Emilya's Outdoor GeoFlora Organic Auto Journal, 2020, Unknown Master's Mix

Veg area:
This alcove and window will be blocked off with 6 mil black plastic and powered with a 6x COB array for veg.
upstairs alcove.jpg

Bloom area:
upstairs bloom room.jpg

About 10 feet of this back area, next to the back double windows will be the bloom area. The front of this area, will be sealed off with 6 mil clear plastic to isolate the grow areas from the rest of the house. Input fresh air, exhaust air and air conditioning will be handled via the double windows in the back. An oil filled electric space heater should take care of keeping the area at the right temperature during the winter, as the hot air from downstairs will rise up and help heat this room, while in the summer time, access to the lower part of the house is blocked off.
Cool area, and since heat rises take that into account as a free-bee, Might want to try enclosing some of the space with clear visqueen painters tarp curtains, or panel system (like a 3 panel oriental folding screen) to help keep heat in? .. but knowing you, youll figure something out and it'll be kick ass I'm sure.

Veg area:
This alcove and window will be blocked off with 6 mil black plastic and powered with a 6x COB array for veg.
upstairs alcove.jpg

Bloom area:
upstairs bloom room.jpg

About 10 feet of this back area, next to the back double windows will be the bloom area. The front of this area, will be sealed off with 6 mil clear plastic to isolate the grow areas from the rest of the house. Input fresh air, exhaust air and air conditioning will be handled via the double windows in the back. An oil filled electric space heater should take care of keeping the area at the right temperature during the winter, as the hot air from downstairs will rise up and help heat this room, while in the summer time, access to the lower part of the house is blocked off.
Nice space

Veg area:
upstairs alcove.jpg

Bloom area:
upstairs bloom room.jpg

It’s a great space and it sounds like you know exactly what you are doing! Can’t wait to see it once you are done.

Buddy knows better than to intentionally mess with them right now, but that tail of his can be incredibly destructive. The present temporary situation will be remedied soon... we can't have him eating my plants as they get bigger... he really loves cannabis leaves.

Today the universe aligned and I have ended up at work with both my chromebook and the memory stick. After setting up my hotspot, I can now share my stuff completely off of the company network. So today I have a little collection of progression pictures to show you.

Two days ago:
DSCF8075.JPG

Yesterday:
DSCF8076.JPG
DSCF8077.JPG

Today:
DSCF8079.JPG
DSCF8078.JPG

Clearly already we can see that we have two very distinct phenotypes emerging here. This is going to be fun! They are back out in the sun, watching for the solar panel survey team to show up today.

Looking forward to this one and learning more about the GeoFlora. Solar plans sound great!
Thanks bubkas! Glad to have you along and we will learn together! I met with the solar guys today and wow, this thing is going to be huge! I guess for $30k it should be, but I should no longer have to worry about anyone seeing over the privacy fence from that direction... the solar array is going to be quite tall and about 60' wide! Three trees back there will have to be sacrificed for the cause. Here is where it is going:
96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m12od-w1024_h768.jpg

so, back to the business at hand, i officially declare this to be the first day of veg!
Veg, Day 1
We have to start somewhere, and if we define a seedling as that young thing that still has not established itself, we need a standard to judge when that has occurred, without the subjective determination as to whether the plant has stopped swimming around in the soil when you water. From now on, I am going to consider the first true leaves to be the plant spreading out, starting to establish... but when i see that next set of leaves starting to come in, I think this could easily be the defining moment we are searching for. The plants today have become comfortable enough in their new surroundings to start working on that next set of leaves. I feel comfortable in saying that we have reached a new milestone.

Here is the pair, enjoying the sun and breeze and humidity, as well as all the bugs that are finding their way up the bucket and into the soil.
DSCF8080.JPG

In the closeups to follow, we can clearly see the second node starting to form. We are on our way.
DSCF8082.JPG
DSCF8081.JPG

Yesterday they got a good watering and this evening they still felt heavy. I know the tap root has reached the bottom by now and we will see them starting to be able to drain the cups soon out there in the hot sun. I am in unknown territory out here in the sun, so I will try to establish a wet/dry cycle now to see where we are at.

So far no geoflora veg has been given, this is simply used soil from the last grow. As such, it could still have some MegaCrop residue left over, so I am reluctant to add in any geoflora immediately. I will scratch some in on the surface soon though, so we can be sure to get the organic feeding cycle started.

I have also been delayed in getting water out of the well to give to these plants, so in the meantime they have been enjoying the filtered water that we drink.

Don't mean to be nit picking but can't help it. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine When tools aren't called by their proper names. I correct my wife all the time she will say something like can you get me a star screwdriver for the screwnail :laughtwo: A skill saw is a make or brand. The proper term is circular saw. I though it was a Canadian thing calling them a skill saw but I guess not.:hmmmm:
No, a "skill" is a talent or attribute one can posess. SKIL is the saw company and did such a good job, circular/skil saw is synonymous. Sorry, my pet peeve.

The only thing I am apprehensive about is planting them too early.. Personally I wouldn't plant anything directly into the soil for an outdoor grow unless its 2-3 weeks old giving them the best chance at withstanding the elements for the rest of the grow. I wouldn't feed em anything but dilute amounts until the first set of 5 segment leaves show. (Hey, but that's just me and these are my own thoughts independent of your grow..)

Love that You've officially assigned this as the first day of Veg.. As soon as you hatched those seeds, you officially became their slave-caretaker for a long ass time :laugh: :rofl:

The only thing I am apprehensive about is planting them too early.. Personally I wouldn't plant anything directly into the soil for an outdoor grow unless its 2-3 weeks old giving them the best chance at withstanding the elements, and wouldn't feed em anything but dilute amounts until the first set of 5 segment leaves show. (Hey, but thats just me and these are my own thoughts independent of your grow..)

Love that You've officially assigned this as the first day of Veg.. You are now officially their slave-caretaker for a long ass time :laugh: :rofl:
Please don't misunderstand... I know nothing yet about the soil in my back yard and I would not trust it in a critical medical grow without a lot more information. These two plants will be in good known soil in 5 gallon containers above the ground, and I am in no hurry to get them there. They will be up-potted into those final containers when they have shown me that they deserve it, and even with fast growing autos, I suspect that it will take the better part of 2 weeks to get there. I have been wrong before and being totally unfamiliar with actually growing my own Autos, I am in learning mode right now.

As far as not feeding... they are being organically grown, so they are being fed from day one in this rich soil and soon will have more minerals and microbes added in to further enhance the feeding cycle. Even if I were growing with add in nutes, it should be noted that every nutrient system out there includes dosages for young plants, even seedlings. There is no need to restrict nutes from young plants... it just depends on your growing style whether you wish to push your plants that hard. If you are timid and want to be overly cautious, by all means, your soil can usually support your young vegging plants for several weeks without anything extra being added. If however, you are like me, and you like pushing your plants right up to the point where they almost ignite into flames from all the nutrients, feel free to feed from day one. If you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough.

Please don't misunderstand... I know nothing yet about the soil in my back yard and I would not trust it in a critical medical grow without a lot more information. These two plants will be in good known soil in 5 gallon containers above the ground, and I am in no hurry to get them there. They will be up-potted into those final containers when they have shown me that they deserve it, and even with fast growing autos, I suspect that it will take the better part of 2 weeks to get there. I have been wrong before and being totally unfamiliar with actually growing my own Autos, I am in learning mode right now.

As far as not feeding... they are being organically grown, so they are being fed from day one in this rich soil and soon will have more minerals and microbes added in to further enhance the feeding cycle. Even if I were growing with add in nutes, it should be noted that every nutrient system out there includes dosages for young plants, even seedlings. There is no need to restrict nutes from young plants... it just depends on your growing style whether you wish to push your plants that hard. If you are timid and want to be overly cautious, by all means, your soil can usually support your young vegging plants for several weeks without anything extra being added. If however, you are like me, and you like pushing your plants right up to the point where they almost ignite into flames from all the nutrients, feel free to feed from day one. If you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough.
dont take it any other way than just expressing my rando thoughts in general independent of your grow.. It's probably a safety net in my own head.. Believe me, I'm definitely a tip burner but cautious lol.. I have this phobia or can see crickets or a katydid spoiling all your hard work in one night.. so apprehensive about planting anything directly into the soil at a fragile age.. You work magic with soils so am not worried about that aspect at all and know the soil will be prepared -conditioned to max potential in this grow.

dont take it any other way than just expressing my rando thoughts in general independent of your grow.. It's probably a safety net in my own head.. Believe me, I'm definitely a tip burner but cautious lol.. I have this phobia or can see crickets or a katydid spoiling all your hard work in one night.. so apprehensive about planting anything directly into the soil at a fragile age.. You work magic with soils so am not worried about that aspect at all and know the soil will be prepared -conditioned to max potential in this grow.
PSA: beware mice! Those little ninjas can come right in your house, break into the veg cabinet and chew your young plant in half. What you get for paying 15 dollars for a seed.:rip:

Back
Top Bottom