Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I have found it best to get most of the moisture out of the buds on day 1 and 2 of drying and then slow it down from there. Controlling airflow is one way of doing it. I use a fan at different speeds and direction to dry mine, since mother nature controls the RH.

If they're wet then leave the lid off and get some light airflow on them for now.

This curing is the part of growing I feel most insecure about and I thank you for your help.
I am a lot more confident than in the past, but just look at who my 420 friends are.
With good folks helping me, I might just grow some majic. :)

If it helps, I can give some subjective clues, too.

My drying space typically runs in the mid-40s RH, like yours, and mine are ready to jar in 4-5 days. I hang them on a string, and I'll check them the 3rd day. The smaller stems will have dried enough to kink when you bend them - not a snap but a kink. The larger branches will still bend at that point. And they'll feel cool to the touch.

By the 4-5th day the small stems will snap and the larger ones will kink and the stems won't feel cool anymore. At that point I'll strip the buds off and jar them. Once they hit the jars, the moisture evens out. The smaller nugs will be crispy on the outside when you jar them, but there's enough moisture in the stems of the larger nugs that it all gets distributed around.

I've always used Boveda 62s, so that makes everything easy after you get the initial moisture out. If you think the produce might be too dry or too moist, the Bovedas will add or subtract it. I'll tuck more than one into a jar when I seal it, otherwise one packet is perfect. At a buck each, it's cheap insurance and peace of mind.

:Namaste:

I never read your signature before @Graytail . I like that message. :thumb:

I was contacted by the folks at PG asking if we are happy with the ester. I copy my reply here continuing with transparency.
Hi Friends,
I am cautiously enthusiastic the MeJA ester will be effective. I applied one treatment @100 ppm. foliar application and the plant has certainly reacted. The treated cultivar appears to be enriched in pistiliate folicules, (the white female appendages) but I cannot confirm any obvious increase in trichome production as the flower from this strain is abundantly covered anyway. A planned second application was scrubbed until confidence in this improves. I will press on with the study hoping the increased pistil count translates into more trichomes.
Maritimer

It's my experience that about 2-3 days for the initial dry is best. My branch snap test involves the tiny bud branches. So as soon as I can snap a bud off the branch it's connected to, that's usually about 65% RH which is right about the range I want to slow down the drying process and begin the cure.

I have a funny feeling about who calls what a trichome. In my academic research I have seen what I call pistils, referred to as trichomes. I don't really care what it is called if we get increased cannabinoid production, we will be happy. :bongrip:

Good morning Maritimer. It's heating up here! The Meja work is very exciting to watch. I can't wait to see your next move with it.
Good morning brostone,
this has been a godsend, i never slow down my thinking about the research long enough to remember i'm hurting. end of the day i sure as heck remember. LOL

It's my experience that about 2-3 days for the initial dry is best. My branch snap test involves the tiny bud branches. So as soon as I can snap a bud off the branch it's connected to, that's usually about 65% RH which is right about the range I want to slow down the drying process and begin the cure.
Hi Sky,
The snap test I did on the GG#4 back about a year ago and it led me down a bad path. I had not purchased meters yet and lost 6 oscars to mold in a matter of 24 hours. I was / am not very experienced and that is why I have solicited so much advice on the subject. Im a scaredcat.

Good morning brostone,
this has been a godsend, i never slow down my thinking about the research long enough to remember i'm hurting. end of the day i sure as heck remember. LOL
Same here my friend. End of the day comes and out comes the bud for me. Those kids didn't invent 4:20 for nothing around my house. Hehe, I haven't read a novel since I signed on here! Not sure I'm all that happy with that, but I can't stop learning about this.

I take a small room and either humidify or de humidify it starting with 60 to 65% rh for the first 2 or 3 days. A fan goes all the time moving air indirectly through the room. After the few days go by I drop it to 55 to 58% until the outer parts of the buds are crispy and the tiny little buds break off. I usually get 5 to 7 days hanging. It depends on density and probably other things so I always check with a hygrometer or two. The plan is to get them in the jars as they stabilize at 58% for me. I burp them(open the jars) until they get there. Then store with a boveda or pull a vacuum with the food saver if I'm sure they are stable at 58%. After growing a plant for 5 months or longer I'd hate to lose it in the end to mold or dry it out too much.

LOL,
You are gonna get me in trouble. BIG
I have an idea!
She has been wanting the spare bedroom painted.
Paint must be put on at exactly our r/h range if I'm not mistaken.

I contacted Dinafem via e-mail today and advised them of my problem with a stateside vendor of their products. Dinafem is in Spain and will not sell to me directly because of our Federal prohibition. But they sell seeds to distributor seed banks here and elsewhere and when problems come up the American distributor should be proactive. The crew in southern oregon has let me down for the last time.

Dinafem has dealt with me and they are a stand up group, but they got some kinks to work out.
Great breeder folks. But no good stateside connection yet.

I contacted Dinafem via e-mail today and advised them of my problem with a stateside vendor of their products. Dinafem is in Spain and will not sell to me directly because of our Federal prohibition. But they sell seeds to distributor seed banks here and elsewhere and when problems come up the American distributor should be proactive. The crew in southern oregon has let me down for the last time.

Dinafem has dealt with me and they are a stand up group, but they got some kinks to work out.
Great breeder folks. But no good stateside connection yet.
Yea these breeders seem to be able to care only so much. I had an issue with one this spring and just gave up. Tuck and Roll!

In honor of my friend @InTheShed I have added a piece of equipment to my implements utilized in cannabis cultivation. We have christened our new piece "the shed" and referral of my buds being in the shed is best described with a picture. :)

Back
Top Bottom