Wish a sponsor would donate a press lol. They ain’t cheap maybe next year I’ll be buying one specially if I fire up next winter fur journal Again .. will see
@Van Stank got one for POTM :slide:

What I would like to see if more sponsor presence here @ 420 like we see from @SeedsMan and @SmokeSara and @TimberGrowLights ...it's good for businesses to get feedback, good and bad, and that enriches the relationship with their customer base.

Love this Dutch, definitely want to follow this along.
Welcome aboard Lewy! Glad to have you! Any questions don’t hesitate to ask!!

@Van Stank got one for POTM :slide:

What I would like to see if more sponsor presence here @ 420 like we see from @SeedsMan and @SmokeSara and @TimberGrowLights ...it's good for businesses to get feedback, good and bad, and that enriches the relationship with their customer base.
I agree Blew! All feedback is good feedback it just depends what you do with it!

As it stands there is no way I could afford one of these but maybe in the future. What do you do with the bud after it's been pressed?
Well I’ll patienlty wait with you until that day haha! What I’ve been doing is saving all the pouches in a big ziploc bag and I’ll be using them for edibles! Repurpose it all nothing goes to waste!!

Do they need to do that by law? What exactly would expire? THC? I am interested in longer term storability.

To my knowledge the quality will degrade over extended periods of time but the thing that’s changes the most is the consistency or texture of the product. If you have shatter and leave it out it will turn into a budder or sugar wax instead of holding the shatter consistency.

This is just my knowledge as of now I’ll look into it further!

To my knowledge the quality will degrade over extended periods of time but the thing that’s changes the most is the consistency or texture of the product. If you have shatter and leave it out it will turn into a budder or sugar wax instead of holding the shatter consistency.
Ok, thanks. My next question would be ....what is the best way/conditions to store it?

This is just my knowledge as of now I’ll look into it further!
So is there less of a plant matter taste based on your screening material size?

Ok, thanks. My next question would be ....what is the best way/conditions to store it?
I would think something like this... at the typical bud storage conditions.

Alright :roorrip: all caught up now, this is looking great Mr Dutchman.... this is gonna be an awesome learning thread with your great posting style. Top notch work man!
Thanks Stu! Appreciate the support and look forward to doing this with everyone!

I have 2 ways that I store it but I’ve mostly moved to silicone storage containers. Reason to store in silicone containers is this...

They work great for keeping it protected and not getting it stuck to glass when storing in jars.

The next method I used to use is small glass jars but I’ve moves away from glass because sticker rosin sticks and you can’t get it all back unlike the silicone!

After a container is picked I usually just store it in a in a cool place in the cupboard or where you keep your stash!

I’ll post some pictures of storage containers in a few minutes let me get them out!

So is there less of a plant matter taste based on your screening material size?
That’s more so from the material your pressing and whether it’s been cured and dried properly. Different sized microns filter the rosin more. A 160u bag won’t filter some of the smaller fatty particles or wax compounds that are a part of the plant as well where as a 90u bag will. This is the reasoning for a drop off in quantity due to the extra refining

Excellent thread here Dutch. Thanks for starting it. Got it bookmarked! :woohoo:

Wooo that’s a sweet “dab” holder, where did you get if you don’t mind telling.

This dish and 2 containers has been my go to for last 4-5 yrs. I’m due for an upgrade like that fancy smanchy container lol, my rig is broken on the top too:( that needs an upgrade also someday. But I put the dish in the fridge every night and store my excess in the freezer. Hair dryer for couple seconds on the glass containers and the shatter comes right out, if you have a good little tool.

I suppose we all know that The THC breaks down over time when exposed to light. When i used solvents I made sure people understood the importance of keeping the product in a dark cool place.
I am looking forward to changing over to the press method.
Roll on tomorrow so I can see you in action.
:slide:

Wooo that’s a sweet “dab” holder, where did you get if you don’t mind telling.

This dish and 2 containers has been my go to for last 4-5 yrs. I’m due for an upgrade like that fancy smanchy container lol, my rig is broken on the top too:( that needs an upgrade also someday. But I put the dish in the fridge every night and store my excess in the freezer. Hair dryer for couple seconds on the glass containers and the shatter comes right out, if you have a good little tool.

I found it on amazon! I thought it was sweet and I just had to have it haha! I’ll be filling these containers up with rosin soon enough!! I’ve got a bunch of different chemovars that just came down and are drying so squishing is soon to come once they are dried and cured!

That sucks about the rig I’ve got only 1 as well and want more! I use a glass banger with an airflow carb cap which is amazing for low temp dabbing!!

I usually smoke my dabs rosin or shatter pretty quick so I just store mine in the silicone containers in my spot until needed!

I suppose we all know that The THC breaks down over time when exposed to light. When i used solvents I made sure people understood the importance of keeping the product in a dark cool place.
I am looking forward to changing over to the press method.
Roll on tomorrow so I can see you in action.
:slide:

Great point I almost forgot! That’s another huge reason I use the silicone containers! Complete darkness and an airtight seal! The silicone seals really well to stop any air from getting in and it also blocks out any light from possible exposure!

Back
Top Bottom