Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, good day! All i said was in response to you "tweeking" the kit a little, for our plant. Since my plants are just starting to flower now,is there any tips for this strain...to bring out it's fine genetics?I know to start giving them some sulpher via epsome salts,but is there anything else that you may have given the "kit" i could try? I want the absolute, maximum flavour from them.So far in the last while ,the feeding schedule has been this...energy/tea,water,water,transplant water,?? Just to let you know what they have had .Any thoughts? Cheers!

Doc, good day! All i said was in response to you "tweeking" the kit a little, for our plant. Since my plants are just starting to flower now,is there any tips for this strain...to bring out it's fine genetics?I know to start giving them some sulpher via epsome salts,but is there anything else that you may have given the "kit" i could try? I want the absolute, maximum flavour from them.So far in the last while ,the feeding schedule has been this...energy/tea,water,water,transplant water,?? Just to let you know what they have had .Any thoughts? Cheers!

Well, so far you're doing perfect. When do they bloom?

You'll want to Cat Drench when they bloom, per instructions. Also, the instructions mention using Transplant water when transplanting.....that's a feeding.

I wouldn't use the Epsom salts unless you start to see "taco" looking leaves. Most strains don't require it, those that do don't need much. And using it when not needed won't help.

Doc...they have just started to form clusters,flip was 10 days ago,so they have just started.The leaves look good, so no tacoing or any other stuff. I 'l hold off on the epsome salts until,and if they need it,great tip,thanks.What would you give them next Doc? The cat drench is about two weeks away ,according to the "instructions".I just want to make sure i do it ALL right ya know.The package with the transplant and energy got here on thurs. ,so it was waiting for me when i got back from Jamaica, so thanks again! Later!

All good my friend. And your passion comes through loud and clear, along with several others of us.

BTW, PGR is not recommended for the "backyard" program. It's one of the industrial sprays, sold through the fertilizer brokerage. That's why it was difficult for you to get info. But it's simple: it's made from kelp extract and trace minerals. Nothing more. All natural, and VERY strong!

If I were using the T and J soil, the only spray I'd use would be Bloomit, and I'd only use that in early bloom

Yeah my plan with the T and J and the "labs" products is this... Been using PGR+Amaze all through veg, along with T and J foliar sprays. I do this every 4-5 days, switching a spray every other time....so 1x its TandJ, next its "the lab combo" and so on. I switched the Amaze for Bloomit last week since I just flipped to flowering and I understand that bloomit should be used during the stretch to help force bloom. After the stretch is over I plan on going back to the amaze+pgr combo alternated with the T and J.... Does this sound about right?

Also, how far into flowering do you recommend spraying the ladies...?

****I also add Yucca extract to all the foliar feedings as well as a few drops of Dr Bronners organic soap, and to "the labs" sprays I have been adding Advanced Nutrients organcic B and cold pressed seaweed (since the Labs website did encourage the addition of vitamin b and additional seaweed.

.......................Does this sound about right?

No....it doesn't sound right. It sounds crispy and yellow.

The T and J soil is too high in potassium for starters. Also, they are all organic fertlizer which means the soil is always going to be in "bloom" mode. Salts and ERGs will be high as well. Amaze is slightly growth oriented. PGR is completely growth oriented. Mixing this with soil that is permanently reproductive won't really help anything except maybe to bulk up a bit. But any result along those lines will pale in comparison to a soil that can be switched from negative ions back to positive. Can't do that in T and J.

Using a foliar spray on top of all that will cause problems, namely too much salt.

Bloomit is a bit different, and I'd only spray it once, right after bud set.

As for mixing stuff into the lab's sprays.....they clearly recommend to use Dextrose. They also say that it's best not to spray with anything unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I have no idea how the sprays you mentioned are changed by the different ingredients added to them when you mix them. I do know that when I was using Amaze in my home built guestimated soil, I never saw anything remotely resembling the results I see with the kit and properly built soil There is no comparison!

For an organic grow in mineralized soil, I wouldn't spray with anything except Bloomit.

Try going the whole grow without spraying except for a bit of bloomit and see what happens?

A quick question to all you pros out there: Short of adding a humidifier, what is a simple, effective way to raise the humidity level in the veg room? Once the girls getting going I'm sure this won't be a problem (probably just the opposite!) but for now, I can barely make 30% rh. Thanks.

Doc...they have just started to form clusters,flip was 10 days ago,so they have just started.The leaves look good, so no tacoing or any other stuff. I 'l hold off on the epsome salts until,and if they need it,great tip,thanks.What would you give them next Doc? The cat drench is about two weeks away ,according to the "instructions".I just want to make sure i do it ALL right ya know.The package with the transplant and energy got here on thurs. ,so it was waiting for me when i got back from Jamaica, so thanks again! Later!
Just follow the directions. Hope that helps :)

A quick question to all you pros out there: Short of adding a humidifier, what is a simple, effective way to raise the humidity level in the veg room? Once the girls getting going I'm sure this won't be a problem (probably just the opposite!) but for now, I can barely make 30% rh. Thanks.

A humidifier linked to some sort of device that can keep the humidity steady is a necessity.

Doc a quick question relating to RH. What happens to plants when RH swings are wide and not constant? Say 53 hi/24 low.
The plant is going to adapt to its environment as best it can. This will effect yield and quality, and the two don't always track together, although they can. Sometimes a bit of environmental stress is desireable, like low temps to get purple color, cool dry nights to bring out the resin, etc. But they are steady events that the plant can adapt to. It's the adaptation to the environment that we can use to our advantage.

When a plant has trouble adapting, it becomes stressed in a bad way....IE hot one day, cold the next, wet, dry, dry, hot, cold, hot....etc. This will result in poor quality all around.

Sure. Make sure your temps are about 68 at night and about 78 when the lights are on. Keep humidity around 50%. Do not over water and please, please do not over feed. If you're in Miracle Grow soil with Miracle grow plant food, try using it a quarter strength. Better yet, throw some Osmocote on the top of the plant and don't feed it anything at all. Just water.

the canuck!! Me too! ,happy to see a few Canadians here:) Was feeling quite isolated ya know? Doc's kit is alot of fun compared to all the struggles over the yrs. eh? In the past i usually run into problems around week 3 or 4 of flowering , so i'm stoked to see them (3 MK Ultra's) doing so well. The cat drench in a week or so, should be interesting.Anyhow, thanks for listening tcan. Cheers.

Thanks doc, just finished and everything is looking really nice. Can't wait to get to harvest time. I never seen plants like this. Doc how far do you keep your light from your plants.

I just put 900w led 26" above the canopy. Lights on at 2pm so ill let you know the difference then. She'll get brix today. Shes got the fake waxy look to her already tho from just the cat drenches so i can imagine what she'll look like later. Good times ahead my friends! I cant wait for the explosion :)

the canuck!! Me too! ,happy to see a few Canadians here:) Was feeling quite isolated ya know? Doc's kit is alot of fun compared to all the struggles over the yrs. eh? In the past i usually run into problems around week 3 or 4 of flowering , so i'm stoked to see them (3 MK Ultra's) doing so well. The cat drench in a week or so, should be interesting.Anyhow, thanks for listening tcan. Cheers.
My tops looked like lil sea urchins with no visible calyx about the size of nickles when i gave my first cat drench. I did the second the day before yesterday and they were about 1.5" tall. Last night she got the 900w led blasted on her so todaythere should be a definite difference.

Back
Top Bottom