal to grow your particular crop to help you. That puts them in a tough spot, don't you think?

I'll soon be the "official" rep for folks that do what we do. I'll be re-branding and re-formulating products to be used in a legal manner without the worries that many of you are causing them.

How do they know you're a weed grower? It's easy. They realize that they're talking to someone who is 100% ignorant of farming vocabulary and techniques and who is evasive about the crop they're growing and asks questions like "how much of this stuff should I use to feed my plants?"

Farmers use titration tables, spraying rigs, broadcast spreaders and the like. These products are designed for farmers/growers who use modern technology. The reason you don't get an answer is because:

1. They are worried about the legality of helping someone grow an illegal crop.
2. They are used to dealing in acres, not gallons.
3. They work with Titration tables, not Mils/gallon.

Back
Top Bottom