FastBuds 420 Auto Grow - Blue Dream And Blackberry

Not sure but I'm also not planning to find out ha. I'll be leaving everything stateside. It will be my.first week.without weed since I worked at Bank of America almost 20nyears ago ha
Best way to go!
Blue Dreams have a while as they still have mostly white pistils. However, I did scope them for the heck of it and never seen so many amber tricomes with white pistils. No.way she's done this soon as they haven't even swelled yet. It wasn't just one or two buds from say an accidental touch....it was every cola. Interesting.....any ideas?
I had an auto do that before I grew here. The grow shop folks told me to back the light off, that it was causing premature ripening. I don't know how true this is. I did it and the plant did fruit in a more proper time. I was really blasting with ceramic halide.

Best way to go!

I had an auto do that before I grew here. The grow shop folks told me to back the light off, that it was causing premature ripening. I don't know how true this is. I did it and the plant did fruit in a more proper time. I was really blasting with ceramic halide.
Thanks! I may give that a try. While my lux is 42-50k....I feel like the light is pretty intense.

Have a look. That looks like 800 ppfd PAR on the high end. Not overboard, just right really but maybe the plant is sensitive.
Perhaps, but I think you might be on the right track. I read an article on grow weed easy, and he claims too much light can cause premature ripening. Also claims a LUX meter doesn't work with LEDs like it does with other light types.

I lowered the intensity a little, saw where some here do that the last 2 weeks of flower anyways.

Here are some pics from today
20240111_081301.jpg
2024_01_11_08_06_45_151.png
2024_01_11_08_06_47_723.png
2024_01_11_08_08_04_954.png
2024_01_11_08_08_13_863.png

20240111_081245.jpg

2024_01_11_08_07_07_250.png

Cloudy is looking good but there's enough clear that I would ignore the amber!
Thanks! I may give that a try. While my lux is 42-50k....I feel like the light is pretty intense.
Have a look. That looks like 800 ppfd PAR on the high end. Not overboard, just right really but maybe the plant is sensitive.
Besides the PPFD, the DLI might play a role as well. My lights are on 24/0 and I discovered my DLI was up around 90, or twice what it should be in flower!

Besides the PPFD, the DLI might play a role as well. My lights are on 24/0 and I discovered my DLI was up around 90, or twice what it should be in flower
DLI......I have a new term to research tonight ha. Thank you and @StoneOtter
You're on the home run now Tim, spectacular colouring of the Blackberry colas
Thanks!

You just made my night!!

I found a calculator to convert LUX to PPFD. It gave me options of "high CRI LED" and "low CRI LED". Not knowing the difference ece I tried both and had a PPFD of 837 and 894 respectively. The DLI calculator put that at 54 and 57 DLI respectively.
Screenshot_20240111_192451_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240111_192709_Chrome.jpg

So it looks like my light at 100% is too much. I've had suspicions the last four grows but the LUX has well within limits from what I've seen. Makes sense the autos are most effected as its 18hrs a day.

I'm so excited for the next grow learning this piece of info!!!

I've been to that website and never know which to use either! But the difference between 54 and 57 probably isn't enough to make a big difference compared to knowing that you're hitting them with more than they can use. If you have a lux meter and the Photone app, you can calibrate the app and use the "LED Full Spec," which should get you pretty close to an accurate number (from what I've heard anyway).

I did need to calibrate the app on my Samsung because it was way off from my actual lux meter.

As always...thank you! I noticed during one grow where I had a late sprout in my older tent, it grew really good until mid flower when I moved it to the big tent that
was now empty. She went yellow, mag deficiency look, within a week. Justnusing LUX, it contradicted my thought I had too much.

And it's the second time growing autos in this tent/light. I noticed with this grow, if I went above 75% on the light it got a little "off". Eventually turned that sucker to 100% and let it fly ha.

with the photos, The DFI wasn't as noticeable because of 12 hrs of light. But maybe that is my " mag deficiency " issue I can't seem to shake. Shed, @StoneOtter you both nailed it! Thank you. Can't wait until May for the next round :)

Day 70 above ground, day 44 flower

tomorrow is the last day to harvest the Blackberry before my trip to allow time to put into the dark for 2 days, dry, and trim. It's all cloudy tricomes for the most part, but no amber. Perhaps the purple strains don't amber...last grow.with this strain didn't but I had lots of issues that grow.

If I don't harvest tomorrow, it will be February 4th before I can hang. I think that might be too late.....thoughts?

Blackberry #1
20240113_113021.jpg
20240113_113015.jpg
2024_01_13_10_49_21_601.png
2024_01_13_10_50_24_132.png
2024_01_13_10_50_04_758.png

Blackberry #2
20240113_113006.jpg
20240113_113001.jpg
2024_01_13_10_52_55_254.png
2024_01_13_10_53_17_670.png
2024_01_13_10_52_22_404.png

tomorrow is the last day to harvest the Blackberry before my trip to allow time to put into the dark for 2 days, dry, and trim. It's all cloudy tricomes for the most part, but no amber. Perhaps the purple strains don't amber
My purple-black DDAs all went amber so I don't know if that's universal, but I also know there's no consensus on the benefit of extended dark time before harvest, so my thought is to let it go another two days for a better idea as to whether to wait until you get home.

Yea, I was thinking that too...just not sure if 2-3 days will make difference.

I feel like they could go another 7-9 days...so say Jan 20th, cant do because they will be hanging while im.gone. If I wait until after the Japan trip it would be Feb 4th, so 14 days later. Would I lose much potency in that 14 days?

They can't hang while your gone? If the RH is in the 60s they can have for weeks!
Is thatnif I.hang the whole plant?

Hanging branches typically takes 6-9 days in my basement. It's in the shorter spectrum during winter when the heat is in. Dry room is 56rh and 68temps. I'm abroad of them over drying.

But hanging the whole plant will go longer I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom