Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

I just noticed seed supreme is selling acapulco gold feminized seeds. what would be the difference part from the fact that yours are 42 years old?

A lot has changed in 42 years. I was hoping he'd send one seed to the Phylos Genotype cannabis program so we could see its genetic association to modern strains as any 42 year old seed is genetically valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A lot has changed in 42 years. I was hoping he'd send one seed to the Phylos Genotype cannabis program so we could see its genetic association to modern strains as any 42 year old seed is genetically valuable.

The Phylos Galaxy is way cool! :thumb:

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Did you sex the seeds before Germination fan?

What do you mean?

I dont believe that hokus pokus.....maybe sometimes it would work but im not gonna toss my seeds out.

Ive also heard people say if it sprouts from the side its fem and out the top or bottom its male
But if that was the case nobody would ever grow a male unless they wanted to.
I know lots of experienced growers and unless its clones or feminized seeds they just have to wait for nature to show

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

I dont believe that hokus pokus.....maybe sometimes it would work but im not gonna toss my seeds out.

Ive also heard people say if it sprouts from the side its fem and out the top or bottom its male
But if that was the case nobody would ever grow a male unless they wanted to.
I know lots of experienced growers and unless its clones or feminized seeds they just have to wait for nature to show

I guarantee this works Canna. I found it in a Grow book from the late 80's. Can't remember if it was Cervantes or Bergman's.
But it does work. I used it in my Strawberry Kush journal. There's a photo of the volcano.
But it is hard to discern the hermaphrodite seeds from female as they look like "weak volcanos".
Great test for the bag seeders out there.

an at home gardener classifying sex before a plant has shown its pistols / sack is always anecdotal, about as real as a CGI photo of Earth as "proof" that we dwell on a ball .

I used to think that dank vegging plants which began to stink at 5th leaf node age were female. I got proven wrong by dank smelling males.

Anyway still waiting for some of the AG beans to detonate :bongrip: BOOOM :high-five:

I just noticed seed supreme is selling acapulco gold feminized seeds. what would be the difference part from the fact that yours are 42 years old?
Don't hop on the marketing train just yet, that's my advice. Mexican landraces of today are very rarely what they were in the 60s/70s, and even these are hard to come by in non-hybridised form. Simply put seedbanks use old school names to sell something they really don't have and they're not even trying to offer hoping the noobs won't think twice before hitting add to the basket button.

Don't hop on the marketing train just yet, that's my advice. Mexican landraces of today are very rarely what they were in the 60s/70s, and even these are hard to come by in non-hybridised form. Simply put seedbanks use old school names to sell something they really don't have and they're not even trying to offer hoping the noobs won't think twice before hitting add to the basket button.

That's why you check the phylos galaxy.
The Phylos Galaxy - Phylos Bioscience

Check this out fanleaf it says its for starting old seeds and hard to germ seeds
420-magazine-mobile1715903807.jpg

Check this out fanleaf it says its for starting old seeds and hard to germ seeds
420-magazine-mobile1715903807.jpg

Hey, awesome find!!! I will try anything.
420-magazine-mobile1484104789.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've run into a few quiet obscure 420 posters who are genuine seed collector/preservationists. One of them does tissue cultures. :cheesygrinsmiley: BigSur's thread is interesting.

Original source seeds from the 70's - Yes I have some

I have a few thousand brickweed seeds from the 1990s forward. I've tried to sprout them without success yet, so I've been watching yours with interest. Mine do the same thing yours do - they crack and show the side of a white root, but then they poop out. I think they need some extra hormones to get the root started. :straightface:

I didn't look into tissue culturing because I was picturing petri dishes n stuff. :hmmmm:

Damn Fan. I'm gonna keep on rooting for you. How many seeds do you have left? Do you know what their humidity level is? Would it make sense to put them in a small jar with one of those 62% humidity packs to premoisten them before trying to germinate?

I might be out of my element here but a seed bank selling something 42 years later doesn't necessarily mean it's the genuine article.
Fanleaf has seeds from someone who was heavily working with the strain 42 years ago.
In the Jurassic park sense it's trying to get a dinosaur from an egg vs. the egg from a distant relative of a dinosaur. Granted the current seed stock most likely has had desired traits bred into it through selection (again like the distant relative via evolution)
If the 42 year old seeds go it's like a time machine back to the "pure" form of the strain

Back
Top Bottom