First Grow In 10 Years: DWC Bagseed, Sherbert

Congrats on your harvest Michael. Well done. .
Good luck w/ your construction project as well .
I retired from that industry ( commercial rather than residential ) and the first thing I did after retirement was build a shop / garage / apartment above , at my home.
If you have any questions about stuff , ask anytime.
One thing , if you are hiring a GC to do the work , make sure there are NO grey areas in the contract.

Get the money straight up front. Never let them get ahead of you. Money wise.
Enjoy your harvest :thumb:

Thanks man. I'm doing all the work myself which is why it was so difficult to obtain the permit. A little concrete block laying, timber framing, a window and 2 doors is about the gist of it. On paper it's all pretty straight forward aside from all the hurricane rated stuff. I've never done any of this before so it will be a learning experience for sure. No better way to learn than picking up the tools, and getting it done. I'll keep you in mind if i run into anything :thanks:

Thanks man. I'm doing all the work myself which is why it was so difficult to obtain the permit. A little concrete block laying, timber framing, a window and 2 doors is about the gist of it. On paper it's all pretty straight forward aside from all the hurricane rated stuff. I've never done any of this before so it will be a learning experience for sure. No better way to learn than picking up the tools, and getting it done. I'll keep you in mind if i run into anything :thanks:
Watch some Utube stuff. Most of the trades are common sense. Just put stuff in plumb and square and the rest falls into place. 4’ level and framing square will be good accessories.

Watch some Utube stuff. Most of the trades are common sense. Just put stuff in plumb and square and the rest falls into place. 4’ level and framing square will be good accessories.
Thanks man. Im an avid researcher before undergoing any task so lots of videos have been watched and will continue to be watched. I’ve got those items plus many others. Not the first thing i’ve ever built by any stretch of the imagination. Just the first time framing an actual wall, laying block, framing a window opening and door openings. Laying blocks are proving to be the biggest pain in my ass so far.

Thanks man. Im an avid researcher before undergoing any task so lots of videos have been watched and will continue to be watched. I’ve got those items plus many others. Not the first thing i’ve ever built by any stretch of the imagination. Just the first time framing an actual wall, laying block, framing a window opening and door openings. Laying blocks are proving to be the biggest pain in my ass so far.
Block masons make using a mortar trowel easy . Every time a have used one the mortar slides off.

Block masons make using a mortar trowel easy . Every time a have used one the mortar slides off.
I gave of trying to “look like a pro” after the first 10 minutes :laugh:

I used to tend block for my uncle growing up. I put it right up there with laying floor tiles and painting for things I hate doing.

dont blame you there man. I hate it more with every block laid. Some just make it look so easy

Figured i would post some pictured of the butter and treats. which have been eaten already. Any suggestions on what to make next? Preferably dessert items. If i weren't lactose intolerant we’d infuse some cream and make ice cream edibles of some kind.

Weights are coming this weekend i swear!
3CE33F1B-CC4C-4A81-9DDD-7FDEECF2A150.jpeg
AEA909BF-B4C5-4E5A-966C-8500CEC00E7C.jpeg
C7165DC6-2884-4823-A42B-13059B7D7E19.jpeg

And some carcasses from removing all the bud from the branches. Also have the “skeleton” drying out to make something from it. Not sure what yet though
04AACAFB-33A7-4749-A322-6AA5CC29ABD0.jpeg

I had some bomb S'more bites from a dispensary once made like a dessert bar. Crumbled Graham crackers crust, just like you would do with a cheesecake or other similar dessert, baked off in the oven. You can add in some cannabutter when making the crust or just use regular butter. Next you want some melted chocolate (add in cannabutter here too if you want). Let the pan cool in the fridge to set up. Next you want to either make homemade marshmallow creme or melt a bag of marshmallows like you do for the Krispy treats (more cannabutter if you want) and spread out on top of the firmed up chocolate. Let everything cool in the fridge, then cut (oil knife blade to cut through the sticky marshmallow). To top it off take your torch and brown the marshmallow.

That’s sound delicious! I made some reclaim brownies a few weeks ago. 10 grams of reclaim melted into coconut oil, ten grams of coconut oil. Then put that in Godiva box brownie mix. I had some canna butter that I had made with some trim and used that to make the white frosting, just weed butter and powdered sugar and a lil bit of milk. They turned out great! Good and strong. I cut into 9 brownies.
26278EF8-BD0F-4B8E-9FC3-5F78268979BD.jpeg

Thanks DD! :passitleft:

I think we have decided on the rosin press. I'm not sure which one yet though. It'll be small as we just don't have room in our budget for a big one. The inner mechanical engineer in me says go the DIY route with the ready made heating plates. Hoping to have something to squish next month.

The tent is being shut down and packed up this evening. We are doing some remodeling now that I got our building permit from the city and a perpetual garden will be starting up. Going to start over fresh from seed but don't know what will be going into it yet. TH Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity is at the top of the list, but i would like at least 2 other strains as back ups since the HDF seeds only come regular.
I love it. So... we decided on a rosin press. I’m not to sure which one. I suggest if it’s just for personal consumption. Get you a hair straightner And make bubble hash. And smash that. You don’t need a 20 ton press to blow out your bags. Get a heavy friend to stand on it for you!

I had some bomb S'more bites from a dispensary once made like a dessert bar. Crumbled Graham crackers crust, just like you would do with a cheesecake or other similar dessert, baked off in the oven. You can add in some cannabutter when making the crust or just use regular butter. Next you want some melted chocolate (add in cannabutter here too if you want). Let the pan cool in the fridge to set up. Next you want to either make homemade marshmallow creme or melt a bag of marshmallows like you do for the Krispy treats (more cannabutter if you want) and spread out on top of the firmed up chocolate. Let everything cool in the fridge, then cut (oil knife blade to cut through the sticky marshmallow). To top it off take your torch and brown the marshmallow.
MMM now that sounds delicious! Thanks for the suggestion @The Phantom :passitleft:

That’s sound delicious! I made some reclaim brownies a few weeks ago. 10 grams of reclaim melted into coconut oil, ten grams of coconut oil. Then put that in Godiva box brownie mix. I had some canna butter that I had made with some trim and used that to make the white frosting, just weed butter and powdered sugar and a lil bit of milk. They turned out great! Good and strong. I cut into 9 brownies.

We thought about brownies but wanted to change it up a little bit. Weed frosting gives me so many ideas! Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

I love it. So... we decided on a rosin press. I’m not to sure which one. I suggest if it’s just for personal consumption. Get you a hair straightner And make bubble hash. And smash that. You don’t need a 20 ton press to blow out your bags. Get a heavy friend to stand on it for you!

We may end up going with a 2-5 ton model. We tried a hair straightener with lack luster results. It was probably too hot with the lowest setting at 330*f. I really like the idea of being able to better control the heat and pressure with a press. Even if it's just a small one.

Update time!

Found a home for 3 of the 4 clones. We decided to keep one to turn into a mother plant for future runs. We kept the weakest of the 4 so that she has plenty of time to reveg and fill back out. This gives me time to get our construction project finished and the tent set up again. We're enjoying this strain too much to not keep it around. I'll grab a picture of our mother to be later on today.

Spent the weekend laying 40 more blocks and hand mixing and pouring 800lbs of concrete. The sills are all finished and now onto the framing portion once the concrete holding the anchor bolts cures. The inspector couldn't tell the block wall was a DIY job so i'm pretty happy about that. All in all the project is moving along much faster than anticipated and we should have a perpetual garden going in no time :headbanger:

Finally took the time to dig these sticky ass buds out of their jars and get them up on a scale. Not counting the larf, we got 361 grams of smokable buds :lot-o-toke:

the expectations for this strain were 8oz indoor and 11oz outdoor and we came in at 12.8oz so that’s pretty awesome. Still have 3 jars of larf as well but it didnt get trimmed so it didnt get weighed either.

Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry drugs his girlfriend with turkey so he can play with her toys. Mike's over there egging on his wife to eat more and pass out so he can go online and buy more toys for the garden. Haha
So funny!

Finally took the time to dig these sticky ass buds out of their jars and get them up on a scale. Not counting the larf, we got 361 grams of smokable buds :lot-o-toke:

the expectations for this strain were 8oz indoor and 11oz outdoor and we came in at 12.8oz so that’s pretty awesome. Still have 3 jars of larf as well but it didnt get trimmed so it didnt get weighed either.
They looked fantastic Mike. Nice job!

Been a while since i’ve posted anything in here. Still have a single clone going in a 3gal fabric pot right now. Living crammed in a rubbermaid tub with some cheapo led bulbs glued in the lid. She’s healthy as can be and should produce enough clones for the next crop as soon as i can get this new grow space finished.

Attachments

• 17A01C4B-9DDA-40F7-8C6F-62AC8A6D2DE1.jpeg
    17A01C4B-9DDA-40F7-8C6F-62AC8A6D2DE1.jpeg
    885.8 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom