Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Those CBD 20:1 plants should give you plenty of medicine - they look great!
Please keep us posted on dosing and effects. This is great info! :green_heart:
Thanks Beez! I’ve posted a dosing chart that the Doctor gave to us below!!

Just got caught up. Nice detailed journal ill hang out till the finish if u dont mind
:popcorn:
Hey DthPch!! Welcome to 420 and welcome to my garden! You’ve joined in at a fun time with lots going on! Don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you have them!!

Cheers for that. Did they give a mg dose level, or just ratios?

Also - could you share what that light fixture is that you have over the clones please :Namaste:
Hi Amy! This is the mg Dosing chart that the doctor gave to my wife and I.

It details from Day-1 start up until you find “YOUR” dose! Once your dosing level is found remain there as your daily regimen!!

EA6BF041-2E9C-4E82-875C-B1B6BF68E749.jpeg

Thanks for that! I’ve saved those pics ;) :thanks:

Thanks for sharing the dosing guide too. It’s always great to see and hear what different docs and medical cannabis ‘experts’ are advising. What I find interesting about it, and a little troubling TBH, is that it has no measure of how many mg/ml is in the oil. Just says “from any licensed producer”. The potency of oils can vary, a lot. :hmmmm: The titration advice looks good/standard and everything and I’m sure you guys have actually a very good feel for what you’re doing already. I just find the advice a little odd. Someone with less idea about it than you guys could go and buy a 2000mg oil as opposed to a 300mg oil and have a very different experience getting started! (I’m saying this partly because I know someone that this happened to).

It’s funny too, where it says if you get “no benefit from the maximal dose, then please make an earlier appointment with the doctor”. Funny typo to miss :laughtwo: Arriving earlier will make your cannabis more effective! :laughtwo:

hey @Dutchman1990, and anyone else who'd like to chime in. Since we are on topic of lights, what do you use for your seedlings. I'd like to get a flourescent in my tent and could use some suggestions.
I've found that most people go well overboard when I comes to seedling lighting. You can pretty much use anything for lighting during the seedling stage. small CFL's, cheap LED's, fluorescents, just about anything. I'm using a 100w 7000k led floodlight which cost me £20 and will probably last decades. Even if it does break it's not expensive so I'll just get another. It'll cover a 3x3 for seedlings and young veg plants.

Plants are looking great Dutch! Those leaves look super healthy
:passitleft:

I've found that most people go well overboard when I comes to seedling lighting. You can pretty much use anything for lighting during the seedling stage. small CFL's, cheap LED's, fluorescents, just about anything. I'm using a 100w 7000k led floodlight which cost me £20 and will probably last decades. Even if it does break it's not expensive so I'll just get another. It'll cover a 3x3 for seedlings and young veg plants.

Plants are looking great Dutch! Those leaves look super healthy
:passitleft:
Thanks Proff! Hope your enjoying your day so far!

Just got caught up on your journal Dutch; very informative and well organized. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all this and have a full-time job, lol. I am pretty interested in your pheno hunt and how your 20:1 turns out. Also interested in how the Barney's Farm works out because that is one of the strains The Seed Bank sells in Niagara Falls if you ever get down this way.

Here are the breeders they carry.

Capture.PNG

I use the T5HO myself,, but the best light in my impression,,,, for a cloner is the old T12. They stay alot cooler than the HO ones.

Just got caught up on your journal Dutch; very informative and well organized. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all this and have a full-time job, lol. I am pretty interested in your pheno hunt and how your 20:1 turns out. Also interested in how the Barney's Farm works out because that is one of the strains The Seed Bank sells in Niagara Falls if you ever get down this way.

Here are the breeders they carry.

Capture.PNG
Thanks Homer! The BadAzz kush are looking good this round and I’m excited for the Pink Kush coming up into flower in a week!
Glookies and purple Punch will be next so fingers crossed for some real winners!!
Working and my garden definitely keep me busy but I thoroughly enjoy both of them! I love my job and what I do! I ove my garden a lot more though haha so spending time in there amongst my plants is calming for me!

I use the T5HO myself,, but the best light in my impression,,,, for a cloner is the old T12. They stay alot cooler than the HO ones.
Another good option if your pocket book doesn’t mind is the HLG-65!! Great for a group of seedlings or clones just a bit on the higher price side!

Thanks Homer! The BadAzz kush are looking good this round and I’m excited for the Pink Kush coming up into flower in a week!
Glookies and purple Punch will be next so fingers crossed for some real winners!!
Working and my garden definitely keep me busy but I thoroughly enjoy both of them! I love my job and what I do! I ove my garden a lot more though haha so spending time in there amongst my plants is calming for me!

Looking forward to the Pink Kush too because I am currently growing an OG Kush and I know Pink Kush is a fav of Penny and he knows his strains. Glad to hear you like your job; makes life a lot more pleasant. I also enjoy tending my garden and find it a very entertaining hobby.

Dutchman’s
D.I.Y
Bubble Cloner

Hey everyone! I have been doing more clones lately and I decided to try something new! After reading around I decided to try my hand at making a Bubble Cloner. I’ve just inserted plants in it this evening so we will see how it goes! I’ll be doing a follow up video in a week or so to show the root development.

Enjoy and please let me know if you try it!!

Hey Dutch,

Thanks again for this post and video from a while ago - really helpful. Finally got mine all set up. Just going to do a test run before I try it for real. Quick question... are you running the bubbler 24/7? Or do you have it on a timer with something like 15 seconds on, 5 minutes off? Or something different again? Let me know what you would suggest.

Thanks!

Hey Dutch,

Thanks again for this post and video from a while ago - really helpful. Finally got mine all set up. Just going to do a test run before I try it for real. Quick question... are you running the bubbler 24/7? Or do you have it on a timer with something like 15 seconds on, 5 minutes off? Or something different again? Let me know what you would suggest.

Thanks!
Hey Bard! I’m happy you are able to make use of my tutorial! Fingers crossed it works as good for you as it has for me so far!!

Glad you got yours all built and setup now as well! I leave my bubbler running 24/7!!

The only thing that I have on a timer is my lights which I have set to 18:6!

Let me know how yours works for you!

Hey Bard! I’m happy you are able to make use of my tutorial! Fingers crossed it works as good for you as it has for me so far!!

Glad you got yours all built and setup now as well! I leave my bubbler running 24/7!!

The only thing that I have on a timer is my lights which I have set to 18:6!

Let me know how yours works for you!

Perfect! A friend who is doing an outdoor grow is swapping some cuttings of his plants for some of my purple kush harvest Looking forward to seeing them root! Have a good weekend, Dutch.

Looking forward to the Pink Kush too because I am currently growing an OG Kush and I know Pink Kush is a fav of Penny and he knows his strains. Glad to hear you like your job; makes life a lot more pleasant. I also enjoy tending my garden and find it a very entertaining hobby.
I got one Barneys farm pink kush seed upstairs can't wait to grow it out love pink kush as well..big fan here along with my chem and blueberry strains

Perfect! A friend who is doing an outdoor grow is swapping some cuttings of his plants for some of my purple kush harvest Looking forward to seeing them root! Have a good weekend, Dutch.
Cheers Bard!! Trading with friends is always fun! Good luck and I’ll await those root pictures :high-five:

I got one Barneys farm pink kush seed upstairs can't wait to grow it out love pink kush as well..big fan here along with my chem and blueberry strains
Pop that seed!! Haha! I love pink as well and blueberry is up there! My buddy recently had some that tasted exactly blueberry muffins! It was so yummy!!:drool:

Update
July 20
Day - 78 / Flower Day - 29

Ooh weee!! Happy Saturday everyone!! What’s going on? I hope your all well and enjoying the weekend so far! I’ve got a picture packed update today so without delay let’s make our way through this!

First up are the clones:
BadAzz 1
BadAzz 2
Wedding Cake 2
Wedding Cake 4
Canuk Cookies 1

They are all doing absolutely fantastic and are growing big quickly! I decided to start training them today in order to keep them short for a while yet. I topped them all today and I will be removing a few lower nodes tomorrow when I have them out to feed! Here’s a few pictures of the topping!

Then we have the next round of the Pheno Hunt Clones in the bubble cloner.
Pink Kush 1-2-3
Purple Queen 1-2-3
Canuk Cookies 2-3
As well as a Wedding Cake 1 cutting!

Still no roots yet but I’m seeing the beginning signs of root nodules poking through! Hard to capture in a photograph but should be visible by tomorrow or Monday!

Now for the exciting part! The 4x4 ladies Phenos are entering week 4 of flip and have really begun to stack up those flowers! With some great Trichome coverage in the tent so far I’m really excited to see how these finish off over the next few weeks!

The critical+2.0 is looking wicked frosty and I’m even more excited for her this round than last!

Pheno Hunt Points
So there’s a few things I wanted to make note of now as I am progressing into flower.

Currently my favourites are indicated with a double **

**Wedding Cake #2 has a much heavier Trichome coverage currently with tight node spacing and good branching.

Wedding Cake #4 is less frosty with more elongated colas.

**BadAzz Kush #2 has excellent shorter structure with great Trichome coverage. Strong kush smell already with strong branching and thick stalks

BadAzz Kush #1 has longer colas with tight node spacing and heavy Trichome coverage.

**Canuk Cookies #1 is the only one this round of flower but is covered in trichomes and looks great! I’m excited to see what her sisters will look like!

Finally here’s a ton of photos and bud shots from today! I’ll be putting together a video tomorrow of the 4x4 to showcase some of that frost!

Enjoy!​

Stay Medicated and Enjoy your weekend!​

Back
Top Bottom