Fanleaf's 1st Grams Per Watt Grow Under The 25 Cree COBS

Well. The transplant didnt slow them down a bit. 1 day later and they are looking better under the 18 chip array already.
420-magazine-mobile1212646854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1891740488.jpg
420-magazine-mobile587846026.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok guys. Today I topped both of the Money Makers. They got it just above node 5.

420-magazine-mobile975956055.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810721091.jpg
420-magazine-mobile652965300.jpg

The Dream Machine plant that was planted at the same time will be ready for it probably tomorrow. The one we planted to replace the goofy one still has several days before it will be ready to top. By the way though the one that was really goofy in the beginning has straightened around and almost caught up so I'm thinking tomorrow I'm a put that one in a fifth pot. Right now it's still in a Solo Cup but it's drinking so fast it's a pain in the butt to keep it watered. Back to the dream machine plants.... the makes me sick to see those very bottom leaves look like that but like I said they didn't like their initial seedling closet. Ever since I've moved them in here to the main grow area they've been praying to the light gods and doing just fine.

Subbed for sure :) all this hype about the new cob tech is amazing . I can't wait to learn more about this and actually be able to make my own .

Sent from my XT1093 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do a google search for growmau5 and watch his COB building videos they will be a great starting point.

Day 9 of them being under the array. All is good. The one we planted late is catching up and the one that looked stupid is coming around as well so I transplanted that one into a 7 gallon pot.
Lots of new growth in the last few days. Both of the MM's were topped above node 5 as well as the larger DM plant. A few more days and the last 2 will get topped. I will be topping all of the plants twice along with some supercropping and lollipopping. We will be ponytailing later as well to even up the canopy for having the light running soft and close. We will go through the grow at 510 watts.
420-magazine-mobile2000103561.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1986273342.jpg
420-magazine-mobile966132248.jpg

And here is the one that was really messed up as a baby...
420-magazine-mobile1333074848.jpg

And heres the replacement I planted just in case we couldnt get el stupido to grow
420-magazine-mobile2143147406.jpg

Hi Fan Leaf

I've just joined this site to talk to you. I'm not yet allowed to send Pm's although have added you as a friend. I'm just about to buy/make a 200-300w cob lamp and need some help.
I've been researching for weeks/months but there is few things I cannot answer.

If you can help, that would be fantastic.

Best Regards and hi to everyone else, nice to meet you all. Hope everyone is having fun ;-)

:)

Hi Fan Leaf

I've just joined this site to talk to you. I'm not yet allowed to send Pm's although have added you as a friend. I'm just about to buy/make a 200-300w cob lamp and need some help.
I've been researching for weeks/months but there is few things I cannot answer.

If you can help, that would be fantastic.

Best Regards and hi to everyone else, nice to meet you all. Hope everyone is having fun ;-)

:)
Sure thing. Hit me up in my cob thread and I will see you there!

Updates coming guys. Heres a teaser though. While normally this far in the vegetative part of the grow I don't condone removing fan leaves I felt I had no choice with one of dream machine plants. It's growing fan leaves so large it's just blocking out lower branches from getting light. Here is a picture of one of the fan leaves on top of a 1 liter bottle of nutes and also next to a solo cup and on my arm.
420-magazine-mobile1723714139.jpg
420-magazine-mobile873776820.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1081223543.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me.

Which thread is the COB thread, do you have a link?
Ahh ok sorry CXB thread.
Its in my signature shown below. Fanleafs 42 Cree cxb build.

So far so good guys. Ive been pushing them pretty hard. Most got topped for a second time and heavy LST is starting to get underway. The onlything Ive been fighting a bit is rediculously low humidity. I have a "whole house" roll around humidifier in there that is supposed to be capable of a 3200 square foot house all in this small grow room and I'm having a hard time keeping humidity up to a whopping 40%. I'm going to order some new filters for it because that may very well be my problem. The plants are coming along okay though. Every feeding has been half strength nutrients with a little cal-mag mixed in every now and then. Just in case I haven't mentioned it yet the nutrients I use is the whole entire line of advanced nutrients pH perfect from the start all the way through their grand master level.
Up till now they have been fed 2 milliliters per liter of grow A, grow B, and 1 mill per liter of b-52 and the same with voodoo juice.
I never give them just plain water but instead half-strength nutrients every time they get dry. The growth has really started to pick up so it seems as if they will start exploding very soon. I will be adding the final 2 row small cob array that will finish the final array and make it complete. The plants are starting to fill in so I think we may as well put it up now so we have the coverage for the rest of the grow. We are humming right along at 510 watts from the wall. Since the plants are getting much taller now instead of raising the light array we will add the last panel to the light array and dim them all of it down a hair more to keep it at 510 Watts. This works perfect since now that they have gotten taller the par numbers at the canopy are over 1000.
420-magazine-mobile2102837785.jpg

How long you plan to veg them?

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App
A few more weeks. Just until I get a good looking canopy layout. Short, fat and nice and wide. For a gr/w grow we need to let them become teenagers before the flip.

Back
Top Bottom