DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Got a good chuckle reading this morning gentlemen. I also found no value in the dark period preceding harvest, and never went back to it after the first try.

From a botanical view the terpenes are at their highest value coming out of the daily dark period. I can’t for the life of me think of how a three-day stay in darkness could make an appreciable difference in a mature plant. It makes no biological sense to expect that rapid-fire a response out of a girl on her last legs, you know.
Hey sue

What is your thought on lavender - in my case lavender oil ? Was thinking about adding some oil to humidifier as I thought I’ve heard great things about lavender and cannabis . Just not sure so thought I’d ask you as someone suggested you might have some hindsight on this ?

Thanks in advance sue :ganjamon:

If the RH in the fridge is always 75% then the buds will never get below that, so you'll need to take them out to dry them. Those are just the facts on the ground with that fridge!
So what is your sweet spot for temp and rh shed

Last time I did my chemdawg auto in fridge best smoke to date

How ever I can only do s few zips /ounces at a time . Rest will be like weenmeoff 50-60% humidifier but 5 days eh hung hevsays good info there

Hey sue

What is your thought on lavender - in my case lavender oil ? Was thinking about adding some oil to humidifier as I thought I’ve heard great things about lavender and cannabis . Just not sure so thought I’d ask you as someone suggested you might have some hindsight on this ?

Thanks in advance sue :ganjamon:

Clear this up for me Joe, where were you thinking of adding drops of lavender oil? I recommend lavender oil for a multitude of reasons, and aromatherapy is one of them, but I don't think you're talking about an oil diffuser. If you had a chemovar you wanted to enhance I suppose this would be possible, but the qualities we want from linolool (the main terpene in lavender) is usually already present in much of what you're probably growing.

A drop or two of lavender oil on a tissue placed under your pillow can do wonders for sleep, but too many drops can be overwhelming. With essential oils as in cannabis, a little bit goes a long way.

1661062057666.png

I'd recommend against these. There's no way to remove moisture from the inside without opening the box to let more heat/moisture in

How ever I can only do s few zips /ounces at a time . Rest will be like weenmeoff 50-60% humidifier but 5 days eh hung hevsays good info there

It tickles the hell out of me to read this. Too many zips to fit in the fridge. :laughtwo:

Clear this up for me Joe, where were you thinking of adding drops of lavender oil? I recommend lavender oil for a multitude of reasons, and aromatherapy is one of them, but I don't think you're talking about an oil diffuser. If you had a chemovar you wanted to enhance I suppose this would be possible, but the qualities we want from linolool (the main terpene in lavender) is usually already present in much of what you're probably growing.

A drop or two of lavender oil on a tissue placed under your pillow can do wonders for sleep, but too many drops can be overwhelming. With essential oils as in cannabis, a little bit goes a long way.

Hey sue thanks for the speedy reply

Sorry I was thinking of adding few drops of lavender oil to a humidifier so it dispenses it off in the air of the grow room? I thought I heard it was great for keeping nasty critters away.

My new 3x3 again being attacked now by what I am sold on is aphids little antennas little legs white or pale green they say . Look white

Anyways been using unscented dish soap to 5 ml per 1 litre of water shaking really well I heard the soap from reading online can trap the aphids and kill them been staying on top of them and really not a lot just enough to say well excuse me for my French sue but fack off little critters is exhausted sue dealing and trying to battle these bugs been about 4-5 months of dealing with them so trying to execute and experiment with other organic safe measures to make these ugly looking nasty things leave I got to smoke this stuff sue please any help like you have come to aid me now is truly blessed .

Okay I shut it up now lol

It tickles the hell out of me to read this. Too many zips to fit in the fridge. :laughtwo:

Damn me an my how the heck to I make out what I am saying reading back my bad sue .

Yeah I got my home fridge and I swear sue I only kept my chem dawg in fridge for about 5-6 days I think and couldn’t wait I pulled it and dried it out to desired Rh 58% I prefer. Then let it sit a week or two and oh my sue smooth long slow burning fresh bang on taste . I might even buy a mini climate fridge I dunno lol

So what if my fridge is 45f and 70+ rh is my goal to try to keep rh around 60% in fridge sue ?
What is your sweet spot ?

So what is your sweet spot for temp and rh shed
The one time I did low and slow I just used the fridge in the kitchen. It's the only one I have. It's set at 37º F and I have no idea what the RH was in there, and no way to change it anyway. It's opened and closed all the time (and smelled up the kitchen every time), but the buds dried fine over the course of a couple of weeks as I recall.

It wasn't practical for me to keep doing it that way so I gave it up after that trial.

Well I am about to try it now here is what I got so far please read tags and description in pics for pics of aphids I’ve found and I am going to use this insecticide tonight upon wake up it claims to kill upon contact . But only one branch hit other no pest detected as you will see below in pics .

Also I feel lieo 47f and 64-60% rh is what I’d like to see or at burping several times a day to room
Temps allowing buds to slow release the chlorophyll I belive ?

Preserving essentially your terpenoids no?

All right please it’s been a very tiresome
Grow and I could really use help I just spent 180$ on air tight vac seal set up for this run as it truly is best quality minus pest outcome Yet to be announced .

I truly would appreciate any help in this run please folks ✊

Here is what I got to show you fine chaps

Well I am about to try it now here is what I got so far please read tags and description in pics for pics of aphids I’ve found and I am going to use this insecticide tonight upon wake up it claims to kill upon contact . But only one branch hit other no pest detected as you will see below in pics .

Also I feel lieo 47f and 64-60% rh is what I’d like to see or at burping several times a day to room
Temps allowing buds to slow release the chlorophyll I belive ?

Preserving essentially your terpenoids no?

All right please it’s been a very tiresome
Grow and I could really use help I just spent 180$ on air tight vac seal set up for this run as it truly is best quality minus pest outcome Yet to be announced .

I truly would appreciate any help in this run please folks ✊

Here is what I got to show you fine chaps

Oh ! these branches are the almost very lower bit of learners taking up space lol

First off, that looked nothing like an aphid to me and eerily like something more serious, although that's a bad picture to make any determinations from Joe. If you spray anything be certain to wash throughly at harvest.

Secondly, why the plastic bags? This thread is for low and slo drying, and if we use bags they're paper bags. You mentioned a food vac..... were you attempting cobbing?

First off, that looked nothing like an aphid to me and eerily like something more serious, although that's a bad picture to make any determinations from Joe. If you spray anything be certain to wash throughly at harvest.

Secondly, why the plastic bags? This thread is for low and slo drying, and if we use bags they're paper bags. You mentioned a food vac..... were you attempting cobbing?

No sue my bad my plan was to slow dry in fridge for a week or so until bids hold in air tight sealed jar of rh% 58-62% then once that happened. I was going to vac seal them for freshness in onr ounce portions with labelled Maker date and strain on it
Because this is all personal for long term storage as this is my last grow for awhile sue.

They are in my fridge right now sue on brown paper bags as well ?

No it’s an aphid 100% there are many varieties of aphids and can vary in appearance from my internet and searching reading .

Again I am not a professional so let’s say 80% sure lol

I bet 4 hours would be fine too mine was only 8 because I fell asleep on the couch and ended up putting them in jars the next morning. With my most current harvest I washed than lightly and I mean lightly spun them in a salad dryer and then into the jars. I guess we'll find out in a few days how that method works out for me.
Salad spinner nice idea ✊

Harvested 2 Black Cherry Punches last night. Smelling pretty great! Woke at 230 :yahoo:to put them in paper bags and in the fridge. I ran out of lunch bags so had to fill them more than I'd like and had 1 of those paper grocery bags plus 16 lunch bags. I'll get more lunch bags so they're not as crammed. Thinking I'll get 8-10 zips. :ganjamon:

Harvested 2 Black Cherry Punches last night. Smelling pretty great! Woke at 230 :yahoo:to put them in paper bags and in the fridge. I ran out of lunch bags so had to fill them more than I'd like and had 1 of those paper grocery bags plus 16 lunch bags. I'll get more lunch bags so they're not as crammed. Thinking I'll get 8-10 zips. :ganjamon:

Looks great congrats on harvest man

I’ve lewrned the hard way about not cramming the bags full as then moisture traps I call them happen which can lead to mold . Lost few zips first time I tried it but wife was in charge as went away on road trip . Came back to oops I forgot to burp the buds in jars .

Now I realized never again lol

Some fat buds for sure .

Looks great congrats on harvest man

I’ve lewrned the hard way about not cramming the bags full as then moisture traps I call them happen which can lead to mold . Lost few zips first time I tried it but wife was in charge as went away on road trip . Came back to oops I forgot to burp the buds in jars .

Now I realized never again lol

Some fat buds for sure .

Sorry to hear about that and thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna burp the bags today and get more bags tomorrow. I did lay the buds out flat in the bags though.

Sorry to hear about that and thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna burp the bags today and get more bags tomorrow. I did lay the buds out flat in the bags though.
Yeah my tenpnos 43f it seems to hang around and bounces around 50-60% rh in fridge drawer . Lost one gram after one night already so once I get say it was 11 gram tester lower branch bag I guesstimated that around 2.5 is grams dry ?
So when I see scale say anything around 3-4 I can take out and put in turkey bags and burp normal once or twice a day for ten -20 mins room temp then after week or so vac seal is my palm this run. Hope it turns out very excited got label maker and all lol

Back
Top Bottom