Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

Today I needed to make the next step so as to be able to get going with Bloom this round. I needed to assemble my deep red and far red trigger light in the Bloom room. A test assemble without solder and without electrical tape was done on my workbench and all tested out perfectly. The next step will be to use double sided tape to attach it to the bottom side of my next light Mega and to put a electronic switch on the power supply for control.

20211109_172434.jpg

Today I needed to make the next step so as to be able to get going with Bloom this round. I needed to assemble my deep red and far red trigger light in the Bloom room. A test assemble without solder and without electrical tape was done on my workbench and all tested out perfectly. The next step will be to use double sided tape to attach it to the bottom side of my next light Mega and to put a electronic switch on the power supply for control.

20211109_172434.jpg
@Emilya, are you trying to say that YOU personally are doing this work? You do THIS too?

I know you're taken, but marry me.

:rofl:

@Emilya, are you trying to say that YOU personally are doing this work? You do THIS too?

I know you're taken, but marry me.

:rofl:
lol, yes, definitely taken, but thank you all the same and yes, I am doing the electrical work. I got my first Amateur Radio license at the age of 14 and have been proficient with a soldering iron and with a working knowledge of Ohm's Law at least since then. That was one of the factors that compelled me invite my Dad to live with us when we bought the new house. His mobility was rapidly decreasing and it came down to either he had to give up his ham station and move to assisted living, or we needed to combine resources. Now Dad still has a 60' radio tower so he can keep up with his 75 meter buddies all around the world along with a dedicated room to set up all of his equipment, and my ham station got a big upgrade, but more importantly, Dad is happy and still can enjoy his lifelong hobby.

Yep, and knowing the current and voltage requirements of this LED strip, I personally picked out the correct constant current power supply for it too. I read the power curve chart and figured out exactly where I wanted to run this strip, at about 70% maximum.

I actually started out in college with a scholarship to an electrical engineering school, but by the time I got my associate's degree I knew I wanted to change my major to business and marketing, with a minor in comp. sci. The world changed with that decision and I found my niche.

The big LSD plants are now at about a 3 day wet/dry cycle, definitely working on filling those 3g containers with roots. We are 3 days away from feeding time, and I want to coordinate the uppotting with that feeding. Over the next several days since I am going to enjoy a 4 day weekend this week, (Happy Veterans Day and Thank You to all who served!) I will be uppotting these 5 beauties into their final 7 gallon containers and moving them over to the spanking clean bloom room to finish out their Veg time.

Please note the droop that we are suddenly seeing... they won't tolerate going without water too much longer. Two of the plants are starting to struggle a bit and will be sending out more roots to find the last bits of water, and a couple of the plants haven't quite gotten to that point yet. I will transplant them when they have earned it.

Here is one that isn't yet struggling...

DSCF0147.JPG

And here are two that are going to need some attention soon.

DSCF0146.JPG
DSCF0145.JPG

Highya Emmie,

I hope you like hearing it said that you have some beautiful ladies there!! Vibrant looking green leaves so pretty. It's a pleasure to visit your journal. Thank you. Happy Smokin'

Today was feeding day for our big girls, so they also got upgraded to their final 7g containers. The roots were impressive and starting to wrap around the bottom... it was the perfect time to uppot. They were all moved into the big room to be able to spread out under the MEGA.

We also attached the Red led strip to the bottom side of the MEGA, right on the center divider between the two lights. The power supply and the WYZE plug will be installed on the top of the MEGA so as to be able to control it.

DSCF0151.JPG

So here we go... and we have at least 2 more weeks of veg for these LSD plants as they work on filling the new containers. Today we took care of uppotting, feeding and watering and tomorrow I will do another watering to make sure I saturated the new soil, and I will also spray some more SNS 203 and trim up the bottoms of the plants a bit.

DSCF0152.JPG

I forgot to show you the roots that are coming out of the 3 gallon containers... not too shabby at all, and the perfect time to uppot

DSCF0149.JPG
Awesome. I up potted my Strawberry Banana FF photo from a three to a five this morning. I couldn't stand the sight of her already practically outgrowing a three, and even though that was the plan, I up potted her anyway. Only I was going cloth pot with handles into cloth pot with handles. Lemme tell you, that's a lot more hairy than doing the transplant out of plastic pots. The fabric doesn't slide nicely up the hole you made when you pull it out, so it continually destroys the walls of the hole you're trying to establish. Never did it from fabric before. I got it, it was perfect, but it took some finagling. Lol. Nice up potting timing. Those are nice.

This is going to be the last posting in regards to the LSD plants... at least here in the VEG journal! I have asked the moderators to re-open the original LSD journal started in 2016 when I first got this pack of seeds. The continuation of this saga may be found at:

As this year rushes to its end, I just wanted to put down some thoughts as to mistakes made this year along with ways to do things better in 2022.

This year we had two huge harvests, that required us to bring in extra help for uppotting, sometimes watering and definitely harvesting. Running 12 or 18 large plants at the same time is too much work and really stressed the capabilities of our grow area, and after seeing how hard this was, we are not going to do that any more. Secondly, it takes longer to get to the point of gain in these huge grows, where we have been patiently waiting for the plants to fill up 7 and 10 gallon containers for 100 days of veg or more, and every time we have finally gotten to the point of harvest, we and our patients have been desperate for product, forcing us to somewhat hurry the drying and curing process in order to get it out to everyone.

Secondly, here in Missouri, running at the 18 plants in bloom, 18 plants in veg licensing on the medical growers permit, is very expensive. In addition to the original $125 to get my own medical card, it then requires additional grower cards for 3 individuals, including myself, again at $125 apiece. Doing the math shows that licensing alone is costing me $500 per year to keep this legal.

Surely there is a better way, especially considering that we only achieved the full 18/18 plants once during this entire 2 years of operation. We debated on this for a while and realized that we can make this a much more efficient operation, by reducing its size by quite a bit.

After this current end of the year double run of LSD and then Amnesia/Bushmans is harvested, we will restart in the spring with a new and lighter concept. We are not going to activate the other 2 caregiver permits when they expire and will not officially be providing support for other patients. The operation will then be limited by my cultivator permit only for the foreseeable future. If we need to, we can and will reinstate the other two licenses, but I think we can save at least $250 just in licensing fees, without hurting over all production, by just being smarter with this operation.

So with one license, we will be limited to 6 plants vegging and 6 plants blooming. I am thinking a shorter growing schedule and smaller, 5 gallon containers will be just fine. We are going to regiment this entire operation to a strict timeline, and we will be running an operation with a small mini harvest each and every month after April when things are in full production.

The plan is to start 3 plants (or clones) each month. Each of these plants will be vegged for 2 months. At the end of the 2 months of veg, they will go into bloom for 8 weeks. Each time 3 plants are harvested, 3 more will be ready to go into the bloom room. Each harvest of 3 plants in 5 gallon containers should easily give us 3 oz of product, for a total of 9oz each month. Eight months of this till the end of the year will net us about 70 oz of product for the year. I think this should do us. If not, in 2023 we will activate a second license and go for 6 new plants each month.

On paper, this seems like a good plan and will be a more steady distribution of the workload without any crazy 5 day crunches of harvests that totally take over the house and all of our lives, since I can handle a 5g 3 plant harvest in my sleep. This will also allow us to put new strains in the rotation every month to provide much more variety than we did this year by running only 2 or 3 major strains in these large grows.

It took us a while to get here and we needed first to see what we and our grow areas were capable of, how much work actual production turned out to be, and how much product we actually needed to produce in order to keep up with things.

By the end of the year I will close out this journal, as it was intended to be a 2 year perpetual that would get us to this point of re-evaluation and adjustment. The next Veg journal will be very active, changing with every month's addition to the rotation, and always 1 or 2 months ahead of what is happening in the bloom room. This will also allow me many more opportunities to test seeds that are made available and to use up some of the quality seeds that are given to me, while not worrying too much if one of them ends up being less than great, at least another batch is only a month away! And, since my grow rooms are presently necessitating a break during the coldest part of the winter, that seems to be a natural place to end a perpetual journal of this type, so the 2022 Veg Journal will only have a 1 year duration.

So as we close out this 2020-2021 Veg journal, I want to thank those who followed along this last 2 years along with my hopes that you were not only entertained, but also learned something. I enjoyed having your support and you being here, so thank you one and all for following along. I hope this year is ending well for you and that you too have big plans for this upcoming year. Around here we say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah as well as Blessed Yule. May your holidays be happy and your blessings bountiful as we head into the new year.

Happy Growing to all, from the crew here at Emmie's Gardens, Emilya, Ms. J, Pops and at the moment, 11 dogs.

As this year rushes to its end, I just wanted to put down some thoughts as to mistakes made this year along with ways to do things better in 2022.

This year we had two huge harvests, that required us to bring in extra help for uppotting, sometimes watering and definitely harvesting. Running 12 or 18 large plants at the same time is too much work and really stressed the capabilities of our grow area, and after seeing how hard this was, we are not going to do that any more. Secondly, it takes longer to get to the point of gain in these huge grows, where we have been patiently waiting for the plants to fill up 7 and 10 gallon containers for 100 days of veg or more, and every time we have finally gotten to the point of harvest, we and our patients have been desperate for product, forcing us to somewhat hurry the drying and curing process in order to get it out to everyone.

Secondly, here in Missouri, running at the 18 plants in bloom, 18 plants in veg licensing on the medical growers permit, is very expensive. In addition to the original $125 to get my own medical card, it then requires additional grower cards for 3 individuals, including myself, again at $125 apiece. Doing the math shows that licensing alone is costing me $500 per year to keep this legal.

Surely there is a better way, especially considering that we only achieved the full 18/18 plants once during this entire 2 years of operation. We debated on this for a while and realized that we can make this a much more efficient operation, by reducing its size by quite a bit.

After this current end of the year double run of LSD and then Amnesia/Bushmans is harvested, we will restart in the spring with a new and lighter concept. We are not going to activate the other 2 caregiver permits when they expire and will not officially be providing support for other patients. The operation will then be limited by my cultivator permit only for the foreseeable future. If we need to, we can and will reinstate the other two licenses, but I think we can save at least $250 just in licensing fees, without hurting over all production, by just being smarter with this operation.

So with one license, we will be limited to 6 plants vegging and 6 plants blooming. I am thinking a shorter growing schedule and smaller, 5 gallon containers will be just fine. We are going to regiment this entire operation to a strict timeline, and we will be running an operation with a small mini harvest each and every month after April when things are in full production.

The plan is to start 3 plants (or clones) each month. Each of these plants will be vegged for 2 months. At the end of the 2 months of veg, they will go into bloom for 8 weeks. Each time 3 plants are harvested, 3 more will be ready to go into the bloom room. Each harvest of 3 plants in 5 gallon containers should easily give us 3 oz of product, for a total of 9oz each month. Eight months of this till the end of the year will net us about 70 oz of product for the year. I think this should do us. If not, in 2023 we will activate a second license and go for 6 new plants each month.

On paper, this seems like a good plan and will be a more steady distribution of the workload without any crazy 5 day crunches of harvests that totally take over the house and all of our lives, since I can handle a 5g 3 plant harvest in my sleep. This will also allow us to put new strains in the rotation every month to provide much more variety than we did this year by running only 2 or 3 major strains in these large grows.

It took us a while to get here and we needed first to see what we and our grow areas were capable of, how much work actual production turned out to be, and how much product we actually needed to produce in order to keep up with things.

By the end of the year I will close out this journal, as it was intended to be a 2 year perpetual that would get us to this point of re-evaluation and adjustment. The next Veg journal will be very active, changing with every month's addition to the rotation, and always 1 or 2 months ahead of what is happening in the bloom room. This will also allow me many more opportunities to test seeds that are made available and to use up some of the quality seeds that are given to me, while not worrying too much if one of them ends up being less than great, at least another batch is only a month away! And, since my grow rooms are presently necessitating a break during the coldest part of the winter, that seems to be a natural place to end a perpetual journal of this type, so the 2022 Veg Journal will only have a 1 year duration.

So as we close out this 2020-2021 Veg journal, I want to thank those who followed along this last 2 years along with my hopes that you were not only entertained, but also learned something. I enjoyed having your support and you being here, so thank you one and all for following along. I hope this year is ending well for you and that you too have big plans for this upcoming year. Around here we say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah as well as Blessed Yule. May your holidays be happy and your blessings bountiful as we head into the new year.

Happy Growing to all, from the crew here at Emmie's Gardens, Emilya, Ms. J, Pops and at the moment, 11 dogs.

I don't even want to know the man hours that it took to upkeep that many plants! We get overwhelmed with just the few at times.

Thank you for all the knowledge and insight you provided! I do agree it would be more beneficial to have more runs and test out a variety of seeds. Looking forward to seeing your next grows!

Thanks so much for this. Amazing. So.....Em, if I can fill sevens in 40 days of veg with any photo, you certainly can with your eyes closed. And starting from clone? What about 7s instead of 5s, to do the same number of plants but increase your yield? No? Gracias for your continued posting of knowledge and support.

Thanks so much for this. Amazing. So.....Em, if I can fill sevens in 40 days of veg with any photo, you certainly can with your eyes closed. And starting from clone? What about 7s instead of 5s, to do the same number of plants but increase your yield? No? Gracias for your continued posting of knowledge and support.
Hi Jon,
After pondering the numbers I put up above and reviewing the Missouri cultivation rules, I am going to start off with 6 new plants being added every month. This will put 18 plants into the rotation, with a 6 plant harvest every month. Surely that is going to be enough for all of us... maybe too much.

It's not just a matter of filling 7s in two months, because as you said, I can do that in my sleep... but the additional costs associated with it. Geoflora costs for instance... I would much rather feed at the 1/2 cup rate for the 5g containers, or 6 cups per feeding, than at the 7g container rate of 2/3 cup, for a total of 8 cups per feeding. Then there is the physical work to consider, dealing with 84 gallons of soil vs 72 gallons. I am of the belief that I can easily get 4 oz out of a 5gallon container, if not more. This means that every month I will be harvesting approximately 24 oz of product. All of the people in my group, including me and the 10 dogs, can not smoke that much in a month, as our usage right now is somewhere around half of that.

Also to consider, I have not been taking advantage of the current laws as much as I am able to. Since Missouri is allowing for 3 stages, and considers young seedlings and clones in a separate category, allowing an additional 6 plants in that stage, I can double the efficiency of my Veg area, simply by staggering veg into two groups. I have not yet taken advantage of that little quirk in the law, and I should be. The plan being discussed will double the efficiency and production of my veg rooms, without even trying very hard.

This year, it is all about efficiency. I want to work less, work smarter, and reduce costs of production, and I think this plan will do all of that.

Hi Jon,
After pondering the numbers I put up above and reviewing the Missouri cultivation rules, I am going to start off with 6 new plants being added every month. This will put 18 plants into the rotation, with a 6 plant harvest every month. Surely that is going to be enough for all of us... maybe too much.

It's not just a matter of filling 7s in two months, because as you said, I can do that in my sleep... but the additional costs associated with it. Geoflora costs for instance... I would much rather feed at the 1/2 cup rate for the 5g containers, or 6 cups per feeding, than at the 7g container rate of 2/3 cup, for a total of 8 cups per feeding. Then there is the physical work to consider, dealing with 84 gallons of soil vs 72 gallons. I am of the belief that I can easily get 4 oz out of a 5gallon container, if not more. This means that every month I will be harvesting approximately 24 oz of product. All of the people in my group, including me and the 10 dogs, can not smoke that much in a month, as our usage right now is somewhere around half of that.

Also to consider, I have not been taking advantage of the current laws as much as I am able to. Since Missouri is allowing for 3 stages, and considers young seedlings and clones in a separate category, allowing an additional 6 plants in that stage, I can double the efficiency of my Veg area, simply by staggering veg into two groups. I have not yet taken advantage of that little quirk in the law, and I should be. The plan being discussed will double the efficiency and production of my veg rooms, without even trying very hard.

This year, it is all about efficiency. I want to work less, work smarter, and reduce costs of production, and I think this plan will do all of that.
Gotcha. As usual, sounds like you've got all the bases covered.

Gotcha. As usual, sounds like you've got all the bases covered.
Again I made some mistakes in my numbers as I wrote out my last message. I have had one of my patients fail to renew her card, and I would not be surprised to see an inspection of my grow space before my current license runs out in March. So going into this, I am restricted by the limits of my own personal cultivation license, limiting me to 18 plants total, with no more than 6 in each of the 3 stages. To do this I need to pare this down to starting no more than 3 plants each month. It will seem like I am loafing, but starting 3 puts the veg side at 6, and on the 4th month and beyond, the bloom room will be hosting 6 plants total, harvesting 3 plants per month. This gives me a total of 12 plants in the rotation, with a buffer of 6 additional plants that can be being played with in the veg rooms. This will allow for a few more plants in the early stage, in case I am wanting to clone, or if I am starting at stage one with regular seeds and need to eventually cull the males. In march, when I re-evaluate and need to renew the licenses, I can double the output... the limiting factor always being how many plants that are allowed to be in the bloom room. I am not sure that I will need to do this, but the double license will make it much easier to stay legal in veg while still loafing along by intending to start 6 plants at a time instead of 3.

Again I made some mistakes in my numbers as I wrote out my last message. I have had one of my patients fail to renew her card, and I would not be surprised to see an inspection of my grow space before my current license runs out in March. So going into this, I am restricted by the limits of my own personal cultivation license, limiting me to 18 plants total, with no more than 6 in each of the 3 stages. To do this I need to pare this down to starting no more than 3 plants each month. It will seem like I am loafing, but starting 3 puts the veg side at 6, and on the 4th month and beyond, the bloom room will be hosting 6 plants total, harvesting 3 plants per month. This gives me a total of 12 plants in the rotation, with a buffer of 6 additional plants that can be being played with in the veg rooms. This will allow for a few more plants in the early stage, in case I am wanting to clone, or if I am starting at stage one with regular seeds and need to eventually cull the males. In march, when I re-evaluate and need to renew the licenses, I can double the output... the limiting factor always being how many plants that are allowed to be in the bloom room. I am not sure that I will need to do this, but the double license will make it much easier to stay legal in veg while still loafing along by intending to start 6 plants at a time instead of 3.
Wow, they actually do occasional inspections too, eh? Interesting. And yeah, that will feel like you're loafing, lol. I have only three now and I am so bored.

Wow, they actually do occasional inspections too, eh? Interesting. And yeah, that will feel like you're loafing, lol. I have only three now and I am so bored.
yep, some have been. I could get tagged right now for not having my plants each labeled for being for a particular patient and probably for not having my attic door locked when they arrive. The laws of course are designed to catch someone up on one of the many nuances in that law and I am sure that there is an i undotted or a T not crossed somewhere in my operation.

Back
Top Bottom