DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

i talked to dC BUD HE Sya it juat means great soil. i bought Humbolt mix Im usung a 1000 wat hps because headed to flower now. room temp warm. gets chilly at night but i like the colors it brings me. 60% rh but lowering as we speak to start flower. as there any was we could pm eachother i have some questins for you. but dont know how to pm anyone

mostly about your aero cloners. i have a book and have used it as a bible. WE$t C*A$t masters. is there they show a home made cloner through a 5 gallon bucket. are these the same setup. just smaller. im trying the 2nd time now clone. seeds just get too expensive. 1st i got to impatient using 4 in rock wool so ditched them only ro find roots inside. my second attempt and no new growth. using 2 inch rock wool. the book is a weigh to scrog and get 1lb using a 4ft by 4 scrogg. only 38 more posts haha

Firstly u need to be patient, this is a patient game.

I am going to start a separate journal tomoro dedicated to taking cuttings, getting them rooted and growing mother plants. I am finding so many people are struggling with their cuttings and gettings alot of questions pm's so it'll be easier to dedicate a journal to it. If i journaled all i do in here it would get congested and confusing fast. I currently have 14 separate grows running so its alot of work and alot to keep up with. I will sneak bits and pieces of other grows in now and again if not much is happening here. But my main focus is to document this, my personal grow, where i am free to experiment and do diff things without the worry of losing a crop. this is where i experiment and get things right before making changes at other locations.

mostly about your aero cloners. i have a book and have used it as a bible. WE$t C*A$t masters. is there they show a home made cloner through a 5 gallon bucket. are these the same setup. just smaller. im trying the 2nd time now clone. seeds just get too expensive. 1st i got to impatient using 4 in rock wool so ditched them only ro find roots inside. my second attempt and no new growth. using 2 inch rock wool. the book is a weigh to scrog and get 1lb using a 4ft by 4 scrogg. only 38 more posts haha

I'm sure Cultivator will have some great tips on cloning. I use and love "Rapid Rooter" plugs (Root Riot plugs, same thing). There is no more simple, effective (inexpensive!) cloning method, in my opinion. I have had 100% success for a while, now, and usually have healthy roots in 7-10 days, depending on strain, etc. There is a little tutorial in my blog regarding my cloning technique if you are curious. Hope you don't mind me mentioning this, Cultivator. :)

As Cultivator mentions, this hobby takes A LOT of patience! :goodluck:

heres quick update. 6 days after potting roots are coming through nicely. beautiful and white. temps are a little high in res's 70f but i am using extra cannazyme and guardian so roots shouldnt struggle so long as dosnt go over 73f

2012-10-31_09_12_37.jpg

2012-10-31_09_12_43.jpg

Looks great cultivator. Your skill is obvious :)
I'll be watching your journal eagerly.

Ok so ive been thinking about making this a comparison journal between dwc and flood drain. I going to do it. I will be comparing a 24 pot IWS flood drain system against my 10 oxypots. Now this wont be completely scientific as my oxypots are 21 litre and arent recirculating and the iws is 8 litre pots (i think) and is recirculating. Also to keep it fairer i will only use 2 600w hps on oxypots and 4 600w hps on iws. The iws takes up twice the space nearly so thought that would be fairer. I am predicting the dwc will smash the iws per squre foot but we'll see. Both systems will get same nutes, additives and boosts.

There'll be more pics to follow but here is the IWS

20121101_175833.jpg

20121101_175824.jpg

Oh hell yeah!!
See, now this is why I want to switch to Hydro..
It just looks like it'd be so god damn fun!
I've been watching more hydro grows than soil ones lately, getting geared up for it I guess!
This is going to be an amazing journal to watch.
+reps coming your way for running the comparison bro.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom