First Grow - Indoor Now - Outside & Inside Later

Overdue update

Been busy making 10 gal grow bags and repotting the girls intended to grow outside but most are out even if not in permanent homes yet.

I've modified my grow closet to make it a full 7 feet tall rather than a 3' lower and 4' upper. Need more than the 4 feet would allow with the light to bloom my indoor girls.

Last pictures of the Bomb Girls in the nursery and penthouse before going out on their own
IMG_006554.JPG

IMG_006454.JPG

The indoor girls after modifying the grow closet. 2 THC Bomb (bigger ones) and 2 Cherry Bomb

IMG_007856.JPG

IMG_007958.JPG

I am going to give the girls a couple days to veg before flipping to 12/12. The big girl in the middle had a major tie down to even out her canopy some and the 2 Cherry Bomb girl were just recently cut for cloning. Son-in-law requested 30 clones of the Cherry Bomb after he picked up the last 10 of my THC Bomb clones.

The 2 THC girls are in 6 gal grow bags with my super soil and the 2 Cherry girls MAY get put into 4 gal bags before I flip them.

RC

Question

I have one THC Bomb male as I mentioned earlier in my journal. Or so I thought, now I am questioning my call on it. I hadn't chopped it as I was playing with the idea of growing it out separate from my Bomb girls and collecting pollen to fertilize a few buds for seed.

As such, I took it out of my grow room and put it outside even though there was still a chance of frost and pretty much forgot about it.

In the past couple days I have been moving some of the bigger girls outside and preparing homes for all my girls I intend to grow outside. While I was about it, I decided to check on the "male". Now I am at a loss, I see female pre-flowers higher up on it and the lower nodes, where I was seeing the "claws" indicating male, I now have extra leaves or branches forming. See picture.

Anybody able to tell me what I have? Mutant growing 3 leaves or branches per node or what?

IMG_20150526_203600.jpg

Any help or comments appreciated and thanks in advance

RC

I may have found the answer to my question. I found this bit of info on a grow site about cannabis botany.

"When the primordia first appear they are undifferentiated sexually, but soon the males can be identified by their curved claw shape, soon followed by the differentiation of round pointed flower buds having five radial segments. The females are recognized by the enlargement of a symmetrical tubular calyx (floral sheath). They are easier to recognize at a young age than male primordia. The first female calyxes tend to lack paired pistils (pollen-catching appendages) though initial male flowers often mature and shed viable pollen. In some individuals, especially hybrids, small non-flowering limbs will form at the nodes and are often confused with male primordia."

My girls are all hybrids so maybe this is the case with this one odd plant. I will be watching it closely to ensure its NOT a herm.

A picture of Big Mamma a THC Bomb from Bomb Seeds.

IMG_008149.JPG

She is in a 25 gallon fabric pot with my super soil and then set 3/4 deep in the ground. Being next to my garage, tending her is easy but height may become an issue. I was informed by Bomb Seeds that this strain will only grow to be 5 to 6' tall when grown outdoors. This girl is already over 4 feet with 4 more months to go before harvest. I may have got the 1 in 10 sativa pheno with this girl LOL

Here are a couple more pictures of Big Momma. 8 days later she is now 54" tall and a stump of 1 1/4". If she continues at this rate, she will be a 12 to 14 foot tree by harvest time LOL MUCH bigger than the 5 to 6 feet I was told by the breeder LOL

IMG_008646.JPG

IMG_008451.JPG

Thanks ganjazz

I should update more often but get so busy with other things. Especially now that the majority of the girls have moved outside LOL

Big Momma is 5 feet tall now and still atleast 3 months till harvest. Been raining here for 3 days and the sun finally came out this evening. She likely to take off again LOL

LOL I am using a M2 900 and these girls were planted on march 22nd, so lots of veg time. The other thing is they are all from Bomb Seeds which seem to really grow fast just as they advertise "explosive genetics".

Having never grown before, I was unprepared for how fast they grew LOL

LOL I am using a M2 900 and these girls were planted on march 22nd, so lots of veg time. The other thing is they are all from Bomb Seeds which seem to really grow fast just as they advertise "explosive genetics".

Having never grown before, I was unprepared for how fast they grew LOL

ah ok, use M2 700 with reflector 300w.

i read about that strain, strong ganja also :tokin:

22 march, thats a long veg time, why that? (did 6weeks)

Really hadn't planned on it being that long. I wanted to play with "mainlining" and that meant about 2 weeks between cuts and training but then friends and my son-in-law asked for a LOT of clones so things went even longer having to let the girls grow out enough to cut the clones.

My son-in-law first asked for 30-40 clones, so I cut them and then 2 days later he asked if I could make another 40 for him LOL. I had already started to cut the lights back the day of his second request. I had been running 14.5 on/9.5 off and cut them back 1/2 hr per day to 12/12.

Some picture of my girls today

Big Mamma is now 62" tall
IMG_009539.JPG

Cluster Bomb
IMG_009650.JPG

IMG_009744.JPG

The Big Bomb girls hiding in the raspberry cane, tall one on the left is as tall as me.
IMG_009842.JPG

Cherry Bomb, she has some yellowing in a few leaves
IMG_010053.JPG

IMG_009947.JPG

Now for my indoor girls on day 14 of flower
IMG_010345.JPG

Quick update on the indoor Bomb Girls under a Mars II 900.

Later today or tomorrow I'll add some picks of the outdoor girls and Big Mamma.

These pictures were taken this morning just before lights on so I could see the true colors. Only had time for 2 before the light came on.
IMG_010541.JPG

And here is one of the Cherry Bomb buds, even the fan leaves are starting to get frosty.
IMG_010634.JPG

As promised, the outdoor Bomb Girls

Big Mamma, over 6 feet tall now
IMG_011141.JPG

IMG_011039.JPG

IMG_011235.JPG

She lost a limb Sunday, dog damage I think

Big Mamma's little sista
IMG_011953.JPG

The Big Bomb Girls, the tallest is over 7 feet now
IMG_011643.JPG

Cluster Bomb over 5 feet
IMG_011741.JPG

Cherry Bomb over 4 feet
IMG_011844.JPG

The Garden
IMG_011338.JPG

Insomnia is something I have dealt with off and on most of my life, but now its compounded by nerve pain in my arm that wakes me.

I tried a strain a couple months back that REALLY worked for the pain, but always having been a drinker rather than a smoker, alcohol that night left me lacking in details such as the name of that strain LOL

Back
Top Bottom