re: First grow help!

You don't need a flush imo. You need nutes.

I am more than happy to help in diagnosing the problem but I will need a few things from you....

How much nutes are you using. How many ml of each. ppm or EC would also help. I need you Ph out taken as soon as you have run off. Are you using cal mag? Coco growers MUST use it for a successful grow because coco holds a TON of it. And if it isn't charged or even if it is yoh will need some eventually.

Looking at vidz online some say let the coco dry out some say water everyday...too much conflicting tips so confusing

I understand your confusion on coco watering. Been there. Coco coir drains quickly and lets lots of oxygen get to the roots, so you really can't overwater coco coir (especially if you have 20 or 30% perlite mixed in, which I'd recommend). There are people here who have automated watering setups for coco who water 10 times a day. Me, I watered mine every morning and it did great.

Quick comment: your plants in the photo have outgrown their Solo cups so now have roots circling the bottom of the cup--best to up-pot soon.

I am more than happy to help in diagnosing the problem but I will need a few things from you....

How much nutes are you using. How many ml of each. ppm or EC would also help. I need you Ph out taken as soon as you have run off. Are you using cal mag? Coco growers MUST use it for a successful grow because coco holds a TON of it. And if it isn't charged or even if it is yoh will need some eventually.

To repeat, if you will answer the questions How to Ask for Grow Support (link in my first reply), that would help a lot. Otherwise everyone is left guessing about stuff that they really have to know to understand your situation and offer worthwhile advice.

(Also, beware of advice from posters who can't spell and can't/won't form complete words and sentences... ;))

Right now im flushing with with clean water at 6.0ph

Flushing seems to be the universal solution for any problem here, like bleeding was to physicians before the 20th century. :p Fortunately, coco coir isn't damaged by flushing the way soil is, since you should be providing a fresh dose of nutrients with every watering.

420-magazine-mobile1448975634.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734313964.jpg
420-magazine-mobile883013354.jpg

Looks like bleaching to me bleaching causes a a fading effect that looks fade to me I could be wrong but that is my guess keep lights as higher away if possible

To repeat, if you will answer the questions How to Ask for Grow Support (link in my first reply), that would help a lot. Otherwise everyone is left guessing about stuff that you really must know to understand your situation.

(Also, beware of advice from posters who can't/won't form complete words and sentences... ;))
I'm pretty sure he answered quite enough questions to figure out the problem. It isnt really a big deal he has to learn some stuff his self. If he wants to flush his new plant we cant stop him. I wouldn't have flushed right away, I would have just added some cal mag. Anyones input is valued here, even those that dont form sentences. If you came down off your cloud a bit the real world needs help lol.

I understand your confusion on coco watering. Been there. Coco coir drains quickly and lets lots of oxygen get to the roots, so you really can't overwater coco coir (especially if you have 20 or 30% perlite mixed in, which I'd recommend). There are people here who have automated watering setups for coco who water 10 times a day. Me, I watered mine every morning and it did great.

Quick comment: your plants in the photo have outgrown their Solo cups so now have roots circling the bottom of the cup--best to up-pot soon.
True ill give u that coco is very good for oxygen to the roots

I had flushed because i thought some advised me to. Basicaly with coco i gotta water everyday right? If thats the case i just picked up some calmag so thats the first thing ill do tomorrow morning

I think my nutes are concentrated because the box says to alternate 1 feeding with 1 water but some buddies of mine said to just give nutes 3 times for every flush so thats what i was doing. Pro-cal is one of the nutes in the kits program and it has cal and mag so i didnt think it would be that but im sure you are all alotttt more experienced than i am so to be clear tomorrow i will water with just calmag right? Or do i add my regular nutes

The calmag ill add with just water tomorrow but after that do i add it with all my nutes or seperately with just water on the other days

Listen to dabber he def kno his stuff helped me a few times

I adjust my ph to 6.0 when i water, i havent checked ph on run off though ill do that next on the next one. Havent checked ppm niether i gotta get me a ppm meter. As for nutes i got the begginners kit from greenplanet been giving what it says except for the zymes. I baught enzymes komplete but havent used it yet.
420-magazine-mobile1940211021.jpg

Only adjust Ph AFTER all your nutes are added. You don't flush coco with straight water. Ever. Always use 150 ppm cal mag for a "flush" and 20 to 50 ppm of your normal nutes. Like a few drops. Salt build up occurs very rapidly in coco. You should always be watering to runoff to ensure those excess salts excreted by the root mass don't get caught up in the substrate. When you use pure water to wash away those salts it leaves nothing for the plant to uptake and your plants won't thrive like the could or even may display symptoms of lockout.

Almost all nutes are concentrated. Which is totally normal and fine. But ALWAYS use the suggested feed levels as maximums. And start with 1/4 what is suggested on the bottle.

It is important to not let your coco dry excessively becauwe as sci mentioned coco always retains 30% 02. Soaked or not. But when the coco dries out you will notice a nute burn or lockout caused by the roots choking on those excreted salts mentioned earlier. Your goal is to water lightly until you see runoff and once a day. It still may be every other day for you until they get a smidge bigger. But coco is hydro. There are no nutrients in coco none. So you must always suppy at least some for them. If you want to feed, feed, flush. Just be sure to do it with a tiny bit of nutes. This will lower your buildup of salts while still ensuring the plant gets what is vital to it's prosperity

The calmag ill add with just water tomorrow but after that do i add it with all my nutes or seperately with just water on the other days
Typically you only add cal mag as a supplimental feeding. Theres plenty of lines with cal mag, I choose emerald harvest for my grows. This being said make sure you always start on the low end of every nute. I'd advise to follow the bottle not your friends I fucked up for a year straight listening to people.

1.)If it says .05 mil feed it .03 to start.
2.)I suggest to only nute 1 time a week to start.

Only adjust Ph AFTER all your nutes are added. You don't flush coco with straight water. Ever. Always use 150 ppm cal mag for a "flush" and 20 to 50 ppm of your normal nutes. Like a few drops. Salt build up occurs very rapidly in coco. You should always be watering to runoff to ensure those excess salts excreted by the root mass don't get caught up in the substrate. When you use pure water to wash away those salts it leaves nothing for the plant to uptake and your plants won't thrive like the could or even may display symptoms of lockout.

Almost all nutes are concentrated. Which is totally normal and fine. But ALWAYS use the suggested feed levels as maximums. And start with 1/4 what is suggested on the bottle.

It is important to not let your coco dry excessively becauwe as sci mentioned coco always retains 30% 02. Soaked or not. But when the coco dries out you will notice a nute burn or lockout caused by the roots choking on those excreted salts mentioned earlier. Your goal is to water lightly until you see runoff and once a day. It still may be every other day for you until they get a smidge bigger. But coco is hydro. There are no nutrients in coco none. So you must always suppy at least some for them. If you want to feed, feed, flush. Just be sure to do it with a tiny bit of nutes. This will lower your buildup of salts while still ensuring the plant gets what is vital to it's prosperity
Thanks dabber

See i use fox farm ocean forest now but i have better growth in coir. That was an extremely useful post and sci im fucking with u lol

Back
Top Bottom