DV8 Reg Photo Grow For Science

Hey bloke :)

They look really good :) nice colour and good shape.

Are you in suburbia?
Cheers Trala.

The short answer to your question is yes, middle surburbia, its all rose bushes, manicured lawns, and garaged cars.

The long answer is I have 5 neighbours on my fenceline and we rent. Sth is the semi retired couple who know everyone, travel alot in their fuck off size caravan and throw long socially responsible parties.

To the S/W is old mate who hangs his garden tools looking straight into my backyard. Weve never talked but hes Straighty 180. Wears a polo while watering in his fertiliser on his lawn by hand.

N/W Single mum with 2 girls around primary age who have a trampoline, and Mum has men, not sure if any are fathers but they all have sleeves and drive Commodores. She works with oldies.

To the N is old duck, her husband was a cracker, shes frail and struggling since he died. Her daughter is counting the days and we just never clicked. The Gardener comes once a fortnight and Ive seen him on ladders quite a bit.

NE is an Indian lady, couple small kids. Has an adult son who visits, they are quiet but the fence is crumbling and their chook shed over looks our patio area. Before her the old lady owner was never outside but started pushing daisies about 3 years ago, sold in like a week.

To the west are the Turks. Lets just say from day 1 its been hard living beside them. Constant people over, forced the real estate to cut out tree out, party during Rammadan, Eid etc. Lockdowns didnt mean shit to them. The owner is a lady (no husband) and her grandson that lives there has Down Syndrome. Hes harmless and no trouble. But whatever they want they get, every department under the sun is on speed dial. Thats how the got the tree cut. For sure they would pin me if they could. Called the cops on me once for parking on the lawn, something their visitors do constantly.

But I havent poisoned the lawn or put a brown snake in her car yet, so Im growing as a person. I do play a heavy metal session in their general direction a couple times a year though.

We move soon to a new house, ours, new build. Cant wait. But its quiet here in our court, everyone but us owns their place and most of them in the street behind us. I hate the house, but the area is prime. Its just sited in a shit configuration. Its a 10 min drive to Js house though. I call in at least every 3rd or 4th day.

Tucked in for bed.
20220124_203920.jpg

Their colour is so great :)

I love the run down on your neighbours. I had a Single White Female experience with a neighbour back in the mid 90’s and it has scarred me for life.

If my neighbours were interviewed about me they would all say “she was friendly, always waved but she kept to herself”. Even the lady I give clones to, when ever she has popped over to mine, I keep her at the door.

Maybe you could try putting some plastic flowers to your plants so from a distance they just look like flowering bushes.

I'll try to slap a pic up that I was shown as a suggestion.
1643020099511.png
I actually did something like this before I got my fence.

I dated a dealer who always grew in plain sight.

I actually did something like this before I got my fence.

I dated a dealer who always grew in plain sight.
I think if going for plastic flowers, it is best to choose ones that are 'boring looking', after all you want camouflage not a view that attracts attention! A grow buddy of mine planted some flowers amongst his outdoor crop, but he choose sunflowers, big bloody 8 foot tall prima donnas, and they did what sunflowers do and grew facing the sun which was facing his neighbours and not his house which probably attracted their eyes but luckily he got away with it.

Maybe you could try putting some plastic flowers to your plants so from a distance they just look like flowering bushes.

I'll try to slap a pic up that I was shown as a suggestion.
1643020099511.png
Lmao. Wth now that is funny. Lmao

Well it looks like we are on a winner today. Ordered from @CoffeeShopSeeds and is sitting at local distribution office, next stop is pickup location!

Will be my first chance at autos, along with some femmed strains Ive been dying to try.

Pumped up today.
Woohoo - you'll be rapt. Finger's crossed for a successful delivery!

Morning DV hope things are well
Cheers mate, working a holiday isnt much fun, need all the persuasion I can get.

Kids looked on point today before heading out into 37C heat...will see how they go. Slight tip curl on one but they looked like they were praying more than Ive seen in a while, even with full bellies.

Get a pic tonight

Order is ready for pickup, so 14 days total (with a public holiday) like having a second Xmas really. Ill swing past tonight and pickup. Haven't been this excited about the idea of a tent since boy scouts.

Might drop a couple stragglers from this grow off to new homes, and prep something for the yard to finish the rest (3 or 4) at home. Oddy, Mooney, topped 3, and maybe the Hex.

If I wasnt so busy Id take the day off, just shit timing with bloke I work for heading off on holidays Saturday, got to make up the short end.

Order is ready for pickup, so 14 days total (with a public holiday) like having a second Xmas really. Ill swing past tonight and pickup. Haven't been this excited about the idea of a tent since boy scouts.

Might drop a couple stragglers from this grow off to new homes, and prep something for the yard to finish the rest (3 or 4) at home. Oddy, Mooney, topped 3, and maybe the Hex.

If I wasnt so busy Id take the day off, just shit timing with bloke I work for heading off on holidays Saturday, got to make up the short end.
I’m excited by your excitement! In fact I haven’t been this excited since [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate content*]

You’ve prolly told me this and I haven’t retained it. What nutes do you use? I’m loving that shade of green :)

I’m excited by your excitement! In fact I haven’t been this excited since [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate content*]

You’ve prolly told me this and I haven’t retained it. What nutes do you use? I’m loving that shade of green :)

Its very simple, generic PK boost (Potash additive), Nitrosol, GoGo Juice. Straight off the hardware shelves. Last resort when they stalled. First experiment. If I can figure out a proper ratio it would be a winner.

Im hopeless with the numbers, but if theres a ppm schedule out there to be found one day (ppm in ratio per input) it would unlock it, I can do the math, but I need the underlying input numbers. Without it Im in the dark.

Kids loved the weather today, hot but humidity high, small rain dump at home but not too much to cause a problem, probably loved the N infused sprinkle.

Must be getting closer to the right mix of the bottle, few indicators. Can barely fit them in at night, looks like the cannibalism has not advanced, and not a burnt tip, so next one in will be a bit stronger, 15 to 20%, try and find the right range.

Every one but the Runt who lives 24/7 outside has hit the bottom of the pots, my gut tells me opening up the bottoms has been the right move. They really should have been given mycos from the start and at least once more in the up pot, but my on hand is not here. Root mass would be behind by a good 25, maybe 40% without them, hard plastics and heat hasnt helped. Throughout this grow its been a bit of trial and error, making mistakes and changes really does help the overall knowledge base.

Still working on the right configuration for self watering containers, with the next up pot coming it will be interesting to see how it goes. Results arent dependant on intentions, but media trials indicate Ive got the basics right, adequate wicking without saturation, insects and algae excluded, just need to see if the moisture levels dont swing too widly when a plant is added in. My pineberries have loved their new homes based on the same design, but they can thrive with wet feet.

Pic day tomorrow, I realise not everyone will be invested in the details put down like I want them for my own reference, so apologies for waffling on.

Back
Top Bottom