First Grow Diary 2021: Brooklyn Mangoes, One Plant in Scrog, California System

Hey Twinsun!

So you had asked for some help and I went through your journal and I would say you did an amazing job vegging the girl out, she is beautiful and healthy! Great job so far!

So here is my thought. I do NOT believe the "temperature differential" is a cause, as I run my lights at night, and during the day my plants sleep, there is little to no temp differential in my grow and I've run handfuls of strains and no issues, so I don't think that the temperature differential has anything to do with it.

I have a few hunches that may be the cause of the issues you are having:
  1. The timer on your light is not properly working, and the light is either not turning off for a full 12 hours. (Replace the timer you are using with a different timer.) You mentioned a power outage and its very possible that the power outage or surge may have reset your timer or ruined it. Definitely make sure your timer is set properly and operating properly.
  2. Somehow the light is coming on during the 'dark period' therefore interrupting the plants "sleeping time" It only takes a few seconds of a bright light to interrupt the night and cause a plant to stay in veg.... change out your light timer, check the program and make sure that its at least 12 hours of dark, also make sure that the clock on your timer is set correctly to the right time and AM/PM. check the plants in the middle of their "dark period" to make sure the lights are off. (don't open the tent though, just see if the lights on).
  3. Because you are manually opening/closing the tent in the mornings, the schedule of the plants day/night may "wobble" if you are late 10 minutes one day, or early 15 minutes another day and so on.. this could very much throw the plant out of its circadian rhythm and not be allowing a full 12/12 schedule. As mentioned in an above post, a plant needs 12 hours of UN-INTURRUPTED light. (I would suggest if possible, leave the tent closed at all times. Dont open it unless you have to (also good for pest control) Try to take all manual processes out of the grow involving light/dark environment and automate them if not already doing so. I would recommend against manually opening/closing the tent every morning, and instead set timers on your AC, lights and other electronics and leave the tent closed if possible. Try to let the plants develop their "circadian rhythm".
  4. Check to see if another device inside your tent may have a light on it (such as a fan, humidifier, AC, or other device) Any light, especially red light can interrupt the dark cycle and throw things off.
  5. You may want to try changing your light schedule to 11/13 (11 hours lights on, 13 hours lights off). I have read that certain strains do have trouble during 12/12 and may require a slightly longer dark period. I've never experienced it myself, but I do recall reading it somewhere.
  6. Check to make sure your LED light is Completely turning off during the "night time". I have used LED's in the past (different brands) that used controllers for timers. The power never completely was cut from the device when the light was supposed to be off, and therefore the LED's had a very soft glow, when they were supposed to be completely off. The solution was removing the "controller/timer" and using a regular on/off digital plug timer.
I really believe the problem is your plant is not getting enough "uninturrpted dark". If you follow the suggestions above, you should be ok...

I can almost bet that the LED "controller" is the root of the problem. I would remove the controller, get a normal digital timer, set it to 12/12 or 11/13 and you should be fine. I've used similar "programmable" led light controllers and they definitely have a lot of room for human programming error as well as can be faulty. I quickly watched a video on the light you are using and the timer, and there is A LOT of room for error, where you may think that the light is off for all 12 hours, but it could be coming on somewhere in between and messing up the dark period. Its VERY EASY to make these kinds of errors on those programmable controllers. I've done it myself in the past. I would remove that controller completely and use a regular wall/digital timer.

I had that thought regarding stress in that pic but thought it may just be from the defol and we are seeing the lowers that we’re growing all squished up inside the plant...
totally right \
i deffo a bit more yesterday night cause i think i won't be able to do it more

man she recover , it all stick coming u from all around and they all spaced (kind off ..)

first time i got that good result ... shame the canope is no flat .. if it was flat , it's MASTERPIECE

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Hey brother I hope all good. What r you feeding her??
THX FOR ANSWER

im with Green planet so dual part

i give in a 10 litre can

one top of A so 20 ml roughly
one top of B 20ml

Massive , one top 20ml
i start pk but very very very tiny 5ml for the can of 10 lite

Terpen gold by proff nutrient . 10 ml per 5 litre ( cause it's the start only )

fulvic acid , very very very tiny
silica , very very very tiny

i had rizo , but finish the bottle yesterday
20 ml per 10 l

so she drink 10 litre , NO RUN OFF

SO , i do another can , with the same ( roughly) program
around Half the can so 5 litre , i get the run off

10 to 20 % run off

i feed her almost 15 litre per day

and if i dont feed her.... well especially water .. she went like SAD ( before flower )
so every day !!!! they say cant dry the coco out

A LOT OF WORK !!!
SO all the run off going to garden veggie to don't waste nutrient.

:lot-o-toke::passitleft:

Hey Twinsun!

So you had asked for some help and I went through your journal and I would say you did an amazing job vegging the girl out, she is beautiful and healthy! Great job so far!

So here is my thought. I do NOT believe the "temperature differential" is a cause, as I run my lights at night, and during the day my plants sleep, there is little to no temp differential in my grow and I've run handfuls of strains and no issues, so I don't think that the temperature differential has anything to do with it.

I have a few hunches that may be the cause of the issues you are having:
  1. The timer on your light is not properly working, and the light is either not turning off for a full 12 hours. (Replace the timer you are using with a different timer.) You mentioned a power outage and its very possible that the power outage or surge may have reset your timer or ruined it. Definitely make sure your timer is set properly and operating properly.
  2. Somehow the light is coming on during the 'dark period' therefore interrupting the plants "sleeping time" It only takes a few seconds of a bright light to interrupt the night and cause a plant to stay in veg.... change out your light timer, check the program and make sure that its at least 12 hours of dark, also make sure that the clock on your timer is set correctly to the right time and AM/PM. check the plants in the middle of their "dark period" to make sure the lights are off. (don't open the tent though, just see if the lights on).
  3. Because you are manually opening/closing the tent in the mornings, the schedule of the plants day/night may "wobble" if you are late 10 minutes one day, or early 15 minutes another day and so on.. this could very much throw the plant out of its circadian rhythm and not be allowing a full 12/12 schedule. As mentioned in an above post, a plant needs 12 hours of UN-INTURRUPTED light. (I would suggest if possible, leave the tent closed at all times. Dont open it unless you have to (also good for pest control) Try to take all manual processes out of the grow involving light/dark environment and automate them if not already doing so. I would recommend against manually opening/closing the tent every morning, and instead set timers on your AC, lights and other electronics and leave the tent closed if possible. Try to let the plants develop their "circadian rhythm".
  4. Check to see if another device inside your tent may have a light on it (such as a fan, humidifier, AC, or other device) Any light, especially red light can interrupt the dark cycle and throw things off.
  5. You may want to try changing your light schedule to 11/13 (11 hours lights on, 13 hours lights off). I have read that certain strains do have trouble during 12/12 and may require a slightly longer dark period. I've never experienced it myself, but I do recall reading it somewhere.
  6. Check to make sure your LED light is Completely turning off during the "night time". I have used LED's in the past (different brands) that used controllers for timers. The power never completely was cut from the device when the light was supposed to be off, and therefore the LED's had a very soft glow, when they were supposed to be completely off. The solution was removing the "controller/timer" and using a regular on/off digital plug timer.
I really believe the problem is your plant is not getting enough "uninturrpted dark". If you follow the suggestions above, you should be ok...

I can almost bet that the LED "controller" is the root of the problem. I would remove the controller, get a normal digital timer, set it to 12/12 or 11/13 and you should be fine. I've used similar "programmable" led light controllers and they definitely have a lot of room for human programming error as well as can be faulty. I quickly watched a video on the light you are using and the timer, and there is A LOT of room for error, where you may think that the light is off for all 12 hours, but it could be coming on somewhere in between and messing up the dark period. Its VERY EASY to make these kinds of errors on those programmable controllers. I've done it myself in the past. I would remove that controller completely and use a regular wall/digital timer.
thank you for your kind answer and taking the time to write to me

i will go to the room today during the day ( night )
and check for light things like you say , i put some tape on red light like you mention before

but i will follow all your suggestion and try to eliminate all this light and automatize the whole up

for the door on morning , i always wake up before , im never late , but i know what you mean

it is just because it is summer here , it's too hot in that damn shed ..... thats why i do all this non sense ..

during normal weather season , i let the door of the room close because i got very strong wind in and out ( dont know the exact size but it's on 6 inch ducting with big extract fan
the air inside in changing every second ... i think thats how i get away with temp over 35 ... ( in summer , you can do nothing here ... it's just hell )

i am a bit worry now with what you say for the controller , i love my led light , you can change the spectrum and play , i am looking for pp who use this light but so far no luck but i will listen what you say ( i cant get rid of it , cant control the spectrum) but i will hide it and tape it for no light coming out. this is the downside with this controller , you control the spectrum but the light must be put on a timer ... you cant switch light off with that controller.

11/3 ,i never try at all in my 5 year experience
but i will listen to you , if by next week there is no change , i switch to 11 instead of 12

i will go triple check every thing you say , during the day ( night ) my timers are automatic , with the little click, you know the old school one ... there is no light or things on them but i go triple check

damn so much stress this grow !!!! :lot-o-toke: :passitleft:

thank you for your kind answer

we gonna get that kilo !!!!!!! get ready with the shooting powder , the mighty PK 13/14 and Mammooth Microbe !!! this is war !!!!!!!!!!! :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft: :snowboating:

More pics soon , ithink she recover from deffo they all opening up

thank you for your kind answer and taking the time to write to me

i will go to the room today during the day ( night )
and check for light things like you say , i put some tape on red light like you mention before

but i will follow all your suggestion and try to eliminate all this light and automatize the whole up

for the door on morning , i always wake up before , im never late , but i know what you mean

it is just because it is summer here , it's too hot in that damn shed ..... thats why i do all this non sense ..

during normal weather season , i let the door of the room close because i got very strong wind in and out ( dont know the exact size but it's on 6 inch ducting with big extract fan
the air inside in changing every second ... i think thats how i get away with temp over 35 ... ( in summer , you can do nothing here ... it's just hell )

i am a bit worry now with what you say for the controller , i love my led light , you can change the spectrum and play , i am looking for pp who use this light but so far no luck but i will listen what you say ( i cant get rid of it , cant control the spectrum) but i will hide it and tape it for no light coming out. this is the downside with this controller , you control the spectrum but the light must be put on a timer ... you cant switch light off with that controller.

11/3 ,i never try at all in my 5 year experience
but i will listen to you , if by next week there is no change , i switch to 11 instead of 12

i will go triple check every thing you say , during the day ( night ) my timers are automatic , with the little click, you know the old school one ... there is no light or things on them but i go triple check

damn so much stress this grow !!!! :lot-o-toke: :passitleft:

thank you for your kind answer

we gonna get that kilo !!!!!!! get ready with the shooting powder , the mighty PK 13/14 and Mammooth Microbe !!! this is war !!!!!!!!!!! :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft: :snowboating:

More pics soon , ithink she recover from deffo they all opening up
I hope my suggestions help.... its pretty much all I could think of.....

Very odd indeed....hopefully you figure it out...

I did think of 1 more thing.... since you mentioned you do use a timer "the click type"... is it possible that the little switch on it, which overrides the timer is flipped on? where it stays on all the time, regardless of the timer setting? I was thinking that maybe it could be, and that the led controller was also set to some odd setting where it has some type of veg light schedule on... IDK>. but figured I would suggest it.

Best of luck and hope my suggestions helped.. :)

You definitely did an amazing job on her through veg, its a beast of a plant and very healthy! I will stay tuned to see if I can maybe think of anything else.

Here is a video to the controller for those lights. Im not sure if its the same model you have, but it does look like it has the ability to have programmed schedules in it... which is why I was thinking maybe that somehow it is still getting power even when the "click timer" is "off"...

thx for all your sugestion guys

alright today i have follow the suggestion posted here
so i went in there , like a ninja samourai :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:with my phone turn on hydro green light
so it's hot in there but not so hot , air con work a bit , outside weather is 36 today , in my shed , in my room, it's around 28 -30 . now the ducting take the air from bottom on the ground wich is a bit fresher if i can say

i think thats how i get away with heat

so you were right , had a little hole in the fikin shed on the side of the plant that i never see ......
i cover it up and i was with ma duct tape seeking for any light coming out of the wall :cough::tommy::tommy:
so i tape up few tiny spot as well , i tape up a little bit of the red light , from the power shit

now i reallise , this is the first time ever than i flower during night , so it would make sense for what happen with the hole especially since before i always flower at day cause i got solar panel so it;s cheaper

long story short with 30 minute and some duct tape , i tape piece of tiny hole in the room , not much , but that hole in the back was the most serious i reckon

i was hearing my music in the dark cause you have to give your own music taste to you lady :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:
i left , hope everything will be ok now :confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

so much stress this time around , stupid weather here ,

even plants outside ( not dama ) struggle with this weather .... so hot and dry

anyway yesterday night she was in better shape , like stick comin up

i ll show you next

thx you everyone

ps , and i turn the controller around , so light controller is gone as well

I hope my suggestions help.... its pretty much all I could think of.....

Very odd indeed....hopefully you figure it out...

I did think of 1 more thing.... since you mentioned you do use a timer "the click type"... is it possible that the little switch on it, which overrides the timer is flipped on? where it stays on all the time, regardless of the timer setting? I was thinking that maybe it could be, and that the led controller was also set to some odd setting where it has some type of veg light schedule on... IDK>. but figured I would suggest it.

Best of luck and hope my suggestions helped.. :)

You definitely did an amazing job on her through veg, its a beast of a plant and very healthy! I will stay tuned to see if I can maybe think of anything else.

Here is a video to the controller for those lights. Im not sure if its the same model you have, but it does look like it has the ability to have programmed schedules in it... which is why I was thinking maybe that somehow it is still getting power even when the "click timer" is "off"...
thank you for your answer sir

thing will get better from now on , it's all about having face in oneself and the future

the kilo almighty plant , the kilo :adore::adore::morenutes::morenutes:because the sky is meant to be reach .

Ok

i switch to 11/13 as advised , yesterday night , so from now on it's 8pm/7am

i think the plant have react very well to the deffo that i did before , all the branch are coming up and almost makes a flat canopy kind off

now it's the temp , my pb , it's summer here , i can't do nothing , right now ,it's 38 outside during the day , my plant are sleeping but it's so hot

in ma shed , inside i got insulated room , with portable air con , it's not so hot but still's damn hot
i cannot do anything else about it , i got a fan blowing the ceiling to avoid hot air pocket and ducting taking right from bottom

she ' been looking very good but she must flower ..

at night everything is fine , temp wise ...

so she drinks around 15 litter per day

more pics comin, waitin to see how she react to 11/13

alright guys

pics of the day

i am on 11/13 , she seems to react but it is so strange , i feel like another stretch , all the bottom grow came up
she is like very well put every where , if she fill up , it would be a dream

but i don't know why .. none feel up , very little white hair start to appear but jeez never seen so slow

any one have experience flower in high temp ??

strange tho is no sign of heat stress whatsoever :passitleft:
she is very healthy , like keep exploding

help guys :bongrip:

any advice ?? :lot-o-toke: :ganjamon:

IMG20210201200958.jpg

IMG20210201200956.jpg

IMG20210201200948.jpg

They don't look over fried from the heat so that's good

Do you have the light cycle set to a flowering cycle to start the budding?

I'm not seeing pistils in the previous photo's, but that might just be the spectrum, & the distance from the plant.
If you can get a decent picture without the plant lit up with the blurple light, that might help others diagnose if there is a issue.
I've found taking a picture with flash after the lights go off is a decent way.

Anyways, I'm sub'd & will follow along. :Namaste:
:goodluck:

They don't look over fried from the heat so that's good

Do you have the light cycle set to a flowering cycle to start the budding?

I'm not seeing pistils in the previous photo's, but that might just be the spectrum, & the distance from the plant.
If you can get a decent picture without the plant lit up with the blurple light, that might help others diagnose if there is a issue.
I've found taking a picture with flash after the lights go off is a decent way.

Anyways, I'm sub'd & will follow along. :Namaste:
:goodluck:
thank you for your kind answer :lot-o-toke: :snowboating::bongrip::adore:

yea she doesn't look fried from heat

i got massive exhaust fan , in and out ,massive fan inside , and portable aircon outside the tent during the night (day ) i think that's how i get away with huge temp

she doesn't seem stressed , as long as i give her water , damn she drinks a lot now ... it's a full time job to feed her

white pistol appear 2 days ago , but it's tiny ....

yes cycle is now 11/13 as suggested by other members :passitleft:
ffor second day tonight .... i am day 32 in flower since i flipped to 12/12

i ll try to take a better picture , switch to white only on the spectrum light . i ll try , i put flash before but ... my pics are not so good

god pls :adore:just make her flower big , she got such nice branch , make it fill up like a colonization:passitleft::adore::adore:

peace mate :hookah:

The 11/13 could be causing a slower transition into flower, I'm not sure though what's the best way.
Typically when I switch to flowering I go 12/12 @ the start of switching to flowering or 10/14 on/off & they transition pretty quick into flowering, especially when the plant is mature.
What's best is probably dependent on the strain, among other things also..
Looking forward to your results.
May the force be with you. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom