Double Double Soil and Bubbles

Hey Woods! Or should I say Mithrandir?

Right now what I have going on for this grow are some seeds in damp soil with the dual spectrum lights on them. I haven't started the hydro part of the grow yet. If they don't come up in another week or so, I'll pop more in soil, and play the waiting game. I wish I could grow outdoors, but we just get so much LARGE hail, and strong winds that they wouldn't last very long.

I've acquired a 4 ft long florescent light with daylight and cool white bulbs in them and I am going to use those for the dirt mammas that I plan to clone for the Hydro. It will be the easiest way I think. :)

I'm a person who likes to see, feel, take things apart and figure out how they work. So having the kit will allow me to explore how it works so I can make my DIY res's later on.

I'm the girl that took auto shop, carpentry shop, metal shop, small engine repair throughout high school. So I like to see how things work. If I listed everything that I have done in regards to reparing cars, outboard motors, transmissions, etc, no one would believe me LOL. I don't know the technical names for a lot of the stuff, I just get an exploded view of what I am fixing, and put it together via that diagram.

Hubby wants to make me a LED light setup. I wonder if there are DIY kits out there for that???

I'm paying $160.00 for an ounce at my dispensary. If I get 2 ounces or more, I have a return on my investment. I can always expand with DIY res's. *shrug*

You must be family or something. I pay $45 + tax for an eight here in the city for 3rd tier meds. That's how I got motivated to grow something.

I see the majority of your initial investment is for "capital equipment" and very little on expendable "supplies". You made a nice point about having vendor support which you don't get from eBay or Craigslist. Keep plugging lady.

You must be family or something. I pay $45 + tax for an eight here in the city for 3rd tier meds. That's how I got motivated to grow something.

I see the majority of your initial investment is for "capital equipment" and very little on expendable "supplies". You made a nice point about having vendor support which you don't get from eBay or Craigslist. Keep plugging lady.

We get a discount (10% I believe) because my husband is permanently physically handicapped. He's been disabled since birth. My disability came on recently. Because of the blood disorders and my inability to take 'traditional' pain killers due to allergy or risk of liver failure. We pay state and city taxes, so my cost above, is before taxes.

The supplies part I plan on getting either on Amazon, local hydro store in town, and the city 60 miles away.

Oui, if you live in Colorado, you know how rural mountain communities are. You might have 1 hydro store if you are lucky. Most of the time it's a drive to a bigger city to get everything. Then when you factor in gas, your time in traffic, the smog, the heat, it makes it worth it to order online and have it shipped to your door. I am fortunate that the Hydro store in my town JUST opened. As in 6 months ago, it wasn't there. So I have one worry out of my head. The hydro store is already 15 miles away from me. So like I said, all the factors above come into play.

Stealth Hydro righted their error, plus some. I am getting a slab of 45 rockwool cubes instead of 21, they are sending me a replacement Ona gel, and putting it in a ziplock baggie per my instructions so it doesn't happen again. The representative even made notes on my account that if they send liquids or anything packed at sea level, that it can and will explode because of my altitude and to put them in ziplocks. So that's personalized service right there!

I set up the florescent in my closet, but I need a 3 pronged outlet for it. :( I'll get the surge suppressors on Wednesday...

Hey Woods! Or should I say Mithrandir?

Right now what I have going on for this grow are some seeds in damp soil with the dual spectrum lights on them. I haven't started the hydro part of the grow yet. If they don't come up in another week or so, I'll pop more in soil, and play the waiting game. I wish I could grow outdoors, but we just get so much LARGE hail, and strong winds that they wouldn't last very long.

I've acquired a 4 ft long florescent light with daylight and cool white bulbs in them and I am going to use those for the dirt mammas that I plan to clone for the Hydro. It will be the easiest way I think. :)

I'm a person who likes to see, feel, take things apart and figure out how they work. So having the kit will allow me to explore how it works so I can make my DIY res's later on.

I'm the girl that took auto shop, carpentry shop, metal shop, small engine repair throughout high school. So I like to see how things work. If I listed everything that I have done in regards to reparing cars, outboard motors, transmissions, etc, no one would believe me LOL. I don't know the technical names for a lot of the stuff, I just get an exploded view of what I am fixing, and put it together via that diagram.

Hubby wants to make me a LED light setup. I wonder if there are DIY kits out there for that???

Tell your husband that I'm jealous of him. I think all guys should have a wife that does all that stuff. That way we could sit on the lounge chair smoke our stuff that you grew and eat stuff we made! What a life!:Rasta:

I think I would have been Aragorn! Real cool dude!

Tell your husband that I'm jealous of him. I think all guys should have a wife that does all that stuff. That way we could sit on the lounge chair smoke our stuff that you grew and eat stuff we made! What a life!:Rasta:

I think I would have been Aragorn! Real cool dude!

LOL, you should see me when I work on my truck! I sit up on the radiator and do what I have to do... LOL Worked for putting in the new Edelbrock carb. I get creative when doing brakes. I have a specialized tool to help me unseize calipers. Its a chunk of Pikes Peak Granite, and I smack it into the caliper to unstick it. Hubby kept it for posterity! Calls it the "Brake Tool" LOL

I don't mind doing that stuff either, just for the JAW dropping reactions I get from guys LOL. Makes my day!

Stuff I still need for the Grow:

1. 4 Hydronet baskets (DIY DWC Res) = net pot covers
  2. More Hydroton (DIY Res)
  3. Surge Suppressors - Have 1 Need 2 more
  4. Gallon Jugs (keep milk gallons and rinse thoroughly) have <s>2</s> 4, need about <s>4</s> 2 more to go.
  5. 5 Gallon Buckets (kitty litter buckets and rinse thoroughly) have at least 4 of these
  6. Clone Tray and Dome
  7. Clonex Gel
  8. PH Calibration Solutions
  9. Oscillating Fans Can get these at Wally World for 14 bucks
  10. 5000k Lumen CFLs for Vegging
  11. Brooder Ballast (walmart has metal ones for 12 bucks)
  12. Light extender and Splitters (you screw it into the lamp and it gives you a couple extra inches on the outlet, and those Y splitters for lights)
  13. Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
  14. Fox Farms Hydro Nutes
  15. Perlite
  16. Recipe for Success Kit
  17. Sunglasses (damn lights made me snow blind last grow) Dollar Store ;)
  18. Weatherstripping to light proof the closet door Can get that at wally world
  19. Panda Film
  20. Framing material for light proof enclosure Hardware store.
  21. Mylar

Now lets see if the HTML works ;)

22. Plants

This anticipation is killing me...

:passitleft:
Little something to pass the time.
LOL They are in the soil in this picture:

DSC029561.JPG

I can't help it if they won't pop. I am giving them a few more days and then I am popping some in a coffee cup with water covered with a plate on top of the fridge.

I am also waiting for my rockwool from SH before I get clones. Have you taken clones from clones??? LOL I wonder if it's possible.

Hubby said he'd get me some clones and any of the rest of my stuff I need for my birthday presents. It's in a couple weeks.

Updated pics, new Florescent light. Updated DWC supplies.

DSC02969.JPG

DSC029681.JPG

DSC029671.JPG

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC029632.JPG

DSC029621.JPG

DSC029611.JPG

DSC029601.JPG

Ok, E-mail from Stealth Hydro

Order Number: ******
Date: 08/09/2010 Time: 16:bitingnails:31

1 x ONA-1, ONA Pro Gel

1 x WOOL-1, Rockwool Seedling Cubes
CHOOSE TYPE: 1.5" Rockwool Cubes - 45 Pack

Order Total: $0.00

SH Hydroponics, Inc.
[W]: https://www.stealthhydro.com
Date: 08/09/2010 @ 16:bitingnails:31 Product Code Name Quantity Price Each Item Total ONA-1 ONA Pro Gel
1 $16.99 $16.99 WOOL-1 Rockwool Seedling Cubes
CHOOSE TYPE: 1.5" Rockwool Cubes - 45 Pack
1 $9.95 $9.95 Goods Total $26.94 Discounts Total -$33.94 Shipping Total (Fedex) $7.00 Tax Total $0.00 Order Total $0.00
:goodjob::bravo:

Dsc02864sm.jpg

DWC Test Subjects, and More Dispensary Schwagg Grade Seeds in the green pill bottle.

Clones will be gotten at dispensary. I will be going for a 100 % Pure Indica Strain such as Northern Lights. I think Blueberry is 100% Indica as well, and I have seen some 100% White Widow Strains. Hopefully I get them. If any of the bagseed turn out to be Sativa, they will be grown in soil, and be LST and Fimmed.

Hopefully I get the shipping info in the mail tomorrow. But SH just sent me 35 bucks worth of product free! :slide:

And I haven't even started on my grow yet! I'm still waiting for my missing rockwool.

lol.. I can see it now.. some one new tries to get caught up, and it is a 20 page journal before you get to the start of the grow.. :rofl:

YEA!!!!

Stealth Hydro is sending me out a slab of 45 Rockwool cubes, instead of the 21 I ordered. They are also sending me out a replacement Ona Gel.
that is cool they stepped up and did that for you. (on the ona that exploded,, if you put the gel (even the dried stuff) into a jar, and put some water in it,, you may be able to salvage some of the exploded stuff as well...

I'm paying $160.00 for an ounce at my dispensary. If I get 2 ounces or more, I have a return on my investment. I can always expand with DIY res's. *shrug*

that is a pretty good price,,, but even so,, not only will you break even,, but then you will be ahead of the game,, it will pay for the added electricity,, and you get better smoke..

lol.. I can see it now.. some one new tries to get caught up, and it is a 20 page journal before you get to the start of the grow.. :rofl:

that is cool they stepped up and did that for you. (on the ona that exploded,, if you put the gel (even the dried stuff) into a jar, and put some water in it,, you may be able to salvage some of the exploded stuff as well...

that is a pretty good price,,, but even so,, not only will you break even,, but then you will be ahead of the game,, it will pay for the added electricity,, and you get better smoke..

Sorry about that, I like to respond to everyone's post individually. Its a habit, plus it adds to my 420 points when I respond. I am hoping one of these days that the 420 points can be used to exchange for gift certificates or whatever once they figure out all the details.

Yea the Ona Gel is about half gone. The lid exploded off of it and it spilled over EVERYTHING in the box. I am going to take most of the stuff into the shower with me and give it a rinse and cleaning. Right now it's in a gallon zip lock baggie.

When I first read it I thought "wow I never thought I'd see an F-Troop reference on any 420magazine forum." Then I reread it. :tokin:
I am a Lord of the Rings Fan. Explains my username here. But I like F-Troop too on Nick at Night :cool:

There are a few of us here.

I'm glad you popped in. I was wondering what happened to ya!

Did you see my setup from SH and my DIY stuff? I bought new bubble wands. The 10 inch size. So I have 2 10 inch, 1 six inch, 1 12 inch, and 3 1 inch bubble wands. Bought some gang valves so I can split the pumps for the additional wands as well.

I can't wait to get the rest of my stuff... Also can't wait for my seeds to come up!

Updated pics, new Florescent light. Updated DWC supplies.

DSC02969.JPG

DSC029681.JPG

DSC029671.JPG

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC029632.JPG

DSC029621.JPG

DSC029611.JPG

DSC029601.JPG

Ok, E-mail from Stealth Hydro

:goodjob::bravo:

Stuff I still need for the Grow:

1. 4 Hydronet baskets (DIY DWC Res) = net pot covers
  2. More Hydroton (DIY Res)
  3. Surge Suppressors - Have 1 Need 2 more
  4. Gallon Jugs (keep milk gallons and rinse thoroughly) have 2, need about 4 - 2 more to go.
  5. 5 Gallon Buckets (kitty litter buckets and rinse thoroughly) have at least 4 of these
  6. Clone Tray and Dome
  7. Clonex Gel
  8. PH Calibration Solutions
  9. Oscillating Fans Can get these at Wally World for 14 bucks
  10. 5000k Lumen CFLs for Vegging
  11. Brooder Ballast (walmart has metal ones for 12 bucks)
  12. Light extender and Splitters (you screw it into the lamp and it gives you a couple extra inches on the outlet, and those Y splitters for lights)
  13. Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
  14. Fox Farms Hydro Nutes
  15. Perlite
  16. Recipe for Success Kit
  17. Sunglasses (damn lights made me snow blind last grow) Dollar Store ;)
  18. Weatherstripping to light proof the closet door Can get that at wally world
  19. Panda Film
  20. Framing material for light proof enclosure Hardware store.
  21. Mylar
LOL They are in the soil in this picture:

DSC029561.JPG

I can't help it if they won't pop. I am giving them a few more days and then I am popping some in a coffee cup with water covered with a plate on top of the fridge.

I am also waiting for my rockwool from SH before I get clones. Have you taken clones from clones??? LOL I wonder if it's possible.

Hubby said he'd get me some clones and any of the rest of my stuff I need for my birthday presents. It's in a couple weeks.

Dsc02864sm.jpg

DWC Test Subjects, and More Dispensary Schwagg Grade Seeds in the green pill bottle.

Clones will be gotten at dispensary. I will be going for a 100 % Pure Indica Strain such as Northern Lights. I think Blueberry is 100% Indica as well, and I have seen some 100% White Widow Strains. Hopefully I get them. If any of the bagseed turn out to be Sativa, they will be grown in soil, and be LST and Fimmed.

Hopefully I get the shipping info in the mail tomorrow. But SH just sent me 35 bucks worth of product free! :slide:

Ok bringing this all over to the new page.

I am a Lord of the Rings Fan. Explains my username here. But I like F-Troop too on Nick at Night :cool:

There are a few of us here.

I'm glad you popped in. I was wondering what happened to ya!

Did you see my setup from SH and my DIY stuff? I bought new bubble wands. The 10 inch size. So I have 2 10 inch, 1 six inch, 1 12 inch, and 3 1 inch bubble wands. Bought some gang valves so I can split the pumps for the additional wands as well.

I can't wait to get the rest of my stuff... Also can't wait for my seeds to come up!

Aye I'm a pretty big LoTR fan as well. My stoned & bloodshot eyes saw Agarn at first. BTW I use to watch F-Troop as originally aired (yes on a B&W t.v. ...I am THAT old hehe).

I'm away from home until Sunday afternoon. Slappy is taking care of the girls. While I LOVE my iPad it is slower typing than on a full keyboard so I'vebeen holding off on posting.

I'm loving all your gear and I'm happy to see that SH is doing right by you. You are going to have a sweet set up and a very very good grow.

I'm excited for you and can't wait for you to get started:thumb:

Aye I'm a pretty big LoTR fan as well. My stoned & bloodshot eyes saw Agarn at first. BTW I use to watch F-Troop as originally aired (yes in B&W...I am THAT old hehe).

I'm away from hope until Sunday afternoon. Slappy is taking care of the girls. While I LOVE my iPad it is slower typing than on a full keyboard so I'vebeen holding off on posting.

I'm loving all your gear and I'm happy to see that SH is doing right by you. You are going to have a sweet set up and a very very good grow.

I'm excited for you and can't wait for you to get started:thumb:

I think I watched F-Troop when it originally aired, but it might have been re-runs. Like the Monkees came on a 4 pm every day when I was younger, and I KNOW they were reruns.

Glad you approve of the gear. I think I have almost all of it. I need PH calibration solutions, do I need BOTH 7 and 4?

Yea the IPAD doesn't have a usb port on it for a keyboard huh? Can you get a bluetooth keyboard for it?? Or wireless one??? I had a phone with a touchpad on it and it was a pain in the ass. I like physical keys...

Since you are here, when I do get started, what kind of info do you want me to post. PH TDS stuff is obvious, but do you want res temps, room temps, humidity stuff as well??? I want to give you Deep Water Culture all the info that you need in case I fuck up and start killing the girls. Sometimes I can be too attentive...

I haven't posted a link to my grow in Deep Water Culture yet because I don't have any seedlings, or the Rockwool to start. As soon as I get everything going, I am going to post a link there and ask people to come and look.

Back
Top Bottom