Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL; 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

mine did the same thing. i swear i thought it was a mix between heat stress and wind burn from the fan , also if the rh is off the leaves will dry on the tips and edges .

sphnx. i have a foliage spray that call for lights on feeding . i was worried as ive allways read exactly what u just said but i haven't had any issues ..
this is what i use and it works great .
DM1862.jpg

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL; 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

I did consider the issue of Humidity as it goes, cos for the last few days it's been as arid as a nun's special pocket. Today, however, it's rained and poured outside which, through the gaping windows of my bedroom, has given me a relative humidity of 40%, which is nice.

I'm definitely considering pulling the two father plants in the next few days and setting them up in the blue room in 12/12 mode. I wonder if one of the "affected" plants could be used, as i don't think this is a genetic problem, so i can't see the pollen being "bad" in any way?

Need toker69 and sphnx to get up out of their beds so i can pick their brainses lol

Also, DevLet.. The issue of foliar spraying, as i understand it, is that water droplets have a lensing effect, magnifying the intensity of the light, which can burn the leaves. I guess if there's just a smooth covering, without droplets, it should be fine?

mine did the same thing. i swear i thought it was a mix between heat stress and wind burn from the fan , also if the rh is off the leaves will dry on the tips and edges .

sphnx. i have a foliage spray that call for lights on feeding . i was worried as ive allways read exactly what u just said but i haven't had any issues ..
this is what i use and it works great .
DM1862.jpg

I've had sprays that say they are supposed to be administered with the lights on, but the leaves got burnt due to heat. I just don't trust em. Glad it worked for you though! I kinda stopped using the sprays all together after the last burning lol not worth it to me.

Potential in the plants comes down to PH so nutes can be absorbed properly. Wrong PH gonna have some issues, good PH not gonna have many issues depending on the environment. Just my 2 cents. Ph has haunted me since the last goof-up by not PHing my pots before placing them in the medium. With the soiless medium PH is HUGE at least from what I can tell with my plants.

Potential in the plants comes down to PH so nutes can be absorbed properly. Wrong PH gonna have some issues, good PH not gonna have many issues depending on the environment. Just my 2 cents. Ph has haunted me since the last goof-up by not PHing my pots before placing them in the medium. With the soiless medium PH is HUGE at least from what I can tell with my plants.

my first two grows were ph nightmares.. i had all kinds of mobile issues .. lol i really had no idea what i was doing .leaves were yellowing and just drying up and dying . a cheap ph and ppm meter combo kit(25 bucks ) and its all lush and green from then on .

Well it's a weird one. I took a look at the pair this morning and they looked well worse but then i took a look at 11:30am and they looked better. The new growth looks good and so i think these two might survive.

One thing has me curious now; when i first got my HPS bulb it's light was yellow, almost like a sun. today it is whiter. Is that a prelude to a dead bulb? I do have a spare but having to use it at such an early stage would be disappointing. I've already had three popped CFLs in the last two weeks and I'm outta spares of those; the company that sells em has hiked the price from £1.99($3.22) to £6.47($10.48) so i need to find a new supply.

Also, out moist season has started, should i be collecting rain water? I have looked at it in the past but there seems to be no way to avoid getting grit and scum in with the rain water. you guys collect rain?

I have this crappy android tablet and have set it up as a crude webcam in my grow area.
The quality isn't great and there seems to be no zoom function.
i wonder if anyone else has tried this and if there was a better app for it than "ip camera"

tmp_26790-Screenshot_2014-10-09-14-41-09606785487.png

I can take screenshots but other than that, it's only of use to check temps

take a pair of polarized sun glasses and put it in front of the camera lens and take the pic . it should remove all the distorted stuff that the light makes in the pic .

Asked a few times if it was too early to move the father plants to flower but no one was able to tell me so am just gonna go ahead and move them to 12/12 tonight.

I'm preparing the room; cleaning it, getting the diatoms down on the ground, followed by ceramic plates as pot saucers and then the plants themselves.

Due to a number of bulbs popping lately, I'll only be able to spare one bulb for the two plants, a 300w dual spec CFL which I'll move from the LED end of the main cabinet.

Just watered with a nute solution of double the strength previously used as per adviced i got from sphnx (thanks man).

Asked a few times if it was too early to move the father plants to flower but no one was able to tell me so am just gonna go ahead and move them to 12/12 tonight.

I'm preparing the room; cleaning it, getting the diatoms down on the ground, followed by ceramic plates as pot saucers and then the plants themselves.

Due to a number of bulbs popping lately, I'll only be able to spare one bulb for the two plants, a 300w dual spec CFL which I'll move from the LED end of the main cabinet.

Just watered with a nute solution of double the strength previously used as per adviced i got from sphnx (thanks man).

It comes down to this, how many seeds do you want?

Just run them together the full round. If you don't WANT that many seeds, sick the males in around week 3 or 4. You'll get a good amount of seeds that way :)

i need to spray these two plants with colloidal silver though, and don't want any colloidal silver near the mothers or any of the smoking plants, that's why i put them on their own.

the females that get pollinated will be bigger by the time these two are giving me pollen.

Plugging a PC fan into the mains

...So this is pretty much for the benefit of erieflwr who made the grave error of asking me about it.
might be useful to others; who knows?

First we get a PC fan:
2014-10-09_23_51_37.jpg

And an old 12v electrical adapter:
2014-10-09_23_52_31.jpg

The fan has three wires; black, red and yellow.
Red is Live, Black is Neutral, Yellow is for added control in a PC environment;
We will discard Yellow and proceed.

2014-10-09_23_51_46.jpg

We double check Adapter Output Voltage
2014-10-09_23_52_23.jpg

...and fan input voltage.
2014-10-09_23_52_07.jpg

After we determine that they are compatible, we thread it all together.
In this case, what i had were scraps and so i have had to bring in a length of cable to finish the job...

In the UK; Red and Brown are normally Live. Black and Blue are normally Neutral.
These colour schemes are never mixed in the same cable; (you do not see 'brown and black' or 'red and blue' together in this type of circuit).
Upon discarding Yellow we connect Red to Brown and then Black to Blue.

2014-10-09_23_56_38.jpg

We then move to the other end of the imported cable and connect the Brown to the black cable that has the dashed white line.
We connect the Blue to the remaining black cable.

2014-10-10_00_00_19.jpg

We then use black insulation tape to ensure that the live and neutral parts of the circuit remain seperate in the cable, and to seal up the join so that it looks proper, is moderately strong and stays that way.
2014-10-10_00_01_56.jpg

We then plug the adapter in the wall, cross fingers and turn it on and hope for the best.....
2014-10-10_00_02_12.jpg

It works!

In some cases, the wire with the dashed white line is actually neutral; in other cases neither are marked at all and you have to guess. fudging the polarity at such low voltages is normally inconsequential; in most cases nothing happens and you just switch em around. occasionally a fan will go backwards if polarity is reversed. I've done things like this all my life and never died. not once. i promise.

And here is the second room it was needed for... kind of had to throw it all together from shitty bits.

2014-10-10_00_08_48.jpg

tmp_9697-Screenshot_2014-10-10-01-03-351227235979.png
I found another benefit of having the webcam... checking for light leaks. Looks good to me aside from a feint strip at the bottom of the doors.

So i continued reading up on the Colloidal Silver method and all the signs point to being able to just go ahead with spraying whever, as opposed to waiting for sex (because we know they're female seeds already) and that's what I've done.

I have this much colloidal silver:
2 500ml bottles, a 50ml spritzer bottle and a 50ml pipette bottle.

2014-10-10_02_41_43.jpg

for this I'll use the spritzer:

2014-10-10_02_42_24.jpg

Gender Reassignment Begins:
2014-10-10_02_42_53.jpg
2014-10-10_02_42_59.jpg

I'll spray daily til i see hairies

This would be then the opposite of your testosterone blocker & oestrogen combo.

Now wash your hands.

I'm really excited to see how these turn out man. This is going to be cool :)

I hope so man.

It hinges on the 12/12 stretch. If the stretch doesn't happen, i probably won't get enough pollen.
Lemon kush is a lanky bastard, in my last grow it was trying to unscrew lightbulbs to get to the ceiling. I've noticed the blue dream is shorter and wider. so if i do fall short it'll be blue dream that I'm short on.

Still debating wether to fert the silver critical super haze thing, or just grow it up and smoke it.

Back
Top Bottom