First Grow In 10 Years: DWC Bagseed, Sherbert

Can you please cite your reference properly?
Absolutely,
Frank, M. & Rosenthal, E. (1981). Indoor/Outdoor Highest Quality Marijuana Grower's Guide. Berkeley, CA, USA: And/Or Press Inc.

Both men have since put out revisions of this book, along with many other books they have written about growing. There are free copies available to download but without the tables and charts, you'll have to Google for them, or there are copies you can buy off of Amazon. The most recent revision has added more information, mostly on strains and such. I think a lot of that had to do with the book becoming required reading material for an Oaksterdam course Ed was teaching, go figure right?

Absolutely,
Frank, M. & Rosenthal, E. (1981). Indoor/Outdoor Highest Quality Marijuana Grower's Guide. Berkeley, CA, USA: And/Or Press Inc.

Both men have since put out revisions of this book, along with many other books they have written about growing. There are free copies available to download but without the tables and charts, you'll have to Google for them, or there are copies you can buy off of Amazon. The most recent revision has added more information, mostly on strains and such. I think a lot of that had to do with the book becoming required reading material for an Oaksterdam course Ed was teaching, go figure right?
Cheers, Phantom. I will keep my eyes peeled for a copy.
:thumb:

Cheers, Phantom. I will keep my eyes peeled for a copy.
:thumb:
Look in my signature under "Required Reading" you will see a link to a 420 thread with the Marijuana Grower's Handbook information copied. I personally do not like it, it's hard for me to read copied and pasted material as a thread. The free online copies are much easier to read, and of course the actual book is better with the charts/tables/photos included.

Happy St. Jerome Day for any followers of the Church of The Grateful Dead.

"You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do."

Look in my signature under "Required Reading" you will see a link to a 420 thread with the Marijuana Grower's Handbook information copied. I personally do not like it, it's hard for me to read copied and pasted material as a thread. The free online copies are much easier to read, and of course the actual book is better with the charts/tables/photos included.

Happy St. Jerome Day for any followers of the Church of The Grateful Dead.

"You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do."
Cheers, Phantom.
You keep truckin’ ;)

How goes the after harvest @Michael Hunt?

Everything is still hanging in the tent drying nice and slow. Rh is bouncing around between 58% and about 61%. The big main branches are starting to get a little crunchy but nothing will break when you bend it. I'm thinking by this weekend they may be ready for jars.

We have 8 wet oz’s of trim. So sticky you can hold the bin upside down and it doesn't fall out. Been fluffing that stuff once a day to keep it from molding while we get ready to process it. Going to pick up a double boil pot for some butter with all this trim this evening.

The accident buds we dried out in the dehydrator have been amazing. Picked up a fresh new bong to run them through. :bongrip: Good head rush right out of the gate with a gradual tingling body buzz that sneaks up on you. The taste comes and goes depending on which bud we grab out of the jar but that would be due to the dehydrator we assume. I plan to update with pictures and weights once everything comes off the branches and goes into jars. Also ordered some Boveda 58 and 62 packs that should be here Saturday. Gonna get this dry and cure right come hell or high water. :headbanger:

New bong and fresh bud, sounds like the life to be living!

:bongrip: We definitely arent complaining one bit. Also warming up the wifey to the idea of getting a small rosin press. If that is successful, we may be pressing most of our larf instead of making BHO.

Almost the final update for this big girl. Everything was trimmed off the stems and put into jars over the weekend. There are a total of 14 quart size widemouth mason jars with buds from the branches. 12 got mini hygrometers and the other 2 got boveda packs. The larf was stuffed into 3 mason jars making a total count of 17. After 2 days, all of the jars are sitting between 56% and 61%. The smell is a deep fruity musk with a hint of skunk. Once you squeeze, cut, or pull apart a bud, an overpowering citrus/gasoline smell takes over.

No weights yet since i’m about as lazy as the day is long right now.

we also took half the trim and made about 1.5 lbs of butter with it. Our first foray into edibles were some fuity-pebble rice crispy treats. The misses got way too stoned off one whole treat on Saturday. So it’s half treats for her. After 2 hours of pacing she finally laid down lol. 6 hours later there we were, waking up on the couch, tv still blaring, 430 in the morning. They are definitely some good edibles. As they say, pics or it didnt happen!
81A9F963-8CF3-40D9-8D7C-C796135DDD8D.jpeg
763B0239-665B-4EA0-8DF4-5DB254A23039.jpeg
6612FDEB-3FF7-464D-83D2-FC89D16BE8FB.jpeg
56EB3226-0DA5-43C5-9EC2-B1DCE272AAF7.jpeg

Beautiful, Mike. Those rice crispies sound like the business. :drool: Mmm butter.
You did it! What a sight, all those jars!
Glad to hear you are enjoying it - so you should. :high-five: That’ll come on nicely with a cure.
Not that you need my encouragement, but Yes! for a rosin press ;) solventless extracts are where it’s at. You certainly have the biomass.
I forget. What’s next? Clones? Seedlings? What’s going on? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful, Mike. Those rice crispies sound like the business. :drool: Mmm butter.
You did it! What a sight, all those jars!
Glad to hear you are enjoying it - so you should. :high-five: That’ll come on nicely with a cure.
Not that you need my encouragement, but Yes! for a rosin press ;) solventless extracts are where it’s at. You certainly have the biomass.
I forget. What’s next? Clones? Seedlings? What’s going on? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks DD! :passitleft:

I think we have decided on the rosin press. I'm not sure which one yet though. It'll be small as we just don't have room in our budget for a big one. The inner mechanical engineer in me says go the DIY route with the ready made heating plates. Hoping to have something to squish next month.

The tent is being shut down and packed up this evening. We are doing some remodeling now that I got our building permit from the city and a perpetual garden will be starting up. Going to start over fresh from seed but don't know what will be going into it yet. TH Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity is at the top of the list, but i would like at least 2 other strains as back ups since the HDF seeds only come regular.

Damn you're strict! If I was her, I'd end up sneaking my other half when you weren't looking, probably followed by a face plant on the couch for the rest of the day. Haha

Hahah not my rules hers! Im Over there egging her on to eat more, and end up eating the other half when she isnt looking and wont herself :rofl:

Ha. When MH said photos or it didn’t happen I thought we were going to see someone’s face stuck in a dry puddle.
No worries. We know what that looks like :rofl:
After my edible and a few more sneaky pieces for myself, that photo would just be a blurry close up of a thumb. Taken with the cement block that used to be a hand. and im not even sure who’s thumb it is!? :laugh:

Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry drugs his girlfriend with turkey so he can play with her toys. Mike's over there egging on his wife to eat more and pass out so he can go online and buy more toys for the garden. Haha
Ssshhhhh she can hear us! :rofl: I'll sneak a seed order in one of these days and just claim they were ordered months ago and held up in the covid delays.

Congrats on your harvest Michael. Well done. .
Good luck w/ your construction project as well .
I retired from that industry ( commercial rather than residential ) and the first thing I did after retirement was build a shop / garage / apartment above , at my home.
If you have any questions about stuff , ask anytime.
One thing , if you are hiring a GC to do the work , make sure there are NO grey areas in the contract.

Get the money straight up front. Never let them get ahead of you. Money wise.
Enjoy your harvest :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom