full

Granddaddy Purple #1 Day 28 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 Day 21 of 12/12

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 Day 28 of 12/12
GDP #2 is close to outgrowing the tent. I can only raise the light another 15cm / 6".

I hate how all the lights hanging kits are set up like they just want you to lose 2 feet of head room lol.

I hate how all the lights hanging kits are set up like they just want you to lose 2 feet of head room lol.

That space is to allow hanging a filter above the light. Not in my tents! I move the filter outside the tent, and replace the wire hangers with short pieces of chain.

full

Light as Installed

As you can see, there are only four inches / 10cm left which would leave the light 6.5" from the top of the tent. By drilling a pair of holes on each side of the reflector, I can get about 3" or 7.5cm more. If I replace the bar with a channel, I can get another inch or 2.5cm. So, I can easily get another 10cm / 4".

That space is to allow hanging a filter above the light. Not in my tents! I move the filter outside the tent, and replace the wire hangers with short pieces of chain.

full

Light as Installed

As you can see, there are only four inches / 10cm left which would leave the light 6.5" from the top of the tent. By drilling a pair of holes on each side of the reflector, I can get about 3" or 7.5cm more. If I replace the bar with a channel, I can get another inch or 2.5cm. So, I can easily get another 10cm / 4".

i did a chain rig with my last lights. had them about 8 inches from the top as well. will probably do again, but i'm gonna run some indicas so they stay short.

i did a chain rig with my last lights. had them about 8 inches from the top as well. will probably do again, but i'm gonna run some indicas so they stay short.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, they don't stretch as much as sativas. GDP is 75% indica. The plant under that light is 37" / 94cm tall, measured from soil level. It's in a 6' (182cm) tall tent. I used a larger pot than usual, and set it on top of a lazy suzan, so I lost 16" / 40cm there. I wanted to grow the largest plant I could in there. I think I misjudged the flip by a week or so.

All in Full Flower, 106 Days after Germination

full

Front View of the Tents

full

full

full

GDP #2 is close to outgrowing the tent. I can only raise the light another 15cm / 6".
It looks like you have a sativa pheno there

Another fan failed last night. There's an intermittent fault, so it runs for a few minutes and then stops. It's not the power supply I'm using, as I put it on a 10 Amp power supply to test it.

full

3 out of 4 of These Fans Failed Within 5 Months

I put its big brother in the Mars Hydro 3' x 3' tent. This fan runs a lot quieter while oscillating. Hopefully it will last. If it doesn't, I'll buy another, and get the extended 3 year warranty, and a spare. That will be cheaper than the constant replacements.

full

Replacement Fan

Nothing worse then when stuffs crap outs on ya, especially so fast, been stung waaaay to many time myself lately

I’ve been using this for over a month now in a 3x3

From zon, like $36-7
Happy with it so far, ocilating and fan speed is quite fast even on low but I just put light midway or so of fan, light blocks fan and fan blows at light, cools drivers & uses that heat to blow around tent

Gets two birds stoned at once !

(Not that they even need cooling, at all! just repurposes the heat):Namaste:

CFBFB6A0-62A9-4A74-9FD1-8D5AC9D7836B.jpeg

4ACFE919-6512-4791-82AE-7E5B05DD3B42.jpeg

Nothing worse then when stuffs crap outs on ya, especially so fast, been stung waaaay to many time myself lately

I’ve been using this for over a month now in a 3x3

From zon, like $36-7
Happy with it so far, ocilating and fan speed is quite fast even on low but I just put light midway or so of fan, light blocks fan and fan blows at light, cools drivers & uses that heat to blow around tent

Gets two birds stoned at once !

(Not that they even need cooling, at all! just repurposes the heat):Namaste:

I hope your's lasts. Earlier this year there were reports of the Vivosuns not lasting a grow. That's one of the reasons I looked for an alternate.

What I'd like to find is a an oscillating fan, with a brushless motor, and bearings for all points of rotation. They solved these problems for house fans over 20 years ago. I bought three Hampton Bay desk fans for our apartment at the time, and all three are still going strong.

I hope your's lasts. Earlier this year there were reports of the Vivosuns not lasting a grow. That's one of the reasons I looked for an alternate.

What I'd like to find is a an oscillating fan, with a brushless motor, and bearings for all points of rotation. They solved these problems for house fans over 20 years ago. I bought three Hampton Bay desk fans for our apartment at the time, and all three are still going strong.

Well I can only hope!

Wasn’t even the one I wanted but rushed to order, I’m on the hunt for a better one myself , this is quite...... well....plastic

Your know they don’t solve problems anymore,not like 20yrs ago, it’s the world of obselence, if they make things that last, people won’t buy new stuff!

All business....

Plz Keep us posted, I’ll probly get the same fan as ya lol

Well I can only hope!

Wasn’t even the one I wanted but rushed to order, I’m on the hunt for a better one myself , this is quite...... well....plastic

Your know they don’t solve problems anymore,not like 20yrs ago, it’s the world of obselence, if they make things that last, people won’t buy new stuff!

All business....

Plz Keep us posted, I’ll probly get the same fan as ya lol

I will. If there's no further complaints, you can assume be assured they are still working.

I just had a vivo fan die on me. also had to repair it when it arrived. but they did refund me for 1 of 2 fans i bought. but i'd rather have the working fan lol.

Flowering, 112 Days after Germination

full

Front View of the Tents

full

full

full

I'm still not seeing any pollen sacks on GDP1's branch I'm trying to reverse. I'll keep spraying twice a week.

I finished my job for the day, installing the automatic watering system. That gives me a few days to tune it up before we leave Christmas Eve.

full

Automatic Watering and Drippers for GDP #2

I mounted two sets of four drippers per line on the ring from a tomato cage. I cut through the ring, to allow it to pass around the plant. A piece of irrigation tubing holds the cut ends in place. These drippers are on the same pump as the drippers for the plants in the other tent.

The plants got three times the nutrient solution they usually do. Coco/perlite will just let the extra drain out.

I love seeing different ideas for a few days away.

I’ve used the wicking method but it leaves a lot to be desired. I love this idea

I love seeing different ideas for a few days away.

I’ve used the wicking method but it leaves a lot to be desired. I love this idea

I may switch to a higher pressure pump, and go to 2gph drippers. The drippers will then put out about 1/2 cup per minute. If I can find 1 gph drippers, I'd prefer the slower watering, as I normally use four per plant.

Back
Top Bottom