Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

I would have to find a taller attic. The middle ceiling in there is 6'6"... most tents are 7'. I gave away several of my tents and decided to make this work. Have I told you about the indoor rain I can produce in the winter time by heating the attic, bringing in moisture, and letting that work against the super cold metal roof just inches away? It was ugly. Without extensive insulation installation, winter grows are not going to be possible in that space. Summer heat is much easier to deal with (no inside rain) and all I need to do is set the house temp to 70 and then fan that cold air into the rooms. Without, it can easily get to 110 in there... with proper airflow management, I can keep it below 85.
Betcha you could toss one simple regular sized (5000 btu) window AC unit up in there at whatever end the air flow comes from the most and blow it on high in that same direction and never have an issue. Just a thought. It is pretty easy and maintenance free, and in your situation you wouldn't even have to seal anything. Just put it in and let it run on the coldest setting it's got. Personally I'd go with an 8000 btu unit by Toshiba that has digital readout and bluetooth controller, also ability to set the air temp to anywhere from 64 to 78 and keep it that way, and also has a dehumidifier function that will significantly reduce the humidity when needed although it doesn't cool as much on that setting. WELL worth the $315 at Home Depot in my opinion. Just my two cents thoughts. I'm sure you've considered it or something like it. I'm here to tell you it works really really well. You can look at the square footage you're trying to cool and compare to the projected square footage the box says it will cool and figure out the best size if you went that route. Besides temp control, they REALLY help with humidity - I've been keeping the photo tent at >45% for budding, which is not easy.

Something to consider perhaps!

Congratulations on your studiness. Mrs Handy Woman is making a grow room in the attic. No offense, Just don't see many women with a project of that scale. :love: Did you read any of @Hyena Merica journals. He did the attic for awhile. He did DWC, automated. Your LSD brood look very pretty! Well kept! Happy Smokin'

The LSD plants finally got their watering on Saturday, after a 10 day wet/dry cycle and we can see from this that the bugs have really slowed things down. This is understandable, and as we eradicate the bugs we should also see the plants kick into high gear to fill out these containers. I sprayed them with SNS 203 again on Sunday evening, and now we wait again to see how much time they take to drain this water this time. Feeding day is coming up this week too. The NextLight 420H has been raised 6" or so to get us a bigger footprint, and the intensity has been set on high.

DSCF0126.JPG

SNS 5 days
Water 6 days
Feed 15 days

These LSD plants are moving right along, now after having put the invading bugs mostly in check, the roots have really started to grow. We went down to a 6 day interval between waterings this time and I expect that time to keep decreasing over the next couple of waterings. They are rapidly reaching the point of needing to be transplanted into their final containers, but not yet. Patience will win out as I wait for the problems to get solved and the container to fill up with roots, before moving up to the next stage.

The bug problem is definitely going away, but even though a little delayed this time, they just got the SNS 203 foliar treatment again, along with all the other plants moving to the room. I would like to eliminate the bugs while still in this room, trying not to move the problem into the bloom room, which is getting a deep clean this weekend to prepare for the final bloom of the year.

Today was also @GeoFlora Nutrients feeding day plus one, so they all got fed with the watering today. It has been a while since we have seen it because of the bugs, but today all the plants were praying hard toward the NextLight 420h, a very good sight to see. Probably because of the slowdown due to the bugs, we have not seen any bonafide deficiencies in the plants at this late stage of veg, and even going a bit late on the feeding this time, no signs can be seen.

So far, so good and with no pressures to do anything fast, we are patiently waiting for the plants to get ready for large production. I am pretty much done with the training at this point, with each plant capable of giving me 10 or so main branches, and then stepping up to 7 gallon containers to finish in should allow for some good weight on each of those branches. We are not going crazy this time with trying to produce twice as many flowering branches, and I will be seeing if this reduced version of what we grew last time will be better able to be handled once they start stretching up into the tomato cages. Live and learn... each time we strive to get it a little better perfected.

DSCF0133.JPG

Very nice, Emmie!! Like you said, they're praying hard! I so enjoy fixing whatever is wrong and see them looking good again! Growing cannabis is so rewarding for me to enjoy the smoke, but also to see how gorgeous a cannabis plant can be! They do look gorgeous! Happy Smokin'

Hello Emmybird

I know you’ve had a tough time lately. I’m thinking about you and sending you sunshine and love.

Xo
Thank you sweety! What a wonderful message to wake up to this morning! Yes, the funeral and all that has happened has changed my world in a fundamental way. Try as I might, I can't find my old normal, and it has been hard to get back to the old routine. Time heals all wounds they say, and with the love and support that I get from this forum and from my friends and relatives that surround me, along with the healing powers of my garden, I will be ok. Thank YOU for being there. Stay safe. xxoo :love:

Yesterday we did a deep clean of the bloom room and a light cleaning of the active veg rooms. The LSD plants are big enough that they are about ready to move up to their final containers and live under the big footprint of the NextLight MEGA there in the bloom room. The LSDs are just about ready for that move and with the watering tonight, they will have moved to a 3-4 day wet/dry cycle on this round, and by the next time they need water, they will also need an uppotting.

The first mop bucket revealed some tiny red bugs that had been crawling around on the floor, most likely in search of my next plants. This prompted me to use bleach on the next mopping, and really center in on the corners and baseboards. The walls were given a vinegar and water cleaning and then buffed out to a high shine with a big fuzzy bath towel. A new filter was put on the input fan to keep out the largest bugs and the room got a general cleanup of all the equipment that had settled in there over this last year.

We are ready for an epic bloom, of what looks like is going to be 11 plants all finishing up at different rates, illustrating another reason why organic gardening makes so much sense. We have 5 LSD, 3 Bushmans and 3 Amnesia in here, so now the trick would be to figure out the feed requirements for 3 such divergent strains of medicine... that is if we were growing synthetically. We are however growing organically with the @GeoFlora Nutrients system, se we have no need to figure feed levels out... the microbes are managing all of that for me! This alone greatly uncomplicates growing for the average home grower of medicine.

I hope you have your sunglasses on... here is the room as we finished up last night. The blue square is the actual dimension of the NextLIght MEGA if it were sitting on the floor.

DSCF0139.JPG

Lastly, I am pleased to report that the switch to 12/12 in one of the rooms did the trick, and we now have quickly identified the sex on all of the plants. We did end up with one more Amnesia, for a total of 3 and 1 male. Since we ran out of the hard sided 3 gallon containers we have been using on this round, the last female was transplanted, no till method into one of the previous grow's 7 gallon containers by simply pulling out the root stalk and hollowing out a hole the size of the 1 gallon containers in the hard dry soil in that bag. The transplant went well, she was fed as a 7 gallon plant, and hopefully she will look a lot happier in 2-3 days. She was also given a foliar spray of SNS 203 to battle the bugs. She and the 5 LSD plants will be the first to move to the bloom room in their final containers once all this settles down.

DSCF0137.JPG

Here is the Amnesia male, about a week away from being isolated.

DSCF0138.JPG

Yesterday we did a deep clean of the bloom room and a light cleaning of the active veg rooms. The LSD plants are big enough that they are about ready to move up to their final containers and live under the big footprint of the NextLight MEGA there in the bloom room. The LSDs are just about ready for that move and with the watering tonight, they will have moved to a 3-4 day wet/dry cycle on this round, and by the next time they need water, they will also need an uppotting.

The first mop bucket revealed some tiny red bugs that had been crawling around on the floor, most likely in search of my next plants. This prompted me to use bleach on the next mopping, and really center in on the corners and baseboards. The walls were given a vinegar and water cleaning and then buffed out to a high shine with a big fuzzy bath towel. A new filter was put on the input fan to keep out the largest bugs and the room got a general cleanup of all the equipment that had settled in there over this last year.

We are ready for an epic bloom, of what looks like is going to be 11 plants all finishing up at different rates, illustrating another reason why organic gardening makes so much sense. We have 5 LSD, 3 Bushmans and 3 Amnesia in here, so now the trick would be to figure out the feed requirements for 3 such divergent strains of medicine... that is if we were growing synthetically. We are however growing organically with the @GeoFlora Nutrients system, se we have no need to figure feed levels out... the microbes are managing all of that for me! This alone greatly uncomplicates growing for the average home grower of medicine.

I hope you have your sunglasses on... here is the room as we finished up last night. The blue square is the actual dimension of the NextLIght MEGA if it were sitting on the floor.

DSCF0139.JPG

Lastly, I am pleased to report that the switch to 12/12 in one of the rooms did the trick, and we now have quickly identified the sex on all of the plants. We did end up with one more Amnesia, for a total of 3 and 1 male. Since we ran out of the hard sided 3 gallon containers we have been using on this round, the last female was transplanted, no till method into one of the previous grow's 7 gallon containers by simply pulling out the root stalk and hollowing out a hole the size of the 1 gallon containers in the hard dry soil in that bag. The transplant went well, she was fed as a 7 gallon plant, and hopefully she will look a lot happier in 2-3 days. She was also given a foliar spray of SNS 203 to battle the bugs. She and the 5 LSD plants will be the first to move to the bloom room in their final containers once all this settles down.

DSCF0137.JPG

Here is the Amnesia male, about a week away from being isolated.

DSCF0138.JPG
Hi Emily - Do you typically stay in hard sided pots until your final 7gl? That would be a lot easier for transplanting. Making the right sized hole in the new container when they're coming from fabric pots is challenging.

Hi Emily - Do you typically stay in hard sided pots until your final 7gl? That would be a lot easier for transplanting. Making the right sized hole in the new container when they're coming from fabric pots is challenging.
For several years I have been using cloth containers at every step, simply cutting away the 1 gallon and 3 gallon containers when it was time to uppot. Recently I decided to standardize things around here and streamline my growing process, mainly so I could reuse my containers over and over again and have everything on hand that I need for a 12 plant grow, without having to have a steady stream of UPS and FEDex drivers come to my door for each grow. So this is the first time in a long while that I have used hard sided containers, and I have to say that I am pleased with the resulting roots, and very pleased with the ease of cleanup and storage of the equipment afterwards.

For several years I have been using cloth containers at every step, simply cutting away the 1 gallon and 3 gallon containers when it was time to uppot. Recently I decided to standardize things around here and streamline my growing process, mainly so I could reuse my containers over and over again and have everything on hand that I need for a 12 plant grow, without having to have a steady stream of UPS and FEDex drivers come to my door for each grow. So this is the first time in a long while that I have used hard sided containers, and I have to say that I am pleased with the resulting roots, and very pleased with the ease of cleanup and storage of the equipment afterwards.
Ah, good to know! I may start using hard sided pots for 1gl & 3gl and fabric for the final 7gl. Making the next hole the right size is half the battle.

Do you find the plants are able to suck up the runoff like the fabric pots?

Do you find the plants are able to suck up the runoff like the fabric pots?
Yes, as long as you get pots with holes all the way down to the bottom. I tend to leave at least an inch in there after I am finished watering them the second time so as to make sure I have saturated the entire container.

All is well with our 5 LSD plants. I have been a little out of things this week so I didn't get a lot of updating done, but I have kept up with the watering and got another spraying in too. This next week I am going to move them to their final 7 gallon containers and move them into the bloom room to be under the big @NextLight MEGA to continue veg for at least a couple more weeks after that. The next feed day is coming up soon, and that will probably be the most optimum time to do this uppotting.
The bugs have been mostly mitigated, but I will keep spraying for a while longer yet, especially after getting out of my pattern last week. Still on the list of things to do while in Veg is a very complete cleaning of the lower third and the middle of the canopy.
Here are a couple of shots that show great lift and a good color, without very many signs of distress other than what is left over from the bugs.

DSCF0142.JPG
DSCF0141.JPG

Highya Emmie,

Your ladies look beautiful! Great job. I hope you're alright?!? Happy Smokin'

Highya Emmie,

Your ladies look beautiful! Great job. I hope you're alright?!? Happy Smokin'
Hiya Bode! Thank you and yes, I will be ok. It was just one of those very hard weeks and then I caught a cold too. Two days off of work and in bed sleeping a lot along with several days of over the counter stuff and I am now well on the mend.

That's where we are too. Seems so much harder to recuperate at our (Julie and I) age. But, it's late fall, so we get to recuperate all winter. Glad you're on the mend!! Happy Smokin'

I missed seeing your little face around the forum Emmybird:)

I know you are going through a lot. If you ever need a friend my PM box is always open to you :)
It is nice to know that I am missed when I step away for a week. lol Thank you for the offer to talk... I have several friends who have made similar offers, and again it is nice to know that I have some real friends on this forum. They say time heals all wounds, but this is not going to be that easy. The other day I rolled a big fattie and when it dawned on me that normally my big brother would have been there on a Saturday morning to share it with me while seeing how much pot he could beg off of me and what odd jobs I needed him to do. I just sat there crying for a while, looking at that joint and it was a while before I could smoke it. It's getting a little easier with each day and they say I am going through the steps, but I think I am going to be stuck on anger for quite a while. Let's go Brandon! Thank you for being there for me Trala... it really does help.

You most certainly are sweetheart :)

I know quite a bit about grief unfortunately and I have come to realise it is your last complete demonstration of that pure love that feels almost primal. Where your tears become the river where the love, and anger, and despair flows right through your own body.

It is a process and you will endure it. You will never be fully whole again because how can you without him? And that’s ok because that keeps him with you forever.

I now have a grief rule. When I lose someone I love I buy myself something precious, that has real value. It reminds me that the previous love I have for them is with me. And when I need to find them I touch it and know I had love that was mine. My son has added to it, making them more precious, He bought me a little gold heart many years ago, and an endless knot which is on my mum and dads bangle, and a gold disc with the initials of my two grandsons.

I’m not sure if it’s just me being a opportunist looking for any excuse to buy myself gold or if it is a gift that holds deeper meaning, but either way it makes me feel better. Like I have a love I can hold onto when I need it.

Probably just me being bOnKeRs tbh.

Just know I feel you and I’m sending you strength. You will weather this because you have no other choice.

Back
Top Bottom