First Grow - Indoor Now - Outside & Inside Later

Nah, 100% southern.
Paternal side is Cajun...maternal side highland Scots.

Cajun guy myself. Acadiana born and raised. I moved away many years ago but still go back a few times a year to visit family and friends and get my fill of crawfish.

Awesome grow you've got going on here Celt!! VERY NICE!!
:circle-of-love::bravo::popcorn:

New pictures of the indoor Bomb Girls starting their 5th week of flower this morning

Just before lights on
IMG_012346.JPG

IMG_012442.JPG

IMG_012541.JPG

IMG_012641.JPG

IMG_012737.JPG

IMG_012837.JPG

IMG_012932.JPG

Just after lights on

IMG_013043.JPG

IMG_013132.JPG

The girls are getting pretty sticky. I just spent the past 1/2 hr watering and putting a new layer of diatomaceous earth on to keep the fungus gnats a t bay.

While shuffling the girls around to get at the back one and repositioning to get better light, the hair on my arms got coated in resin. I had to wash with alcohol to get the sticky feeling off LOL

The girls are getting pretty sticky. I just spent the past 1/2 hr watering and putting a new layer of diatomaceous earth on to keep the fungus gnats a t bay.

While shuffling the girls around to get at the back one and repositioning to get better light, the hair on my arms got coated in resin. I had to wash with alcohol to get the sticky feeling off LOL

I love the feel of damp resin on my arms in the morning. :slide:

Nice I read in one of the grow bibles or something similar that one of the earliest means of hash collection was simply doing what you just did. Putting their hands in the plants and collecting the resin to then make finger hash I'm assuming. True or not it sounds cool.

Nice I read in one of the grow bibles or something similar that one of the earliest means of hash collection was simply doing what you just did. Putting their hands in the plants and collecting the resin to then make finger hash I'm assuming. True or not it sounds cool.

This is the traditional method of hash making. The end product is called charas.
If you'd like to try this yourself......when your girls are good and frosty take both hands and place the open part of your palms on each side of a cola with a light to medium touch and roll the cola/bud in a back and forth in a twisting fashion. Do this w/o pressing so hard on the bud that you ruin the bud but with enough pressure to get lots of resin on your hands. Do this enough (assuming you have lots of buds to rub :blushsmile:) and you'll end up with lots of resin on your hands which you then scape off and rub/press into a ball. Whala...charas.
This is a very simplified explanation. Making good charas is almost an art form that involves ideal times of day to gather the resin, ideal sunshine/heat conditions for pressing, etc..

Great explanation UncleC

I think when I harvest, I will keep the frosty trimmings and use the ice water and sieve method to extract my hash.

Judging by your pics you'll have LOTS of trim! Lots of trim = Lots of tasty hash :yummy:

I made my first ever batch of ice water hash about 3 weeks ago.
thumb_IMG_0824_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0828_1024.jpg

Hey there Celt....I forgot to mention that when I finished making my ice water hash I tossed all of the water saturated trim that is leftover into one of my soil simmering bins. This was about 3 weeks ago. I stirred my soil over the weekend and there is zero trace that I put the stuff in there. Broken down and ready to use in 3 short weeks.
I'm gonna turn my Ganja Girls into cannibals. I may have to start referring to them as the Cannibal Girls.
:yummy:

There ya' go! Looks like I won't be the only one around here with Cannibal Girls.
Kudo's on the worm bin. :goodjob:
One of these days when I grow up I'm gonna' make me one of those.

I'm was conceived during the flower child era. What do they call folks like me again...?? Generation Xer's...?? Whatever......I was born in 69' but I still feel like I'm 29.
I'm never gonna' grow up but I still would like to have my own worm bin someday. Worm bins shouldn't require adult supervision....right??
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom