First Grow - Indoor Now - Outside & Inside Later

My new Mars II 900
IMG_005574.JPG

It arrived this morning and I spent 3 hours re configuring my grow area. The 575w CFL hood came out of the upper deck and the Mars 900 installed for the big girls. Then the CFL hood went in the lower deck for the young girls.

The Mars is INTENSE lol

IMG_005574.JPG

IMG_005474.JPG

IMG_005663.JPG

IMG_005758.JPG

Much less crowded now and better light for ALL my girls

Busy day today.

Morning spent re configuring the grow room after the arrival of my Mars 900 light.

This afternoon preparing for the outdoor grow. Full moon is for June is due June 2nd so the girls can go outside anytime after that, The ful moon is generally the last time we are likely to experience frost here. I put the one male I have kept outside today but will bring him in at night for the next few weeks.

I have done a lot of readying concerning Subcool's Super Soil as will as some others. I like the idea of a soil that is "complete" and the plants only need water until harvest, especially as some of these plants are likely to be left to their own on my woodlot 2 hours drive from where I live. Those girls are not likely to see me more than 3 or 4 times before harvest so are going to have to fend for themselves LOL.

I also want to be organic in ALL my gardening, these girls as well as my vegetables. As such, I researched what plants needed for a full life cycle, what each nutrient provided in terms of growth and health, and then searched for organic sources with varying release rates.

Here is the recipe I am currently working with and mixing up out in my garage:

1 bale (3.8 cuft) of Pro-mix BX...no added fertilizers and becomes approximately 7.5 cuft after broken up

5 cuft (5x 28L bags) Black Earth...nothing added

7.5 lbs natural tree fertilizer 4-4-8 granulated + 2% iron
•May use on all trees and shrubs, deciduous and evergreen
•Organic nitrogen in slow release form
•Will not burn bark or roots even in hot weather
•Does not require watering after application
•Safe to children, pets, and the environment
•Can be applied in all seasons
GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS:
•Total Nitrogen (N) 4.0%
•0.4% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•3.6% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.1%
•Soluble Potash (K2O) 8.0%
•Calcium (Ca) 4.0%
•Magnesium (Mg) 1.0%
•Sulphur (S) 4.0%
•Iron (Fe) 2.0%
•Organic Matter 30.0%
•Derived from: feather meal, sulfate of potash, dolomitic limestone, gypsum, ferrous carbonate, bone meal and/or rock phosphate

5lbs Bone and Blood Meal 7-5-0
•Can be used on all bulbs, flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs
•Granular, easy to use
•Slow release nitrogen and phosphorus
•Will not burn
GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS:
•Total Nitrogen (N) 7.0%
•0.5% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•6.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.1%
•Calcium (Ca) 13.0%
•Organic Matter 50.0%
•Derived from: bone meal, and blood meal
•6.5% slow release nitrogen from bone meal and blood meal

55lbs (25kg) alfalfa meal/pellets >typically has a 2-1-2 and a 1-4 month release

Kelp meal IF I can get some, for micro nutrients

And water > to be determined still working it (will mix it with SuperThrive for the micro nutrients)

Then let it "cook" for a number of weeks just like composting.
Also, if able, throw in worms to break down organic matter and make it available to the plants easier.

If I get it all mixed up in the next couple days, it will be able to "cook" for about 4 weeks before I move the girls outside.

This will be an on going journal until well after harvest so come fall we will see how my soil preforms LOL

Always on the quest for knowledge and I can learn as much from failure as I can from success LOL

This mix should yield you 120 to 150 gallons of loose soil. I will be able to give a more accurate volume once I finish mixing and put it in the tote to "cook". Tomorrow I am off to the city and going to see if I can get some kelp meal. Then I will be done mixing.

BTW if you are like me and could not get alfalfa meal but have access to alfalfa pellets or cubes, throw them in a wheel barrow and add about 3 gal water per 10 lbs alfalfa and let set 30 mins or so. They will swell and can be raked to loosen and then added to your mix.

OK I have a question for the experienced growers here.

I have fem seeds from Bomb Seeds. Even with fem seeds, I expect the odd male from what I have read. I had one male out of 4 of the THC Bomb girls.

I planted 10 CherryBomb on April 9th, as well as some other Bomb plants. 9 of the Cherry Bomb sprouted. They have started showing pre-flowers in the past couple days.

Is it possible to have a hermie right from seed? I have 1 plant that yesterday I swore was a male and today I see a female calyx on the next node up. What appears as a male calyx on one node and female calyx (positive) on the next node.

Any ideas?

Thanks RC

The 2nd round of Bomb Girls after 7 days under the 575w cfls and now 6 wks from seed.

IMG_005954.JPG

Starting to look like a sea of green which is not my intent, this is just supposed to be a nursery until I can move then to the great outdoors. That is still atleast 2 wks away. I think I need to do another re-shuffle and move a few from the penthouse outside during the day so I can give the younger girls more room to grow.

Update time and some more pictures.

Due to how crowded the nursery was getting I decided that the taller Sativas in the Penthouse needed to get out and enjoy the great outdoors and make room for some of the taller Bomb girls in the nursery.

Penthouse before
IMG_006064.JPG

Penthouse after
IMG_006351.JPG

IMG_006454.JPG

Nursery before
IMG_005954.JPG

and after
IMG_006554.JPG

Still a full house but much more room for the girls to breathe

THC Bomb mom3 basking in the sun, she was moved out of the penthouse a few days ago as she was getting to tall
IMG_006249.JPG

Question

I have one THC Bomb male as I mentioned earlier in my journal. Or so I thought, now I am questioning my call on it. I hadn't chopped it as I was playing with the idea of growing it out separate from my Bomb girls and collecting pollen to fertilize a few buds for seed.

As such, I took it out of my grow room and put it outside even though there was still a chance of frost and pretty much forgot about it.

In the past couple days I have been moving some of the bigger girls outside and preparing homes for all my girls I intend to grow outside. While I was about it, I decided to check on the "male". Now I am at a loss, I see female pre-flowers higher up on it and the lower nodes, where I was seeing the "claws" indicating male, I now have extra leaves or branches forming. See picture.

Anybody able to tell me what I have? Mutant growing 3 leaves or branches per node or what?

IMG_20150526_203600.jpg

Any help or comments appreciated and thanks in advance

RC

Thanks Super

I don't have pics from then, I had to take that one with my phone in order to get it focused on the leaf. But even my phone wouldn't focus tight enough to show the pre flowers when I sexed them.

I don't know what to think, I have never grown before as I was never interested to using. Now that I am older and suffer arthritis and nerve pain, research has led me to wanting to try cannabis. I am learning as I go and enjoying the ride LOL

But in all my research about growing, this site being awesome, I have not seen mention of this happening

RC

When cannabis plants grow 3 branches per node this is called polyploid due to the chromosome changes. If your plant has both female pistils and male pollen sacks forming your plant is a hermaphrodite and I would destroy the plant.

Yes mine were all fems, from Bomb Seeds.

Moving most outside to grow but keeping the ones I trained plus one of each of the other strains inside to bloom. I really want to try all 4 strains and see which ones help while still allowing me to function LOL

I just hope none are TOO "skunky" smelling LOL I never cared for that smell.

I have tried 2 different types recently, neither of which I know the strain. One didn't smell "skunky" at all and I was pain free for more than 12 hours later. The other, my son had and smell not TOO bad but the taste it left in my mouth and the fact that it only helped the pain for about 30 minutes sucked. I will not bother with strains like that LOL

RC

Back
Top Bottom