Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

I just wanted to show off our new bloom room floor. This should effectively stop bugs from hiding out in my floorboards only to come up to invade my plants. FlexiSeal to the rescue! You could now float down the river in my bloom room due to its highly reflective, waterproof and rubberized Bloom Room floor, ver 2.0.

20220212_155406.jpg

I just wanted to show off our new bloom room floor. This should effectively stop bugs from hiding out in my floorboards only to come up to invade my plants. FlexiSeal to the rescue! You could now float down the river in my bloom room due to its highly reflective, waterproof and reflective Bloom Room floor, ver 2.0.

20220212_155406.jpg
That is GORGEOUS. And HUGE!!!!! So much space! What are the dimensions of that room and what lights do you plan to fill it with?

I have the MEGA up in the back of the room and a DIY 6x COB array near the camera on the right side for another 2x4 area there. The room is 6x14, and the 5x5 bloom footprint of the mega fits in just perfectly there in the back. There is a big room fan mounted on the wall to the left of the camera. On the right side of the wall are the veg grow rooms, same dimensions, just this room sliced horizontally in the middle.

I have the MEGA up in the back of the room and a DIY 6x COB array near the camera on the right side for another 2x4 area there. The room is 6x14, and the 5x5 bloom footprint of the mega fits in just perfectly there in the back. There is a big room fan mounted on the wall to the left of the camera. On the right side of the wall are the veg grow rooms, same dimensions, just this room sliced horizontally in the middle.
So the actual dedicated bloom space is 6x7 ish? And the MEGA and the COB array, I guess also with your reds, fills that space? Or am I visualizing incorrectly?

So the actual dedicated bloom space is 6x7 ish? And the MEGA and the COB array, I guess also with your reds, fills that space? Or am I visualizing incorrectly?
This whole 6x14 room is bloom space.... I just tend to grow back in the back half of the room under the MEGA. I could install another mega and use the entire room, but I dont have the license for that. But if I ever need extra bloom area, I have it, and have spots to set up my DIY COB rig on the right and my MARS sp-3000 on the left side in its own 2x5 space also. Now that I have 220v up there, I can do it all at once... last year, I didn't have the current.

This whole 6x14 room is bloom space.... I just tend to grow back in the back half of the room under the MEGA. I could install another mega and use the entire room, but I dont have the license for that. But if I ever need extra bloom area, I have it, and have spots to set up my DIY right and my MARS sp-3000 on the left side in its own 2x5 also.
Gotcha. I forget that it's not just Canada where licensing is an issue for people. Can't we just federalize and get a little consistency, please? Or will that screw everything up? Lol. Sorry, unrelated comment.

EDIT: I missed the 220 part. You're running 220 up there? How does that affect the electric bill?

And: What if one had a light that was not 220 but wanted to use it in a 220 setup. Is there a universal adapter type thing one can get or no?

Sweet floor sealing Em! does that stuff come in gallons and rolls/brushes out?
It comes in quart or small spray cans. I just poured it out on the floor and used a brush and roller to spread it out. Each quart covers 37 square feet. With the floorboard cracks to fill in, it took almost 3 quarts to cover the room with one thick coat.

EDIT: I missed the 220 part. You're running 220 up there? How does that affect the electric bill?

And: What if one had a light that was not 220 but wanted to use it in a 220 setup. Is there a universal adapter type thing one can get or no?
I have run a 220 line from the breaker box downstairs to a smaller one upstairs. Up there I can break the 220 out into two separate 110 lines or use the entire 220 when it is applicable. Many of our new modern LED lights use universal power supplies that allow them to automatically switch to 110, 220 and 277v, so as to be able to be used worldwide.

In high current situations, much of your power loss is in the feedlines, not the light itself. The longer the wire run from the breaker box, the more that is lost as heat, but the higher the voltage, the more efficient the transfer becomes. Running a MEGA at 220 instead of 110 saves a significant amount of energy given the same length of run and I definitely notice it on my electric bill.

Keep in mind too that the grow rooms still have the original house 110 outlets too... but i prefer to run space heaters and lights on the 220 circuit.

It comes in quart or small spray cans. I just poured it out on the floor and used a brush and roller to spread it out. Each quart covers 37 square feet. With the floorboard cracks to fill in, it took almost 3 quarts to cover the room with one thick coat.
That's a nice seal now! Beautiful! Yeah, hehe, that's the room to go to if the great flood comes.

They were all slowly watered to the point of runoff so as to merge the old and new soil regions. The lights were adjusted to about 18,000 LUX.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was after!

This weekend was room rotation day, so our 3 Tangies got moved to their own light in the bloom room. Here they sit, on day 1 of their transition.

DSCF1241.JPG

The cloning station is still going strong and all the cuttings but one are standing upright and looking none the worse for all the hassle they have been put through. I have a camera set up to monitor it, the temperature is being maintained at 75 and all seems to be well. I continue to mist them twice a day.
DSCF1243.JPG

We have a new soil reclamation station, and all the males and a couple of used containers of soil have been thrown in there so that we can recompost the plants back into the soil and hit it with some soil rejuvenator between grows.

DSCF1242.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of the bloom room, first shot is early this morning just as the red lights came on
DSCF1238.JPG

Then a couple of bud shots. All the blooming plants got water last night and the newest plants got fed for the second time. The old plants have been blooming for 55 days and the new ones for 24.

I have made a significant change this weekend since I think I have figured out what this "hang dog droopy" look is all about. It turns out that as active as the plants were under this 13.5 hour day during early bloom, the definitely do not like it during late bloom while they are trying to finish out. Saturday I changed back to the standard 12/12 and adjusted the red lights accordingly. Already the plants have calmed down and the leaves are heading back to looking normal. It turns out that there is still much to learn about extending the lighting pattern and that there are times in the grow where more light can be tolerated, and at the end of the season, it seems that a shorter day is called for. The experiments go on, but for now I am going to call trying to go 14 hours by the end of the grow to be a total failure... the plants in this case are smarter than I am. Here are a couple of bud shots while we patiently wait now for these plants to finish out.
DSCF1240.JPG
DSCF1239.JPG

I will actually be able to measure it. I will measure the amount of LUX hitting the floor at a specific wattage before putting up the mylar and compare it to an identical situation after the mylar. It should be abundantly clear why we put up mylar just based on the results of that measurement.

Regarding the stark "high contrast" color scheme... it is a common way to add to the sellability of a home... it adds "impact." We will be "fixing" many areas in the home over time... I like much softer colors. But here in the grow room, we will reverse things to make the plants happy... the floor will be dark and the walls will be highly reflective.

As far as the straight shooting goes... I much prefer that over someone who pretends but then talks bad about me in other threads or on other forums... that shit hurts and is just not friendly.

Peace and love to everyone... even those who I have argued with, but most especially to those who have blocked me so they don't have to see my words. It is they whom I love the most, for it is there that I know that I have been the most influential.
:snowboating:
L

Back
Top Bottom